Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
That makes a ton of sense. Probably the most apt comparison would be 20k leagues at Tokyo.

verne-10.jpg

They'll just do a better job of making you walk the queue which will be the millennium falcon and have you sit directly in the 'pod' on the left of the image below... obscuring the fact it's actually just a small ride vehicle on a track.

Star%2BWars%2BLegacy%2BCollection%2BMillennium%2BFalcon%2B16.jpg

<<<actively biting tongue>>>

*1023*

Haymarket2008

That makes a ton of sense. Probably the most apt comparison would be 20k leagues at Tokyo.

verne-10.jpg

They'll just do a better job of making you walk the queue which will be the millennium falcon and have you sit directly in the 'pod' on the left of the image below... obscuring the fact it's actually just a small ride vehicle on a track.

Star%2BWars%2BLegacy%2BCollection%2BMillennium%2BFalcon%2B16.jpg

To me, this is the best thing that could happen. Wow. Incredibly promising. This and a more traditional E-Ticket dark ride? Sounds awesome.

doctornick

All kidding aside, while I absolutely would not advocate it for one of the headliners of the new land, having a Star Wars dark ride similar to PPF would actually have some potential as you board your ship (X-wing perhaps?) and fly over different planets of the Star Wars saga -- with proper scenes and good AAs and music, that could be a quality C-ticket to balance other offerings.

HauntedMansionFLA

All kidding aside, while I absolutely would not advocate it for one of the headliners of the new land, having a Star Wars dark ride similar to PPF would actually have some potential as you board your ship (X-wing perhaps?) and fly over different planets of the Star Wars saga -- with proper scenes and good AAs and music, that could be a quality C-ticket to balance other offerings.
I agree, they need some kid friendly attractions too that the younger and shorter kids can ride.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sorry I meant when SWL is finally built. They had made the announcement where Jedi was being moved too. I was just wondering the capacity of the theatre.

I don't think they have said anything about how Jedi Training Academy will be worked into the new land. When they announced the short term Star Wars additions that would be coming to the park they did say:

"Finally, Jedi Training Academy – a favorite of younger fans – will be reimagined with a new experience that includes new characters and a new villain to battle from the popular Disney XD series, “Star Wars Rebels.”"

It's not clear how Jedi Training Academy will be represented in the new land.

DisneyDrum

I've been on this ride and as awesome as the queue and showbuilding was, the ride was one of the weaker offerings at Disney Seas

I disagree, and it depends what you're comparing it to. It's certainly better than any of the fantasyland dark rides. The combo of the cabin that completely surrounds you, wet-for-dry effects, movable spotlight, and shaking/interaction with the environment makes the Tokyo 20K a superbly immersive ride. The millennium falcon ride could be spectacular if they use this platform. Imagine having some freedom of motion to reorient the cabin, having blasters that can fire, and projection mapping effects. All this in a ride that everyone can enjoy. It would be better than most rides Disney has developed in the last 10 years...

Jon81uk

Sorry I meant when SWL is finally built. They had made the announcement where Jedi was being moved too. I was just wondering the capacity of the theatre.

I don't think they have said anything about how Jedi Training Academy will be worked into the new land. When they announced the short term Star Wars additions that would be coming to the park they did say:

"Finally, Jedi Training Academy – a favorite of younger fans – will be reimagined with a new experience that includes new characters and a new villain to battle from the popular Disney XD series, “Star Wars Rebels.”"

It's not clear how Jedi Training Academy will be represented in the new land.

There were rumours / discussions about Jedi Training moving into the ABC Sound Studio (previously home to Sounds Dangerous and the Frozen Fever short). But as @danlb_2000 says, there are permits to refurb the outdoor stage so I don't expect it to move soon, if at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom