Linking Credit Card to Magic Band

ABQ

If I'm staying in a room with 4 people, can more than one card be linked? Not more than one to a single magic band, but can 2 bands be on one card and two others on another distinct card? I'm guessing no, as I don't think you can have multiple cards associated with a room charge, but just curious.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If I'm staying in a room with 4 people, can more than one card be linked? Not more than one to a single magic band, but can 2 bands be on one card and two others on another distinct card? I'm guessing no, as I don't think you can have multiple cards associated with a room charge, but just curious.

I believe, if you want to get technical, the MagicBand is tied to the room and the room is tied to the credit card. When you are paying for things with your MagicBand around the property, you are really just charging things to your room and you can only have one credit card on file per room. I do believe that when you get your invoice for MagicBand charges, it lists which MagicBand made which charges, so it may be possible to go to the front desk at the end of your trip to have them separated out and charged to various credit cards at that time. Someone with more experience may be able to either validate this or say otherwise.

WillCAD

Actually, yes, you can.

However, you can't do it from MyDisneyExperience.

To make this work, don't link a credit card to your MDX account in advance. Instead, go to the front desk of the resort at check-in and explain that you want to link more than one CC to your account, and split the charges a particular way. They do it all the time, and most CMs know how to do it instantly. If they say that it can't be done, give them a friendly smile and ask them to call their supervisor over, because all of the supervisors know how to do it.

These two MagicBands charge to THIS card... those two MagicBands charge to THAT card... all done. They can even add a separate card for each MB on the room, if you wanted to go that far.

ABQ

Actually, yes, you can.

To make this work, don't link a credit card to your MDX account in advance. Instead, go to the front desk of the resort at check-in and explain that you want to link more than one CC to your account, and split the charges a particular way. They do it all the time, and most CMs know how to do it instantly. If they say that it can't be done, give them a friendly smile and ask them to call their supervisor over, because all of the supervisors know how to do it.

These two MagicBands charge to THIS card... those two MagicBands charge to THAT card... all done. They can even add a separate card for each MB on the room, if you wanted to go that far.
Awesome, I'll do exactly that.

jaklgreen

This is basically what they have been doing with onsite guest for years. You are able to charge things back to your room. But instead of having a "card" it is a magic band. They have added extra security with the added pin that you enter.

cjack300zx

We did this back in may, linked my debit card to the band really liked not having to carry my wallet to the parks. The one change I would like is be able to check how much I have spent without going to front desk.

KCL

Actually, yes, you can.

This is great to finally see. I'd been wondering how much of an issue it would be, but couldn't find anything "official".

Tom P.

We did this back in may, linked my debit card to the band really liked not having to carry my wallet to the parks. The one change I would like is be able to check how much I have spent without going to front desk.
We were at Art of Animation recently, and I checked the amount we had spent on pretty much a daily basis by just calling 0 from our room. (I'd say by calling the front desk, but I know it actually goes to a call center, not the front desk.) We didn't have to actually go to the front desk to check.

cjack300zx

We were at Art of Animation recently, and I checked the amount we had spent on pretty much a daily basis by just calling 0 from our room. (I'd say by calling the front desk, but I know it actually goes to a call center, not the front desk.) We didn't have to actually go to the front desk to check.
Thank you Tom. This is great to know when we go back in May

dvitali

Question:
I plan to link my debit card to my magic band for my third meal and extra snacks purchases but I want to use my Apple Pay on my IPhone with my regular credit card for my major purchases. Like to set limits for both during the 7 days. Debit have a 300 a day limit and the regular credit card like to limit it same but for a entire week. Can Apple Pay be set at limit at Disney?

Tom P.

Question:
I plan to link my debit card to my magic band for my third meal and extra snacks purchases but I want to use my Apple Pay on my IPhone with my regular credit card for my major purchases. Like to set limits for both during the 7 days. Debit have a 300 a day limit and the regular credit card like to limit it same but for a entire week. Can Apple Pay be set at limit at Disney?
I can't answer the question about Apple Pay. Maybe someone else.

But be careful about the debit card. The way the Magic Bands work, they don't push the charges through to the card as they occur. Instead, everything you purchase with the Magic Band goes on your resort room account, and it's all sent to the card at once. They only send it to the card (1) when you reach the resort charging limit ($1,500 at Value and Moderate resorts, $2,000 at Deluxe and DVC resorts), (2) when you've been there for five nights, and/or (3) on your date of checkout. If your debit card has a daily limit of $300, you may run into issues when they go to charge out all your purchases as one big transaction. You may want to talk to your bank about that and see if they can temporarily allow the larger charges from Disney.

Rob562

I can't answer the question about Apple Pay. Maybe someone else.

But be careful about the debit card. The way the Magic Bands work, they don't push the charges through to the card as they occur. Instead, everything you purchase with the Magic Band goes on your resort room account, and it's all sent to the card at once. They only send it to the card (1) when you reach the resort charging limit ($1,500 at Value and Moderate resorts, $2,000 at Deluxe and DVC resorts), (2) when you've been there for five nights, and/or (3) on your date of checkout. If your debit card has a daily limit of $300, you may run into issues when they go to charge out all your purchases as one big transaction. You may want to talk to your bank about that and see if they can temporarily allow the larger charges from Disney.

Another option is to request the front desk to lower your room charge limit to $300. Not all front desk CM's know how to do that, so they may need to get a supervisor, but it can be done. (Increasing the limit cannot, though. You're limited to the set amount or lower)

-Rob

JaxFLBear

Can Apple Pay be set at limit at Disney?
Your spending limit with Apple Pay is determined on the type of card:
  • If using a Credit Card, your limit is based on the available credit on the account.
  • If using a Dedit Card, your limit will be based on the balance in the linked bank account.
Paying with Apple Pay is really no different than using the actual credit/debit card to pay for the purchase when it comes to spending limits.

Tom P.

I wonder how Disney handles it if they go to charge out a person's MagicBand purchases and their card is declined. $1,500-$2,000 is a pretty large amount for them to "float" to a guest on the assumption their card will be good for it. I suppose they assume that someone who has already prepaid thousands for a vacation is likely able to afford their MagicBand purchases, but it still is taking a risk on their part.

JourneysEnd

I wonder how Disney handles it if they go to charge out a person's MagicBand purchases and their card is declined. $1,500-$2,000 is a pretty large amount for them to "float" to a guest on the assumption their card will be good for it. I suppose they assume that someone who has already prepaid thousands for a vacation is likely able to afford their MagicBand purchases, but it still is taking a risk on their part.
May have that amount pending on the cc.

Rob562

I'm sure there are number-crunchers, lawyers and insurance risk people who have gone over the numbers they've chosen those pre-set charge limits because the financial gain from people being able to more easily spend money outweighs the low risk of someone either scamming them or being unable to pay. Besides, they already have name and address info for you. It's not like they can't track down most people if needed to send a collections company or file in small-claims court. (Or write it off as a loss and let the insurance company handle all that stuff)

-Rob

jaklgreen

Plus they charge your card before you leave. So they can hopefully resolve whatever the issue is. I would hope most people would know their financial limits before going on shopping sprees.

Leticia Cuebas

Ok so I live in Florida so no need in me staying at a Disney hotel, can I still link my credit card to my magic band so I can make purchases that way or no?? Thank you to everyone in advance,,

Leticia Cuebas

Ok so I live in Florida so no need in me staying at a Disney hotel, can I still link my credit card to my magic band so I can make purchases that way or no?? Thank you to everyone in advance,,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom