Trip Report COMPLETED: Not even first world problems can hold us back: Live Trip Report

Very brief pre trip report can be seen here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...est-but-settling-for-wild-africa-trek.898851/

We left Tifton around 4:20am only stopping once along the way for some spicy chicken biscuits. We arrived inside the bubble by 8:00 and headed straight for WL! We arrived at the lodge and dropped off some luggage for bell services:
20150502_082207.jpg

I parked the car and we made our way for check-in. Being that it was barely 8:30, we just wanted to make sure we got a text telling us our room was ready. After about 6ish minutes with a wonderful CM, Sarita, she told us they would text us when our room was ready and asked to confirm our number and email. In the time it took us to say hi and confirm our contact info our room became available!! She arranged for bell service to bring the luggage up and we went up to check out the room. Let's do this!
20150502_082710.jpg

Love the detail in the elevator:
20150502_124226.jpg

We had a standard view room and if you didn't look down, we had a pretty great view:
20150502_084037.jpg

Once we were done with the room we made our way to the boat to take on MK for a bit:
20150502_090605.jpg

First thing we had to do is visit guest services to purchase our APs and TiW card. Seems like many folks were having issues with bands/passes because the line for GS was pretty long. After about 15 minutes in line and another 15 minutes with an exceptional CM, we were armed with linked APs and a TiW card. We quickly made some FP+ pics for BTM, SM, and Buzz.
d43ff2c2c3f727596eb03cf049b4d822.jpg

The DW says it feels like a 6 for the crowds, I was thinking 7.5:
20150502_094019.jpg

Of the way to BTM we couldn't pass up a 5 minute wait for pirates:
20150502_095629.jpg

Hit up HM on our way to SM via FL:
20150502_103948.jpg

a92e19a02203c0b61afd5324d70b40ba.jpg

We're still shaking off the ride photo rust here but don't worry, we'll step up our game:
3cdec47bdbc0500d9992c927c111cde2.jpg

Lunch time, Pecos Bill is what it is but had to try the new waffle fries, these are the BLT ones:
20150502_114904.jpg

Disney says $8, but they really should be priced around $5. They tasted pretty good but we wouldn't do them again due to the cost : portion ratio.

All filled up we decided to head back to the lodge for some pool time and rest before we hit up AK and then our ADRs at The Wave. Enjoyed these by the pool:
20150502_130827.jpg

Island moonshine on the right on the right
Captains mai tai on the left.
Both were ok.

We're headed to AK now the dinner at The Wave followed by MK til 2am for dessert...

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
True story, almost exactly one year ago today we ate at Teppan Edo and had a chef named Naoki. We remember him because he chatted us up when he learned we were from Georgia. He mentioned he was stationed at Fort Benning and knew of a local camp near us. Well the DW and I just so happened to be talking before dinner how neat it would be if he cooked for us again. Well, a little Disney magic and bam

Naoki!
We confirmed it was the same cook from before and the DW and I were surprised that he still cooked here. We thought it was pretty neat... anyway on with dinner:

DW went with veggie noodles and tempora app, fyi I almost lost a hand asking the DW to wait while I take a picture, trip reporting is dangerous work

I had steak and chicken while DD had chicken

Dinner is what you would expect. Good with no surprises. We do TE because it's become a tradition for us.

After dinner we caught the last 10 minutes of Illuminations on our way to the monorail to catch Wishes, which we did with minutes to spare.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom