Am I the only person who thinks Beach/Yacht Club pool is overhyped & overrated?

ArielLover

We are currently looking at YC as well. My sister stays at BC and swears by the pool. She doesn't typically over hype anything, so I usually trust her word.
We were going to stay at WL but we were concerned about the construction. Never stayed at the YC or BC but ate at Cape May once.

JusticeDisney

You people are worrying me, my wife and I are considering the YC for a holiday trip in 2016. The pool was one of the reasons.
Don't be worried. The pool is literally the best pool anywhere on property, and it's not even close. It's like nothing you will have experienced anywhere else. The only caution I will give you is, once you stay at YC/BC, you will likely not want to ever stay at any other resort.

DisneyPrincess5

We are currently looking at YC as well. My sister stays at BC and swears by the pool. She doesn't typically over hype anything, so I usually trust her word.
Don't worry! It's a beautiful resort and the pool is great. My mom and aunt stay there regularly and both adore the pool and are very hard people to please (like they'll complain about the number of buttons on a shirt they'll never wear kind of people).
Go into it with an open mind and have a great time!

**i meant to also quote @ArielLover

ArielLover

Don't worry! It's a beautiful resort and the pool is great. My mom and aunt stay there regularly and both adore the pool and are very hard people to please (like they'll complain about the number of buttons on a shirt they'll never wear kind of people).
Go into it with an open mind and have a great time!

**i meant to also quote @ArielLover
Any thoughts on the pool in December, we will be on the gulf coast the week starting Sat after thanksgiving 2016 followed by the YC the following Friday for a week. Will the pool be too cols? Will there be less people?

With the pool seeming to be one of the selling points, i want to make sure we get to use it

DisneyPrincess5

Any thoughts on the pool in December, we will be on the gulf coast the week starting Sat after thanksgiving 2016 followed by the YC the following Friday for a week. Will the pool be too cols? Will there be less people?

With the pool seeming to be one of the selling points, i want to make sure we get to use it
Errr that's a tough one for me to answer as I really only enjoy a pool when it's pretty hot outside and I can't say it will be in December. However the pool will be heated if you'd like it that way.

Someone else's thoughts who doesn't have the same stipulation as me?

ArielLover

Errr that's a tough one for me to answer as I really only enjoy a pool when it's pretty hot outside and I can't say it will be in December. However the pool will be heated if you'd like it that way.

Someone else's thoughts who doesn't have the same stipulation as me?

We are from New Hampshire so it will probably feel warmer for us anyways LOL

Innkeeper's Club

Without a doubt I find Stormalong Bay to be very overrated. Plus I never understood why they made the main pool slide entrance to be along the public walkway everyone uses when walking to Epcot and around all of Crescent Lake.

ArielLover

I'm always amazed how many ppl go to WDW and go in a pool, which you can do anywhere, when there are Disney theme parks all around!
Some of us have been to Disney many times and are now going as adults with no children. Relaxing at EPCOT or spending the day at the pool is relaxing, just like many people choose a cruise ship or a beach. We just happen to choose to relax in the Disney enviroment.

Doodlyday

YES! To me, Boardwalk is the best deluxe resort. I love the International Gateway, which to me is a huge advantage when getting in the park in the morning.

jaklgreen

I love the location with it being so close to Epcot. I have stayed at BC a couple of times and have found the staff(both times) to be snobbish and almost rude. The rooms are OK but the lack of a decent food court like most other resorts have is a severe let down.

JusticeDisney

I love the location with it being so close to Epcot. I have stayed at BC a couple of times and have found the staff(both times) to be snobbish and almost rude. The rooms are OK but the lack of a decent food court like most other resorts have is a severe let down.
What deluxe has a food court?

Innkeeper's Club

What deluxe has a food court?
Contemporary has the Contempo Café, Polynesian has Captain Cook's, Grand Floridian has Gasparilla's Grill & Games, Wilderness Lodge has Roaring Forks and the Animal Kingdom Lodge has Mara. All of those are Quick Service locations with indoor seating and what others consider to be a food court type of setting.

JusticeDisney

Contemporary has the Contempo Café, Polynesian has Captain Cook's, Grand Floridian has Gasparilla's Grill & Games, Wilderness Lodge has Roaring Forks and the Animal Kingdom Lodge has Mara. All of those are Quick Service locations with indoor seating and what others consider to be a food court type of setting.
Well, every hotel has a QS restaurant. But that's not the same thing as a food court.

Innkeeper's Club

Well, every hotel has a QS restaurant. But that's not the same thing as a food court.
I think the point being made is that the Beach Club does not have the traditional seating for the Beach Club Marketplace, since it's not a traditional QS location being shared with their main store. I have read comments from others saying they eat in the Beach Club Solarium when buying food from there, however I also read other comments that eating in the Solarium sucks because there is not a lot of tables and etc. At least with the locations I mentioned they have a lot tables so you don't have far to walk with your food and you are close to the drink machines for refills and etc.

JusticeDisney

I think the point being made is that the Beach Club does not have the traditional seating for the Beach Club Marketplace, since it's not a traditional QS location being shared with their main store. I have read comments from others saying they eat in the Beach Club Solarium when buying food from there, however I also read other comments that eating in the Solarium sucks because there is not a lot of tables and etc. At least with the locations I mentioned they have a lot tables so you don't have far to walk with your food and you are close to the drink machines for refills and etc.
I gotcha now. Makes sense.

Mickey5150

I've stayed in some high end hotels around the world and I would say every hotel in WDW is over hyped/overrated. I like the Wilderness lodge but it's not all that. Some people talk up these hotels like they are life changing experiences which if your only hotel experience is Motel 6 then yes they are very nice hotels.

That said Yacht club doesn't do anything for me theme wise but I live in a wealthy community in the Deep South on the ocean. LOL. I like to go hit a downtown in some big city for a change. Theme is all relative. I don't think service is all that great at the Disney hotels but I'm use to full on hotels who deal with customers who expect more. Not that Disney has bad service it's just not as high end as other places. Hard to explain.
Although I might agree with some extent with some of the hotels, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is truly unique outside of a resort actually in Africa.

jaklgreen

Yes, this! Plus the food at the Beach Club is very limited because there is no actual kitchen. Just anything that they can make in those convection ovens. It was definitely an after thought and they just threw it in the back of the gift shop. Before that you had to walk all the way to beaches and cream to get your morning coffee.

phrog

We stayed at the yacht club for star wars weekend in June. I really liked the lazy river part, because the fiancé is not a swimmer, it allowed us to swim together since he was in a tube. I did not like how far it was from the room or trying to get to the hot tub part or the bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom