What to do throughout the Year

nngrendel

Been really considering getting a AP sometime after Sept. Been trying to sweeten the deal with my wife and been naming things we could see and do that we haven't before. Like Flower and Garden and Christmas Party throughout the year.

What are some of your favorite things and events to do throughout the year or things that I shouldn't miss if I get a AP.

Susan Savia

MNSSHP - We visit the parks once a year. We went in February 2014 (renewed our APs) and are going back in January 2015 (shortly before they expire).. This year as a bonus we're also going in September to attend the Halloween Party.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
MNSSHP - We visit the parks once a year. We went in February 2014 (renewed our APs) and are going back in January 2015 (shortly before they expire).. This year as a bonus we're also going in September to attend the Halloween Party.
We have already attended the Halloween Party a couple times. Wanting to get the biggest bang for my buck if I do the AP and want to have a bucket list of events I dont want to miss during that year. Just in case I cant talk the wife into a renewal. :)

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
If you are a Star Wars fan, you could attend one of the Star Wars weekends that overlap with the Flower and Garden Festival.
Have done the Star Wars Weekend before but will want to do that one again! Thanks! Going down on the list. Hope they have awesome guest that weekend for 2015.

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

We are near the end of our AP year. We started last September with my 50th Birthday trip, just DH and myself. October brought a visit with our kids and grandkids, Food & Wine, MNSSHP, and GS' s 1st birthday. In January, DH and I made a last minute trip to see the holiday decor between Jan. 1 and 4. The Atlanta Braves Spring Training brought another opportunity and we took our 17-mo GS to his first game and the parks, while his mom was on bedrest awaiting the delivery of his sister and his dad was in Afghanistan. Our final trip will be this September...just because it will be our last time to use the passes before they expire. It has been a fun year!

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
Have you done the Food and Wine Festival? It's my favorite time to go, we've hit the end of F&W the past two years and had a great time.

We were planning to go to the F&W next Sept anyway. So yes this is on the list.

We are near the end of our AP year. We started last September with my 50th Birthday trip, just DH and myself. October brought a visit with our kids and grandkids, Food & Wine, MNSSHP, and GS' s 1st birthday. In January, DH and I made a last minute trip to see the holiday decor between Jan. 1 and 4. The Atlanta Braves Spring Training brought another opportunity and we took our 17-mo GS to his first game and the parks, while his mom was on bedrest awaiting the delivery of his sister and his dad was in Afghanistan. Our final trip will be this September...just because it will be our last time to use the passes before they expire. It has been a fun year!

Braves Spring Training. Awesome. Didnt think of that and I live in Atlanta. o_O

Upvote 0

SMS55

How far are you? I live 3.5 hours away. We get seasonals and make a few trips up there (live in Miami). We make it along weekend. It's just a get away for us. We do what we want. Sometimes we can't get to everything we want but we go back a few months later. We stay at a value resort to save money. We'll make sandwiches and take them into the parks. Sometimes we'll eat a QS meal for dinner if we are staying late. If we go back early, we'll eat off 192. We always get gift cards for holidays and we spend them there. Those things save us a little money. For us Disney is never more than a few months away. With the seasonal we skip Christmas and New Years (but we have December) Spring Break and most of the summer. When it is too packed for us to not want to go. We're going for Labor Day weekend. The kids are back in school so I we'll be fine.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
How far are you? I live 3.5 hours away. We get seasonals and make a few trips up there (live in Miami). We make it along weekend. It's just a get away for us. We do what we want. Sometimes we can't get to everything we want but we go back a few months later. We stay at a value resort to save money. We'll make sandwiches and take them into the parks. Sometimes we'll eat a QS meal for dinner if we are staying late. If we go back early, we'll eat off 192. We always get gift cards for holidays and we spend them there. Those things save us a little money. For us Disney is never more than a few months away. With the seasonal we skip Christmas and New Years (but we have December) Spring Break and most of the summer. When it is too packed for us to not want to go. We're going for Labor Day weekend. The kids are back in school so I we'll be fine.

We live just east of Atlanta and takes roughly 6 hours for us. Not that bad of a trip but I can always leave in the morning and by 3pm I am usually checking in and inside Epcot well before dinner. We have been with 5 kids and know how to eat and get things on the cheap so thats not a issue for us. This will just be my first time making multiple trips within a year. I have always enjoyed my drive down to Orlando anyway. Our last trip was the week after Labor Day and we loved it. Crowd level was perfect for us. Thats what we want to take advantage of is low and non peak times to visit the park. Hoping this dream of mine becomes a reality.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

we go multiple times each year and have been ap holders for about 5 now. once or twice a year we go for 5-10 days, but sometimes just for the weekend, just for the day, or a special event. We live only 2 1/2 hrs away so it's close enough to do the one day but far enough away to feel like we're getting away on vacation. We found that once we had the ap's and started going more often that we let ourselves slow down and enjoy it more including dining, the resort activities, little things like playing the pirate adventure or perry, taking time to take more photos, as well as all the go go go stuff inside the parks. We always go more than once during f&w, we do mnsshp, f&g, and always go at least once with the christmas decor. Other times we will go for someone's birthday, we decided yesterday to go this saturday for the day to check out the new frozen related stuff so for those kinds of things it's nice to be able to just go. For this saturday single day trip for instance since we've already gone enough days to have covered the cost of our pass so all i'll have is the expense of less than a tank of gas and we'll just do quick serve... all for a day at disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom