Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow to permanently close Nov 6

JWG

I would hope (or imagine they'll have to) that Disney would soon release a statement about the plans for DHS. Not necessariy the specifics,
The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow blocks access to the Backlot Tour area. This helps open up a huge area that will in all likelihood be Pixar based (just based on rumors). It can create a loop that goes around the backside of TSMM, really expanding the land.
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.356001&lon=-81.561121&z=18&m=b

That makes sense as clearly you have to have access back to what will ultimately be additional show / land area. But, given there's 2 years of construction to do back there - it sure feels early to close this when the place is dying for capacity. If LMA goes down in early 2015 the place may as well just close.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

MarkTwain

Do you know what the buildings labeled "Studio Bungalows" are used for?

I'm going to take a wild guess and speculate that they that hold operations or other lower-scale management staff, or possibly a break room. All of the other parks use similar trailer-type buildings to house at least some of those kind of backstage facilities. Even if they were used for the actual studio back in the day, Disney's pretty quick to find ways to repurpose vacant areas for backstage use.

Last edited:

MarkTwain

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow blocks access to the Backlot Tour area. This helps open up a huge area that will in all likelihood be Pixar based (just based on rumors). It can create a loop that goes around the backside of TSMM, really expanding the land.
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.356001&lon=-81.561121&z=18&m=b

The one problem with that would be the costuming building. Isn't that still actively used for cast costuming? That's a pretty large facility to relocate.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The one problem with that would be the costuming building. Isn't that still actively used for cast costuming? That's a pretty large facility to relocate.

Yeah, but now that the tour doesn't go through it, it could be relocated if necessary. I don't think there is much in there that couldn't be easily relocated.

38053WDW

Hoping for something from a Disney property overseas instead of just bringing CarsLand from West coast to East. Also, I know all rides are themed but to compete with more then the children crowd they need to add some new high speed coasters or a 4D ride .. I thought Transformers 4D (when not broken down) was an amazing ride. This is my 2 cents on either Avitarland or Starwars land

MrPromey

One would have to think that with so much being closed so quickly and with work we are all pretty confident is already taking place with TSMWM that plans are underway for something major to take place all at once, here. I just hope it ends up being something more than a Toy Story land like in Hong Kong which is mostly Disney-themed carnival rides. They've needed family attractions capable of holding the attention of young children for a long time in this park but I really hope it isn't Hollywood Studios' expanded version of Chester and Hester. (fingers crossed)

doctornick

I'm really curious as to why it was closed. It could have been to save operating costs, but that would have been relatively minimal, I expect. So, the more likely reason is that they want to repurpose the space and do so in the near future, so I'm curious what happens with it. I'm hoping that the space will simply be a queue and a new attraction will be located behind (to the west) of the Jack Sparrow space.

Bairstow

I'm really glad this dud is gone, but I hope they find something constructive to do with the nifty heaps of pirate props they had in the main room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom