Meg Crofton Retiring in 2015

wdwfan4ver

Meg shouldn't have been the person in of WDW, but I can't blame everything that happened under her reign on her. I am saying that because the budget cut on Space Mountain refurbishment actually was caused by Phil Holmes, not Meg based on what I read on this forum in the past. The reason for the Trim brakes for Space Mountain was caused by that refurbishment not being done properly.

Mike S

Meg shouldn't have been the person in of WDW, but I can't blame everything that happened under her reign on her. I am saying that because the budget cut on Space Mountain refurbishment actually was caused by Phil Holmes, not Meg based on what I read on this forum in the past. The reason for the Trim brakes for Space Mountain was caused by that refurbishment not being done properly.

asianway

And Phil reports up to Meg. But I always thought WDI would set the budget for a major refurb like Space

asianway

Spoken like a child.

Her career includes Vista United Telecommunications, manager of the Disney Inn, HR manager, HR vice president, and then to President of WDW, followed by her current role.

But yeah...30 years of terror sounds more exciting.

I'm guessing this is where you hit the ignore button.
She is a case study in failing upward. But please I'd rather you ignore

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
For fun, I went to an employer rating/feedback site recently (GlassDoor). I focused my search to WDI and I think I have a favorite former Imagineer's feedback below:

“Once a Truly Great Place to Spend an Entire Career, Often Afflicted by Backstabbing Cronyism ”

Former Employee - Vice President in Glendale, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Imagineering full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Immense, City-scale greenfield international projects. Brlliant creative opportunities abound for making the world a better place, and most significantly, creating unequalled shareholder value. Historically very generous benefits. Training is by on the job immersion, sometimes through ad-hoc mentoring by veterans. Still kindles a spark of the original can-do organization founded by Walt.

Cons

Work-Life balance favors Imagineering's projects and the bloated portfolio leadership. If not among the "chosen" expect long hours of uncompensated extra work hours, an unrealistic workload and an over-burdened but indecisive project delivery framework. Limited opportunity for advancement or recognition unless an annointed Insider. Chronic fear of failure drives committee formatted re-thinking that eventually dilutes the product while inflating costs, and thus constrains shareholder value. Performance review process is murky and arbitrary, essentailly a black hole. Compensation, Incentives (Bonus rewards) and Promitions favor friends and off hour social cronies. Toxic office culture embraces political favoritism and not best practices, squadering tens of millions in shareholder value.

Advice to Management

Advice to current management at WDI: Take your early retirements and cash in your stock. The TWDC must then turn the company over to a genuinely open-minded, highly qualified innovator with a verifiable executive leadership history, having produced unrivalled shreholder value in a major Fortune 500 company. This leader must come from outside Imagineering, insiders are incapable of rehabilitation. Imagineering has a long and difficult history in the leadership suites, with only the brilliant and generous leadership of Marty Sklar as the exception.

Sounds like a letter I am familiar with.

The link to this area of Glassdoor is: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Walt-Disney-Imagineering-Reviews-E139084.htm

I wonder what Meg's will say?

*1023*

ASIDE: The origin of that post is unknown/anonymous and I am merely speculating.

BrerJon

I have never understood the hate towards her. But I wish her well

She was in charge of WDW during its decline in the 2000s and cheerled it, a woman with no concept of the history of the park, and the embodiment of the 'yes-man' attitude amongst Disney managers that gets them promoted by not rocking the boat, kissing up, and above all not doing anything above and beyond what Wall Street expects. I can only imagine what great attractions and park concepts we would have had without her.

She will not be missed by me.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

She was in charge of WDW during its decline in the 2000s and cheerled it, a woman with no concept of the history of the park, and they embodiment of the 'yes-man' attitude amongst Disney managers that gets them promoted by not rocking the boat, kissing up, and above all not doing anything above and beyond what Wall Street expects. I can only imagine what great attractions and park concepts we would have had without her.

This. and that trend will just continue sadly.

draybook

Meg Crofton, former Walt Disney Workd president and current president of Operations for parks & resorts in the U.S. and France has just announced her retirement in 2015.

crazycutegirl_zps1uwku1kd.gif

-GIF-clapping-Jonathan-Frakes-Star-Trek-GIF_zpspfj2rlhm.gif

GIF-Funny-Dog_zps2lwx92nt.gif

giphy%2033_zpsawlu7cr2.gif

happy-dance_zpspby8phgn.gif

jonah-hill-excited_zpszl5a9ev9.gif

I have plenty more but I'm saving those for Bob's announcement!

disney4life2008

She was in charge of WDW during its decline in the 2000s and cheerled it, a woman with no concept of the history of the park, and they embodiment of the 'yes-man' attitude amongst Disney managers that gets them promoted by not rocking the boat, kissing up, and above all not doing anything above and beyond what Wall Street expects. I can only imagine what great attractions and park concepts we would have had without her.

Interesting - sounds like she has been no good.

wdrive

I have to say I'm thrilled she is going, although I doubt her replacement will be much different.

I struggle to see what positive aspects she gave to the guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom