Dumbo being developed as live action feature

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
According to this morning's Variety, Dumbo is currently being developed by Disney as a live action feature, to be written by the screenwriter of the latest Transformers movie.

Argh.

Magenta Panther

images

Can't wait. :p

Sweet Melissa

My guess would be that Disney was looking more at what Ehren Kruger did with the Tin Man miniseries and The Brothers Grimm than the Transformers sequels. Not that it makes me any more excited for his work. But I'll watch it. I always do. :confused:

Californian Elitist

This was on the news here in LA last night. I was so put off that I didn't even bother posting this news last night.

Seriously? Dumbo????? It looks like Disney's run out of ideas for their live-action films. Seems they're hellbent on transforming (no pun intended) their animated films into live-action ones.

champdisney

Wasn't Disney in the process of developing a Broadway version of Dumbo? I'm not too sure about a live-action Dumbo as I hold the animated classic very close to my heart.

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Wasn't Disney in the process of developing a Broadway version of Dumbo? I'm not too sure about a live-action Dumbo as I hold the animated classic very close to my heart.
Yes, there has been a Broadway version of Dumbo in development for years, and that sounds just as wacky to me as a live action movie version, but what do I know? A musical version of King Kong is on its way to Broadway, possibly as soon as next year, so I guess anything is possible.

Matt7187

Not sure why they would go for a movie where animals are the main characters. I most definitely will NOT be seeing this movie

mf1972

According to this morning's Variety, Dumbo is currently being developed by Disney as a live action feature, to be written by the screenwriter of the latest Transformers movie.

Argh.
sounds like it'll transform into a big steaming pile of elephant s*^t

NMBC1993

As someone who could care less about this project, the only problem I have is how they are going to execute this. We've already had live-action fairy tale movies (a lot recently) but the difference between those and something like Dumbo is, those stories are based on animated people, not animals. It's a lot easier to translate human characters into live-action. Here, most of the characters are animals. Is this going to be some kind of Charlotte's web knock-off where all the animals talk? Also, is this going to include some form of motion capture? Will Jamie Foxx play one of the crows? (Good ol' fashion family racism)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom