Express Monorail running on modified weekday schedule for Spring and Summer 2015

lnsemsf

Original Poster
Starting March 10 continuing to "Summer 2015," The Walt Disney World® Resort Monorail System will undergo refurbishment that will impact the Express monorail beam, which runs between the Ticket & Transportation Center and the Magic Kingdom. Express beam shutdowns will occur between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The Resort beam will continue to run during downtimes. Guests arriving at the Ticket & Transportation Center during downtimes will be directed to the ferry boats.

hokielutz

So why is this? To reduce operating costs of the Monorail? Are they seeing very few passengers, so they are cutting the number of trains running during the daytime?

BrianV

For the life of me, I have no idea when any of the monorails run these days. We'll be there the 27-30 of March. This sounds like it is only on Tuesday and Wednesday, if I'm reading correctly. But there was also the back and for the between the poly and MK at some point.

I'm glad they are doing maintenance. I'd prefer the be consistent about it though.

Figment2005

This is why SIMULATORS exist - Or if WDW was not so D----ed cheap the automation testing could happen after park close.
They have been running testing after hours on the Epcot, resort, and express beams for the last 6 months. However, just like when they were running the conduit, after hours testing only goes so far. They need to have a guaranteed amount of time to test or the testing would take even longer.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They have been running testing after hours on the Epcot, resort, and express beams for the last 6 months. However, just like when they were running the conduit, after hours testing only goes so far. They need to have a guaranteed amount of time to test or the testing would take even longer.

I supervise systems testing so I'm very familiar with testing technical systems, It sounds like Disney has not allocated sufficient resources to the project and/or not using proper tools and methodology to ensure success in testing. You ordinarily instrument the h--- out of the system under test so all data points are logged on a continious basis so if a fault condition arises you have data on all systems.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Could those people at least use the correct term, "footings"? That'd help me out a lot. :)

You are new here 'footers' has a SPECIAL meaning around here and that's why it's used on this board, And yes you are correct footings is the correct usage and term.

If you mention 'footers' three times the professor will appear :D just like Beetlejuice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom