Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh, on another matter, I took your advice this morning and went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found the Tervis 24 oz. covers for their mugs. I can't wait to try one of these out tomorrow; I'll let you know if they keep the coffee hotter for longer. I'm sure they will. :)

Yay! Thinking you'll like it. My DD uses them outside too 'cause no little flying or crawling critters get into beverages.

(My DS gave me a wine glass one a couple of years ago! I take it out into the gazebo)

Gabe1

OK, so (as @Cesar R M would say ;)) in other news...
It was announced, yesterday at the firm, that one of the partners will be stepping down and leaving on Nov. 1st. He just cannot take the stress anymore. Very sad, 'cause we all love this guy. But, as we all also know, life's too short and family comes first, so we all definitely understand. He will be going on a church mission to Haiti for a coupla' months, or so, and then coming back to his own practice, only doing about 2-3 houses a year. He will not be hiring anybody. He will also not be taking any clients with him. That slack will have to be taken up. They need another partner.

It was kindly offered to me and we discussed, but, I also needed to discuss it all with my DWifey first, of course. Upon discussing with the partners and DWifey, I decided to, respectfully, decline. As I said, it was kindly offered to me. I am WAY more valuable to the firm (and, I've always known this) just doin' the thing I do best...crankin' out design like an, as one partner puts it, "Animal!"

During busy times over the last 22 years, they've hired other designers that have never worked out. They have always turned out to be not as advertised, were constantly butting heads with the partners over some sort of "creative differences", etc. So, to the partners, I am comfort and stability.
Plus, they already reward me quite nicely, with none of the major, mind-numbing, responsibility that can come with a partnership. :happy:

And, we go on... ;) :)

Awe, that has to make you feel appreciated and respected. Nothing like messing up last weeks half day Friday to help ya decide you don't need the stress either though.

My Sis is a partner in the law firm she works at. She had her own law firm and was absorbed by theirs and automatically a partner. Original Owner and partner is phasing himself out and more is falling on my sister like reviews of staff, salary increases, bonuses etc. Ultimately the firm will be hers as she and the other partner eventually land on a fair buyout price. The petty stuff will drive her nuts.

StarWarsGirl

Forgot to mention - the weatherman said the F-word live on the 6:00 news tonight.

F-lurries.
Yes, somehow you all in Canada have sent down a weather pattern which will cause some frost this week.

Thank you very much!

Big-Bang-Theory-Leonards-sarcasm-sign.png

Gabe1

Shopping after 10:00 PM is an interesting phenomenon to me. I'm always asleep well before that. At the opposite end of this shopping spectrum, I wouldn't mind getting groceries around 5 AM, because there wouldn't be much of a queue. However, stores in my area don't open until 7 AM. It's frustrating. :grumpy:

At least you have a grocery store. Ours closed about 30 years ago. :(

Gabe1

My son better decide on a costume soon or it's going to be slim pickings at Party City.

DS sent me a picture tonight of Him & GF before they went to a Halloween Party, outdoors. Must be nice to celebrate Halloween outside.

My DS was original, he went as Santa Mickey, complete with Mickey feet. GF as Minnie in the shortest, tightest red dress I've seen Minnie in, complete with black Uggs. :cyclops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom