misting fans

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I know that it's hot in June, but since we've never been to FL before I have no idea how hot it is. We live in NC and our relatives are from hawaii. There will be 8 of us total 3 adults and 5 kids ages of 14,11,9, 5, and 2. Would it be hot enough that we will need misting fans or really want misting fans?

JasonDeyoung

I live an hour away from Orlando and come summer time it's really hot. June, we're talking high 90's very humid and a high heat index. Summer times here also bring summer showers so prepare for rain showers every afternoon normally around 2pm ish. Make sure you drink a lot of water and stay hydrated. That's probably the biggest thing people don't do when they come over summer. Stay hydrated and take breaks. Biggest suggestions to handle the summer weather. Have a great time! :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have found the misting fans to be more trouble than their worth. The wife would swear by cooling towels when she delivered mail, on foot in the Florida summer and often brings one to the parks during the summer. I prefer to just travel light and grin and bear it.

If you do get misting fans, buy them before you come to the parks. You can get much better quality ones online or at Wal-Mart for a fraction of the cost.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have found the misting fans to be more trouble than their worth. The wife would swear by cooling towels when she delivered mail, on foot in the Florida summer and often brings one to the parks during the summer. I prefer to just travel light and grin and bear it.

If you do get misting fans, buy them before you come to the parks. You can get much better quality ones online or at Wal-Mart for a fraction of the cost.
^^^^^^ THIS frog Togs or the one be mission work well for my dh. I'm strange I love the weather in Disney in June!

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
thanks you guys, i know that they sell misting fans here and we don't usually need it. I know that I would be fine with the heat, but its mostly my little ones and husband that I'm worried about. I found a couple of mist fans near by for around 10 each, but I'm hoping to find ones a little cheaper than that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
thanks you guys, i know that they sell misting fans here and we don't usually need it. I know that I would be fine with the heat, but its mostly my little ones and husband that I'm worried about. I found a couple of mist fans near by for around 10 each, but I'm hoping to find ones a little cheaper than that.
Walmart or Target

JasonDeyoung

Not sure what weather you're looking at online but being that I live here and it in fact is high 90's pretty often over the summer is very common. Add humidity and heat index the "feels like" is well over 100 often during summer months

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Not sure what weather you're looking at online but being that I live here and it in fact is high 90's pretty often over the summer is very common.
I'm sorry, you're just statistically incorrect. I lived there for three years so I'm not just pulling this from "online somewhere," but the actual data shows I'm right.

June 2014
80s - 10 days
Low 90s (90 - 92) - 8 days
Mid 90s (93 - 96) - 10 days
High 90s (97+) - 2 days

In June 2013, it didn't get over 93 even a single time. That's ZERO days in the "high 90s." But you're totally right.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

JasonDeyoung

I'm sorry, you're just statistically incorrect. I lived there for three years so I'm not just pulling this from "online somewhere," but the actual data shows I'm right.

June 2014
80s - 10 days
Low 90s (90 - 92) - 8 days
Mid 90s (93 - 96) - 10 days
High 90s (97+) - 2 days

In June 2013, it didn't get over 93 even a single time. That's ZERO days in the "high 90s." But you're totally right.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=
And online stats are always right especially in Florida lol. I've been here 10 years and summers are always extremely hot. Besides the stats you have show about half the month of June in the mid and upper 90's which are more than the rare you mentioned

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
And online stats are always right especially in Florida lol. I've been here 10 years and summers are always extremely hot. Besides the stats you have show about half the month of June in the mid and upper 90's which are more than the rare you mentioned
These aren't "online stats," they're from a government weather station.

Doesn't matter. Don't care.

JasonDeyoung

These aren't "online stats," they're from a government weather station.

Doesn't matter. Don't care.
Right lol Which is why you went online to recover "stats" to try to prove you're correct for some reason. A lot of those are incorrect. I'm a pilot and the weather sites such as weather underground are about as unreliable as it comes.

JasonDeyoung

Point is @yang it's hot so prepare for it. Be it "low 90's" or "high 90's" it's going to feel very hot and humid. Keep very hydrated and take adv of shade and the pools. Never was fond of the misting fans. Just keep drinking plenty of water :) have a great time

Last edited:

SAV

Our family love our Misting fans and wouldn't go without them. If anything, buy one and make your own judgement on it.

Nemo14

We always found the little pocket fans to be much more helpful than the misting fans. You can usually find them in the dollar stores for pretty cheap.

edit: Dollar Tree shows these for $1.00 each
thumb.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom