Memory Maker - Multiple Trips

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
Can Memory Maker be used to collect photo's from more than one trip if they are relatively close by?

I have a few trips coming up this fall / early winter.

Oct 23rd
Nov 28th
Dec 12th

Would the Nov 28th & Dec 12th trips be close enough I only need to buy MM+ once?

I wouldn't go in to download until after the Dec 12th trip is completed.

Thoughts? I think the Oct / Nov split is too far.

HolleBolleGijs

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/memory-maker/usage-window/
30 days from when you download your first photo? I think that's what this is saying:
You can begin capturing photos as soon as you purchase Memory Maker. Once you download the first photo—or otherwise redeem your Memory Maker purchase—you then have 30 days to capture more photos

So if I understand correctly, you could use it for all three, you would just have to download any photos from the first trip before they expire (45 days). You just don't want to download them right away, because that will trigger the 30 days, and then you won't even be able to use it for the second trip.

Betsyboo

30 days from when you download your first photo? I think that's what this is saying:

So if I understand correctly, you could use it for all three, you would just have to download any photos from the first trip before they expire (45 days). You just don't want to download them right away, because that will trigger the 30 days, and then you won't even be able to use it for the second trip.
I think the key words there are "otherwise redeem" which would be activating the Memory Maker by having your band scanned to add pictures. That's my understanding.

HolleBolleGijs

I think the key words there are "otherwise redeem" which would be activating the Memory Maker by having your band scanned to add pictures. That's my understanding.

I thought that meant something else like order a physical photo? Because you can't download a photo without "activating" MM.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Only good for 30 days from your first photo taken. So no it will not work for all 3. It can work for your last 2 visits but the Oct will not work as its over 30 days before your second visit. Call and ask if you want a definite answer. I have never heard of anyone being able to use it for 3 trips on 1.5+ months. :)

FrostyNaples

Original Poster

Called Disney to confirm.

It will work for all three trips.

Set aside Memory Maker for a moment. Any time you have photo pass pictures taken and linked to your MDE, those pictures are there, you can pay to download them if you want. They will be there for 45 Days.

Now insert Memory Maker - Which by feature is only a conduit for you to download digital photo's for free instead of Pay Per Picture downloaded.

All that being the case. If we purchase memory maker, the package allows you to download any photo's linked to your MDE account for a period of 30 days after first download has taken place.

So this is how we do it. We simple opt to not download the photo's until November 16th. Since its not 45 days later, the Oct 23rd photos will still be in our MDE account.

Now 30 days from Nov 16th is Dec 16th. We can download photo's using the memory maker free digital downloads feature during that window.

In that window encompasses all three trips worth of photo's. :D The not yet expired Oct photos, plus the Nov/Dec photos.

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
Only good for 30 days from your first photo taken. So no it will not work for all 3. It can work for your last 2 visits but the Oct will not work as its over 30 days before your second visit. Call and ask if you want a definite answer. I have never heard of anyone being able to use it for 3 trips on 1.5+ months. :)

No, not 30 days from first photo taken, 30 days from first DOWNLOAD

See Here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/memory-maker/

sxeensweet

No, not 30 days from first photo taken, 30 days from first DOWNLOAD

See Here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/memory-maker/
Yes I am aware of that , but I would not take the chance personally except for the last 2 trips that I know for sure would be good to go regardless of what a CM says. It may work of course but I just prob would not do it. Too much worrying of when I wait to download the first photo etc before the 45 days from the first trip to make sure I still have 30 days left for the second 2 trips. Too much to keep track off. Lol :)

dreamfinder

Sounds like you got your answer, but yes. It should work. Pictures remain in your Photopass account for 45 days after being taken. MM allows for 30 days of downloads. Since your first trip is Oct 23, (day 296) and Dec 12 is the start of your last trip (day 346), you are well within the 75 day max. (346-296 = 50) With the first picture being taken Oct 23, they will expire Dec 7th, so you would need to start downloading Dec 6th to be on the safe side. The last day you would then do any downloads would be Jan 5th or so. I've been told that the pictures expire 45 days to the minute, not end of business. So if they were taken at 12:45, they then expire at 12:45 45 days from now. The Photopass website shows you when the pictures will expire. Simply make sure not to wait til the absolute last day and you should be good to go. I'd leave a day or two of cushion just in case the website is having issues. They can extend the expiration dates, but why go through the stress?

HolleBolleGijs

Yes I am aware of that , but I would not take the chance personally except for the last 2 trips that I know for sure would be good to go regardless of what a CM says. It may work of course but I just prob would not do it. :)

I mean that's what the FAQ that I posted says, too. Plus, since like @FrostyNaples said, MM is just a way to download photos, not a vehicle for having access to them online, so it makes sense.

sxeensweet

I mean that's what the FAQ that I posted says, too. Plus, since like @FrostyNaples said, MM is just a way to download photos, not a vehicle for having access to them online, so it makes sense.
Yes totally understood that not questioning you at all, and was just saying I would not want to go through the trouble and be worried if I don't do it just right I would lose some pictures. I just always interpreted it different but did know what it said because I have used it myself before. That's all. If the OP is okay with making sure they download at the right times and such then hey go for it. :)

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
I will give this a shot for 'science' lol :D

Not stressed, or worried about missing photo's. We've been lucky starting last year to make as many trips during our annual pass as we can, so i'm ok if things aren't 100% every time :geek:

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
FYI - i successfully captured all 3 trips using the memory maker since they were so close together.

After out October trip, i did not download any photo's until 11/14, which then started the 30 day window of free downloads, and encompassed the two remaining trips.

:D:D:D

Disney Dad 3000

So first time Memory Maker user here and unfortunately we have the old annual passes where we still have to pay for the MM. Trying to entirely wrap my head around this. So we have photos from Jan 14-18. The 14th are going to expire today. So from what I understand, we have to order/pay for the MM by today and those photos from the 14th of Jan would still be available for download another 30 days from today and so on?
My other question is I was allowed to download some photos from the photopass to my computer and have not paid for MM and none of them have the watermark? Is this a temporary think and that watermark is all of a sudden going to pop back up?

WillCAD

So first time Memory Maker user here and unfortunately we have the old annual passes where we still have to pay for the MM. Trying to entirely wrap my head around this. So we have photos from Jan 14-18. The 14th are going to expire today. So from what I understand, we have to order/pay for the MM by today and those photos from the 14th of Jan would still be available for download another 30 days from today and so on?

My other question is I was allowed to download some photos from the photopass to my computer and have not paid for MM and none of them have the watermark? Is this a temporary think and that watermark is all of a sudden going to pop back up?

You've got several different issues going here and you're a little confused.

1) PhotoPass photos expire 45 days after they are snapped, unless you pay $20 for a one-time 15-day extension. Memory Maker does not change the expiration date, it only allows you to download your photos. The only way to keep your Jan 14 photos from expiring is to buy the extension; then every photo that is in your account at the time the extension is applied to the account will expire 60 days after they were snapped instead of 45.

2) Memory Maker has a 30-day unlimited download window that starts when you download your first photo. The download window does not affect the expiration date of photos; some photos might expire before the window ends, or the download window might end before all of your photos expire. They're not tied together at all. When you begin downloading photos with a Memory Maker entitlement, you can download any photos in your account an unlimited number of times for 30 days. You can download them one at a time, in bunches, or all at once, over and over, unlimited, until the 30 day window ends. NOTE: If you download more than one photo at a time, they will come in ZIP archive files, which you must unzip to get your photos out of them.

3) When you say you "downloaded" some photos to your computer without Memory Maker, do you mean that you paid for the downloads at $15 each? Or did you simply right-click on some photos and save them?

If you paid the $15 to download a photo, it is full-size and you have complete rights to it, same as a photo downloaded via Memory Maker; it's a plain JPG photos, same as you'd get from your own digital camera, and doesn't have any copy protection built into it.

If you right-clicked on a photo and saved it to your computer, or did a screen capture, or used some other means to get your photos without paying for them, then you don't have the full-size version, all you have is a low-res thumbnail. You're also stealing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom