Jurassic World

erasure fan1

I know but think about it Isle Nublar was abandoned in the end of the first film making it impossible to refix that.
From everything I have read and seen, they are just continuing the story. I think if they were going for alternate universe, they wouldn't have set it up
jurassic world said:
Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park (1993), Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond.

Colin Trevorrow said:
When Derek [Connolly] and I sat down to find the movie, we looked at the past two decades and talked about what we’ve seen. … What if, despite previous disasters, they built a new biological preserve where you could see dinosaurs walk the earth…
I guess I see alternate universe as them changing what happened in the first movies to do what they want with the new movie. But that doesn't seem to be the case. They reference Hammonds failed attempts and how the Masroni bought the island and was able to complete what Ingen and Hammond could not. They had 12 years to fix the island, even Disney doesn't move that slow.

erasure fan1

OK now this is an awesome trailer. It really makes my crazy excited for the movie. The mosasaurus looks fantastic and indominus rex is as cool as you thought it would be from the first couple looks. I don't expect it to be better than the first but it sure seems like it will be light years ahead of 2 and 3.

Jahona

Original Poster
Trailer definitely has me hooked. It's interesting that you see a raptor attack a guy towards the end of the trailer. Not as well trained as Starlord may think.

Also... I enjoyed 2 =(

Allym146

I was giddy watching that trailer!!! My H is all mad that it genetically modified Dino's now, but I don't caaaare! I'm anxiously awaiting this movie. Haters to the left.

erasure fan1

I was giddy watching that trailer!!! My H is all mad that it genetically modified Dino's now, but I don't caaaare! I'm anxiously awaiting this movie. Haters to the left.
That had me EXTREMELY nervous as well. The first thing that went though my mind was how lame it would be and that they would have some humanoid squid looking dragon thing that would just feel out of place. But after reading what the director said about it:
Colin Trevorrow said:
I know the idea of a modified dinosaur put a lot of fans on red alert, and I understand it. But we aren’t doing anything here that Crichton didn’t suggest in his novels. This animal is not a mutant freak. It doesn’t have a snake’s head or octopus tentacles. It’s a dinosaur, created in the same way the others were, but now the genetics have gone to the next level. For me, it’s a natural evolution of the technology introduced in the first film. Maybe it sounds crazy, but most of my favorite movies sound crazy when you describe them in a single sentence.
And after seeing it in the trailer, I think it looks very well done.

RobUK

Trailer looks awesome. It really does look like a place we'd all like to go to visit and if the story holds up well this could be almost up there with the (near perfect) original.

Cannot wait! I think I'm going to dress up as a dinosaur when I see it.

I won't really.

Allym146

Saw it tonight, I really enjoyed it. Loved the homage paid to Jurassic Park and Jake Johnson cracked me up with every line! Anyone see it in 3D IMAX? It was sold out by me but I'd like to go next week and see it there. Would you say it's worth it?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
9/10 from me. I went in cautiously optimistic (I didn't like Lost World at all, and I skipped 3 in the theaters and only recently saw it a year or so ago...and...it was ok...).

It was a fun movie that felt like the TRUE sequel the original deserved.

R W B

It was excellent! I enjoyed every minute of it, definitely a must see. I saw it is Real 3D, and it was grewat. I choose not to see it in IMAX because that tends to give me headaches.

Idk about anyone else but if this theme park is ever built, sign me up lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom