Epcot parking lot currently closed due to capacity (Nov 7 2015)

lazyboy97o

How about the ESPN Wide World of Sports?
As was mentioned, events are hosted there but part of the allure is running through a park (fitting I guess since it seems to be a big attractor of the uber planners who similarly must always run through the park to finish their checklist of ressies). Equipment gets brought into and staged in the parking lots before and after the actual race day, but the needs for space should not require inconveniencing other guests.

Last edited:

Bolt

Does that mean for a full marathon, the full lot would be closed? If so, we say scheduled the WDW Marathon. Monorail from TTC should be jammed.
Not sure if you know how it works, but the course doesn't run all 26.2 miles in the parking lot. It's just the starting/finish line. Same amount of runners, same amount of space. Also, there's no Food and Wine on Marathon weekend, quite the opposite, it's a relatively slow season then.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Editing your post then asking a person to re read it seems a bit pointless, IMO.

:rolleyes: Even though I don't need to explain. I was in the middle of editing almost done, and they responded to the original before I finished and I wanted them to see a certain part. That's why I said that. :)

sxeensweet

This. I'm in Texas.
Honestly, they'd learn and respect it more being in school. Kids would just be excited for the day off. That's all.:(

Very true kids just get excited to have a day off. I know I was that way any day we had off growing up. Shoot I'm like that now with work! Haha Well not all the time because of a lot going on but you get the just. At least in school they have to watch a special program or video or something about the importance of Veteran's Day. :)

AEfx

Foods not typically available at your local mass consumption venues...

No, but available on the street corners in most even moderately populous places all across the country at food trucks, and small, non-chain establishments. They aren't serving anything terribly rare, just in very small portions at very inflated prices. But, as the person you reply to was pointing out, what can we expect from a place where people pay massive admission fees for a park where there is more retail/dining space than attractions.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
No, but available on the street corners in most even moderately populous places all across the country at food trucks, and small, non-chain establishments. They aren't serving anything terribly rare, just in very small portions at very inflated prices. But, as the person you reply to was pointing out, what can we expect from a place where people pay massive admission fees for a park where there is more retail/dining space than attractions.

Nope, its tossed in for us AP holders... We pay for MK and get AK, HS, and Epcot as a bonus.

AEfx

Not the whole week, but the country takes Veterans Day itself off. It's this Wednesday, and you specifically asked about Wednesday. :)

It's very much regional. In most places, government/publicly funded stuff goes down - but in many, regular business goes on as usual (even at financial institutions, etc.) - in fact, I was reading the other day that only about 1/5 of private business observe it. The new trend at a lot of private companies is to skip it and instead take 2-days at Thanksgiving, turning that into a 5-day weekend.

I think at WDW it manifests itself like Columbus Day, etc. - more regional/"local" visitors coming for a few days, versus planning a week's vacation - so that day itself may be busy, and the day or two on each immediate side, making it more of a blip than a chunk of time.

sxeensweet

It's very much regional. In most places, government/publicly funded stuff goes down - but in many, regular business goes on as usual (even at financial institutions, etc.) - in fact, I was reading the other day that only about 1/5 of private business observe it. The new trend at a lot of private companies is to skip it and instead take 2-days at Thanksgiving, turning that into a 5-day weekend.

I think at WDW it manifests itself like Columbus Day, etc. - more regional/"local" visitors coming for a few days, versus planning a week's vacation - so that day itself may be busy, and the day or two on each immediate side, making it more of a blip than a chunk of time.

Agree...And not even publicly funded things go down in a lot of areas like how I mentioned all public schools were open in quite a few States including mine. And also most colleges don't recognize it either as a holiday. :)

FigmentForver96

And it's not just Louisiana like I mentioned if you look at even Florida, Mississippi, etc most schools are not out. Yes a lot of our government offices are closed like yours but no not schools. DH is a vet himself and really its no big deal to him if stuff if closed or not because he is usually working and so am I because we do not have government jobs etc. The schools recognize the holiday by having special programs and such but that's it. :)
Not trying to derail the thread, but here in Florida we are out Wednesday for Veterans Day. I literally have college classes in the morning and then I am done for the week. I recently just moved home to Bay County to be with family so I don't know if they base it county to county, but we are out.

sxeensweet

Not trying to derail the thread, but here in Florida we are out Wednesday for Veterans Day. I literally have college classes in the morning and then I am done for the week. I recently just moved home to Bay County to be with family so I don't know if they base it county to county, but we are out.

Thanks for the info! :) Must be county to county because I saw Orange County (I believe it's called) and another one was not off of school in Florida. I know most states it's county to county. :)

dizda

Thanks for the info! :) Must be county to county because I saw Orange County (I believe it's called) and another one was not off of school in Florida. I know most states it's county to county. :)
It is very inconsistent from county to county and system to system as to what federal holidays (apart from Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, and Memorial Day) local schools observe. Some school systems that have short summer breaks have fewer holidays but a number of short breaks throughout the year that may not line up well with government holidays but fit the grading periods. It can make planning vacations a bit more of a challenge in some respects because you cannot piggyback on as many holidays, but it does give you options at some less crowded times during the break weeks.

sxeensweet

It is very inconsistent from county to county and system to system as to what federal holidays (apart from Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, and Memorial Day) local schools observe. Some school systems that have short summer breaks have fewer holidays but a number of short breaks throughout the year that may not line up well with government holidays but fit the grading periods. It can make planning vacations a bit more of a challenge in some respects because you cannot piggyback on as many holidays, but it does give you options at some less crowded times during the break weeks.

Well said! Thanks for saying what I was trying to better. Lol :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom