PHOTOS - New Wandering Oakens Trading Post and Frozen Snowground opens on Streets of America

Bairstow

What's with the nautical decor?
Was this project so rushed that they only had time to raid the janitor's closet at Typhoon Lagoon?

oaken.png

ToTBellHop

I hate overly intrusive meet and greets. I hate being forced to meet a character when going to the park.
You should probably avoid MK. And Epcot. And DHS. And DAK. And DCA. And DL. Don't even think of stepping into an Asian park. They love those fur balls. Phantom Manor in DLP should be your go-to.

Beholder

I actually like this. It would be kind of neat if they actually had small boutique shops selling merch based off of some of the other Disney movies. Some of the older, less represented films, some of the television shows. DVD/blu ray, plush toys, maybe clothing or small collectibles? The Oaken's Trading post has me thinking about other things they could do.

mm121

This just seems really out of place to the theme of DHS, i know DHS needs stuff, but this would really be a better fit over in Fantasyland.

Doesn't seem any thinking is being put into what thematically fits where anymore

Bairstow

Arrendale is a seafaring nation, its located right on the coast, its just hard to tell because everything is Frozen

Bit of a stretch there.
So this version of the trading post isn't high up on the mountains?
To me, this reeks of a project manager having 4 days to decorate the gift shop and going "OH GOD! QUICK! What do we already have that looks old? The nets and Styrofoam™ floats from Captain Jack's Seafood Restaurant? Fine, whatever. Just have Dave ship them out here and nail them on top of the display racks!"

Spike-in-Berlin

Now isn't that funny? I haven't even BEEN at WDW this year (and will not be there before at least early December) but I am already beginning to feel really fed up with FROZEN. Yes I liked the movie quite well although I cannot understand the hype about it, as I consider it just slightly above the standard Disney classic animation quality but with this Frozen OVERKILL I am actually beginning to change my entire attitude about the movie and not in a good way.

Bolt

Now isn't that funny? I haven't even BEEN at WDW this year (and will not be there before at least early December) but I am already beginning to feel really fed up with FROZEN. Yes I liked the movie quite well although I cannot understand the hype about it, as I consider it just slightly above the standard Disney classic animation quality but with this Frozen OVERKILL I am actually beginning to change my entire attitude about the movie and not in a good way.
Again - it's exaggerated. The processional is done. The fireworks are done. The ice skating rink is closed. The frozen rock band is done. This is in AFI, so far off the beaten path. You got more Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast (each have 2 attractions and are in the parades) stuff in the parks at the moment than Frozen.

It'll tie in well with Spectacle of Dancing Lights because kids will see the anow, then be able to play in it.

Next Big Thing

It's actually not bad when in the parks. Reading about it constantly on here and the way people talk it down makes it seem much worse than it is.

Beholder

It may be a bit much for some, but I'm kind of happy that Disney has a film that they CAN market to the extent that they have. Not since Pirates do I remember such a big impact from a Disney film. From what I remember, the first Pirates movie was a surprise hit, at least in that no one expected it to be as globally successful as it was. Many find Frozen to be over rated or just "ok", so I imagine that some of the the films promoters maybe felt the same way, so it's no surprise that people were caught unaware at it's massive success. I for one enjoyed the movie. I hope this is a return for Disney to once again be recognized for telling and creating great animated "classics".

Tom 55

There is a space to make a Snowman. The snow looks like shaved ice. Then there is a ice skating rink were for $10.00 you can rent skates and skate for 30 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_1876.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20140914_125520.jpg
    20140914_125520.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 58

Next Big Thing

There is a space to make a Snowman. The snow looks like shaved ice. Then there is a ice skating rink were for $10.00 you can rent skates and skate for 30 minutes.
They moved out of the soundstage into a smaller building... the former AFI Showcase (Backlot Tour exit). TSMM will be expanding into where the ice rink/snow area was before (Soundstage 1).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is now closed, see the first post for details.

Animaniac93-98

FYI a variation of DHS' Frozen premium package is coming back with dessert party next to Osbornes along with sing-along reserved seating and a lithogrpah, pin and "keepsake" (don't know what it is). Price is $89/adult instead of $149 like before.

Last edited:

alissafalco

I noticed the photopass CM's set up taking pics in one of the photo's. What are they taking photo's of? Just people standing by a fake snow bridge and fake background? Seems a little silly. Maybe if they had Olaf or someone there to take a picture with.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I noticed the photopass CM's set up taking pics in one of the photo's. What are they taking photo's of? Just people standing by a fake snow bridge and fake background? Seems a little silly. Maybe if they had Olaf or someone there to take a picture with.
yep

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom