Ducktales is returning!

camman007

Original Poster
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015...es-series-set-to-launch-in-2017-on-disney-xd/

Life is still like a hurricane over in Duckburg: Disney DIS -0.31% has announced that an all-new version of the classic animated comedy series, “DuckTales” (woo-ooh!), has been ordered for launch in 2017 on Disney XD channels around the world. The original “DuckTales” (woo-ooh!), which was produced from 1987-1990, followed the adventures of the literally-swimming-in-cash tycoon Scrooge McDuck, his mischievous grandnephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Donald Duck. A feature film, “DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp,” was released in 1990.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Cool beans.

With this and Miles from Tomorrowland, DisneyXD is on it's way to making up for the Disney Channels carp programming.

matt78

I hope they keep the theme song. I also hope we get cameos from Darkwing Duck since they exist in the same universe. I wonder if Gizmoduck, Doofus, Bubba and Tootsie appear too. They weren't listed in the article I read.

I hope they keep the theme song. I also hope we get cameos from Darkwing Duck since they exist in the same universe. I wonder if Gizmoduck, Doofus, Bubba and Tootsie appear too. They weren't listed in the article I read.

I hope it's the same theme song too. Still know it by heart :)

Magenta Panther

Awesome! I wonder what the animation will look like? The new Mickey Shorts have a retro/modern mix. Wonder if this will too.

Wouldn't it be cool if Darkwing Duck made an appearance?

erasure fan1

Awesome! I wonder what the animation will look like? The new Mickey Shorts have a retro/modern mix. Wonder if this will too.

Wouldn't it be cool if Darkwing Duck made an appearance?
If I had to put money down on it, I would have to say it will be CG. I would personally prefer traditional animation for this.

SosoDude

I was so glad to hear this. I read a couple articles about this, and I found it funny that they all say that the original show followed Uncle Scroog, the nephews, and Donald Duck. Donald was never really in the original series. Seems like he had joined the Navy and thats why Scrooge had to watch the nephews. I know that the Carl Barks stories always had Donald, so maybe this will follow more closely to his stories. Cant wait.

P.S. If you have a Wii U game system, check out the Ducktales Remastered game. It is a remastered version of the old NES game with modern graphics/animation. It also has the original voice cast doing the voice over dialog, and unlockable Ducktales original series art.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Cool beans.

With this and Miles from Tomorrowland, DisneyXD is on it's way to making up for the Disney Channels carp programming.

Miles is actually Disney Jr. Disney XD IS killing it as of late. Gravity Falls, Star Wars Rebels, Wander Over Yonder, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, and now this! It's like some diabolical plot to suck away all my free time...

camman007

Original Poster
I'm curious as to what all voice actors (if any) will be returning from the original.

I know Along Young is getting up there (95). I'm not sure if I can picture a different voice for Uncle Scrooge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom