Rides breaking down

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster
Over the last couple of days, a lot of the rides we have been going on have broken down in some way...
- Splash Mountain - everything stopped and emergency lights came on, stopped for about 5 minutes...
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - stopped at back/side of cottage for a couple of minutes, no trains moving
- TTA PeopleMover - conveyer not working, ride broke down and stuck for 10 minutes (hasn't it just been refurb'd?!?)
- Spaceship Earrh - stopped for around 5 minutes.
- Figment - intro video and sight lab not working at all. sat there is silence, then start moving again...
- The Seas with Nemo - stopped for a couple of minutes in projection room where the fish are projected on wall and ceiling. Just before you get to the fish tanks...
- Maelstrom - stopped ride, took 20 mins +'to get going again...

Is this just coincidence that everything is breaking down (never had this many stop before!) or is there stuff wrong with these rides? Or something that is causing the issues (such as power problems etc.)???

Just wondered...

MaryJaneP

While we are sympathetic with the frustration of frequent stoppages, we have to agree with MrNonacho that absent further detailed information, many of these stoppages might have very well been caused by the loading and/or unloading of physically disabled riders that need extra attention in the load/unload process. We would hope that if we needed the help, other riders would be understanding, and we try to take the stoppages in stride. We are in WDW and on a ride while this is occurring. We usually find something to discuss while we wait for the ride to resume.

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster
Agreed...there is a huge difference between a stoppage and a breakdown. I usually only consider it a breakdown if you are asked to exit the ride. Other than that I think of it as a welcome break in the AC.
Most of those could have easily been caused by guests getting out of vehicles during the ride or by slow-loading guests with disabilities.
I thought it would be disabled guests getting on and off, and it is completely understandable as to why they need to slow or stop the ride. I've seen people get off during rides before - especially Spaceship Earth, but why do they do it, it just stops the ride for everyone else! Definitely a much needed, and welcome break in the AC @copcarguyp71!! Why would rides like Splash put their emergency lights on if it were only a short stoppage to board guests??

While we are sympathetic with the frustration of frequent stoppages, we have to agree with MrNonacho that absent further detailed information, many of these stoppages might have very well been caused by the loading and/or unloading of physically disabled riders that need extra attention in the load/unload process. We would hope that if we needed the help, other riders would be understanding, and we try to take the stoppages in stride. We are in WDW and on a ride while this is occurring. We usually find something to discuss while we wait for the ride to resume.
Oh, I'm not frustrated by it at all - it's interesting when the ride stops, as you get a little more time to look around. I am completely understanding and respectful of the fact that others may require special assistance. The only reason I posted a questions here was to see if there was any known issues with the rides listed, out of interest....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Over the last couple of days, a lot of the rides we have been going on have broken down in some way...
- Splash Mountain - everything stopped and emergency lights came on, stopped for about 5 minutes...
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - stopped at back/side of cottage for a couple of minutes, no trains moving
- TTA PeopleMover - conveyer not working, ride broke down and stuck for 10 minutes (hasn't it just been refurb'd?!?)
- Figment - intro video and sight lab not working at all. sat there is silence, then start moving again...
- The Seas with Nemo - stopped for a couple of minutes in projection room where the fish are projected on wall and ceiling. Just before you get to the fish tanks...

Is this just coincidence that everything is breaking down (never had this many stop before!) or is there stuff wrong with these rides? Or something that is causing the issues (such as power problems etc.)???

Just wondered...

On August 7th... We had some problems with that at Epcot.

1) The Seas with Nemo & Friends stopped about 3 times. Probably for wheelchairs, but the ride was technically interrupted by crush every time. My sister and her friend said the same happened to them that day.

2) Maelstrom broke down as soon as we sat down in the boat at the loading dock. It resumed in about 5 minutes.

3) Test Track closed due to weather from 6 to 8. Not sure if that would count.

4) Spaceship Earth stopped twice. Interrupted by narrator annoyingly. :p

I've never experienced that problem on imagination. That was actually the attraction with the most affects working out of all the rides at Epcot on our visit (aside from Test Track)

JIMINYCR

We usually find something to discuss while we wait for the ride to resume.

As frustrating as a momentary stop is, I dont mind cause it gives me time to look around at some of the detailed animatronics or ride features that I am missing cause the ride normally goes by so fast. One of the most pleasant stops I had was right in front of the HM dining room scene. I got to see so much that I had been missing on other ride throughs. Now stopping in IASM.... that was pure torture.:in pain:

wdwshelby

On Sunday night, HM broke down for 15 minutes. We were stuck in the hallway/door knocking scene and I thought I was going to lose it! It was so loud and just kept playing the same audio over and over...I wish they would turn the audio off when this happens.

Gullywhumper

On Sunday night, HM broke down for 15 minutes. We were stuck in the hallway/door knocking scene and I thought I was going to lose it! It was so loud and just kept playing the same audio over and over...I wish they would turn the audio off when this happens.
Sounds really creepy! And probably really annoying as well...:p

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
On August 7th... We had some problems with that at Epcot.

1) The Seas with Nemo & Friends stopped about 3 times. Probably for wheelchairs, but the ride was technically interrupted by crush every time. My sister and her friend said the same happened to them that day.

2) Maelstrom broke down as soon as we sat down in the boat at the loading dock. It resumed in about 5 minutes.

3) Test Track closed due to weather from 6 to 8. Not sure if that would count.

4) Spaceship Earth stopped twice. Interrupted by narrator annoyingly. :p

I've never experienced that problem on imagination. That was actually the attraction with the most affects working out of all the rides at Epcot on our visit (aside from Test Track)

We were at Epcot Thursday too and saw the same issues. TT was definitely due to the weather at the time though with a lot of ride stops on various attractions, to the point that we were wondering what on earth was going on.

During our stay we were evacuated from TTA and Pooh, to add to the issues BTMRR, SM, SpM, and HM were all down at one point or another at least once or twice each during our trip.

SagamoreBeach

Just wondered...

Hmmm...maybe we should all plan our trips around YOUR schedule. (sounds like a Twilight Zone episode)

squidward

Just wondered...

Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Splash Mountain, TTA and 7DMT usually break down or stop at least once per day.

Goofyernmost

Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Splash Mountain, TTA and 7DMT usually break down or stop at least once per day.
They probably stop hundreds of times a day, but, that isn't a breakdown. There is a major difference. I have known that SSE and HM stop all the time to load people with disabilities. I have never witnessed TT being down or had it stop once we got moving. Never had a problem when riding SM or TTA and have never been on 7DMT

squidward

They probably stop hundreds of times a day, but, that isn't a breakdown. There is a major difference. I have known that SSE and HM stop all the time to load people with disabilities. I have never witnessed TT being down or had it stop once we got moving. Never had a problem when riding SM or TTA and have never been on 7DMT

You've NEVER seen Test Track break down? To take a line from the Hunger Games, the odds must be ever in your favor.

WDW_Emily

I was at the parks in May 2013 and then again just last month. Both times we were there Little Mermaid and Test track both went down.

In May Little Mermaid went down for the whole afternoon. Didn't get to use our fast pass, no idea why it went down. In July when we went on we got stuck in the under the sea section and then again in the kiss the girl section. Both times for about 5 minutes. We thought it was because a handicap person was getting off but then about a half hour later the ride was completely down.

Last May Test Track was down for most of the day. We went on Mission Space around 5pm and realized the line for Test Track was just opening back up. In July we had the ride break down while we were in line but it started back up in about 15 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom