Disney Springs tenant watch

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo update as of Sunday, Apr 12. In the building space reported to be Erwin Pearl, covered windows have appeared in place of the plywood covers. No signs have appeared yet. This is the corner store next to Apex Sunglasses, across from Paradiso 37, overlooking the courtyard in front of The Hangar.

View attachment 89686

Is there anything going on with the last space in that section next to Sound Lion? I am assuming one of the other two new stores will be going there.

WDWtraveler

Is there anything going on with the last space in that section next to Sound Lion? I am assuming one of the other two new stores will be going there.

As of this morning, nothing is visibly changed with the exterior of the last space in that building (next to Sound Lion). But things change quickly at Disney Springs.

Jon81uk

There was a permit filed today for DTD where the owner is Coca-Cola Properties, LLC. It's location B32, which I don't have on my map.

Oooh, we loved the Coca Cola store in Vegas. I'm hoping for something on a similar scale. It's unique enough to be a destination like M&Ms world.

djkidkaz

Wasn't there a rumor recently about Club Cool closing? If they opened up something similar to Club Cool at DTD and then removed it from Epcot that would leave a ton of empty space in Future World. You'd have Innoventions completely empty and then in the building right across all that would be left is Starbucks and Character Spot. Starbucks would most likely have to stay but Character Spot could easily be relocated. Just a thought...

cspencer96

A scaled down version of the World of Coca-Cola would be incredible. If they took the tasting elements, threw in a bit of the museum portion and the retail store, I think it would be very successful. That being said, Coca-Cola almost never disappoints from a marketing or brand-presence standpoint - they are very good at doing what they do. So whatever it is, its sure to be nicely done.

bhg469

A scaled down version of the World of Coca-Cola would be incredible. If they took the tasting elements, threw in a bit of the museum portion and the retail store, I think it would be very successful. That being said, Coca-Cola almost never disappoints from a marketing or brand-presence standpoint - they are very good at doing what they do. So whatever it is, its sure to be nicely done.
I don't even like coke but I agree.

PS the mad men finale was brilliant!

MuteSuperstar

Just armchair imagineering, but I think an Amoeba Record store would be a great addition. I know the MegaStore bit the dust, and I still miss it....it certainly never seemed to want for customers. A touristy area like this is one of the few places a record store could still do really well, I would think.

bhg469

Just armchair imagineering, but I think an Amoeba Record store would be a great addition. I know the MegaStore bit the dust, and I still miss it....it certainly never seemed to want for customers. A touristy area like this is one of the few places a record store could still do really well, I would think.
Is that a play in the actual amoebas that will devour your brain in bay lake?

dstrawn9889

Wanna know why the Virgin megastore died?

vinyl is dead, magnetic tape is dead, CD's/DVD's? on the way out.
digital downloads put that Whole giant volume of that building inside of an ATM.

Donald Razorduck

Wanna know why the Virgin megastore died?

vinyl is dead, magnetic tape is dead, CD's/DVD's? on the way out.
digital downloads put that Whole giant volume of that building inside of an ATM.

Vinyl is not dead. Hell, Walmart has put it back in some stores. It's a niche market but one that's grown slowly over time. Many artists are issuing remastered classic albums on the black circle.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/music-d...-surge-1420092579?cb=logged0.5412101105321199

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom