Star Wars Weekends 2014

jt04

I remember probably a year ago in a Star Wars Land discussion I suggested that the SWW crowd was largely the same CMs and fanbois crowding the front of the stage at the Hyperspace Hoopla each and every show. The fact that Mark Hamil weekend has the lightest crowds this year, when the only other factor in play is a heavy crackdown on maingates (not even letting non-working CMs park), does nothing to dissuade me from that theory.

I am quite sure many thought the crowds would be unmanageable and many guests stayed away for that reason.

jt04

It makes me nervous. It makes me wonder if a Star Wars expansion would actually work… i'd like to think so but it makes me question what exactly is going on here.

Star Wars would work. However, it might work even better as a boutique park with plussed ticket. Very immersive, interactive and tailored experience. Skies the limit. Oh wait, I guess there really would be no limits with such an attraction.

Arosebud13

Doing Feel the Force package today. Motorcade went well this morning, my family got some great pics. Right now they've moved the dessert party into Disney Junior due to the weather.

71jason

I am quite sure many thought the crowds would be unmanageable and many guests stayed away for that reason.

Easy to say that ... but didn't keep crowds away from the Villain party last year. I don't think people, especially tourists, think that logically.

Let me just add, in 6 hours in the park, didn't see ten people cosplaying. Maybe 20% with a T-shirt or wookie backpack. I'm not saying Star Wars isn't popular--it is of course--but the hard core junkies who dress up every week? Mostly CMs. Star Wars Land will be a success, just maybe not on the level of Potter or Cars. #TorpedoOfTruth

71jason

Star Wars would work. However, it might work even better as a boutique park with plussed ticket. Very immersive, interactive and tailored experience. Skies the limit. Oh wait, I guess there really would be no limits with such an attraction.

JT, completely agreed here. One of few IPs I think could support a boutique park.

jt04

JT, completely agreed here. One of few IPs I think could support a boutique park.

Makes me wonder is this might be why the plans were pulled per the rumor. Maybe instead of getting the Hyperion Wharf version of Star Wars maybe they are considering a Disney Springs version.

Been researching all the stuff going on in Orlando and it is beyond amazing. Most of it is also underway or shortly will be. I think Disney will have to react in a very proactive manner to take advantage of the growth.

PhotoDave219

Easy to say that ... but didn't keep crowds away from the Villain party last year. I don't think people, especially tourists, think that logically.

Let me just add, in 6 hours in the park, didn't see ten people cosplaying. Maybe 20% with a T-shirt or wookie backpack. I'm not saying Star Wars isn't popular--it is of course--but the hard core junkies who dress up every week? Mostly CMs. Star Wars Land will be a success, just maybe not on the level of Potter or Cars. #TorpedoOfTruth

Yes but the Villians party attracted every passholder and off-duty cast member within 50 miles.

That large workforce over at Vista & Chatham, when they all decide to go somewhere at once, its an issue....

PhotoDave219

Just an attendance update…

Now granted, it's been raining since 1030 this morning.... But the parking lot is not even half-full. Well a few inches of water but you get the idea…

Some merchandise is sold out… Like the umbrellas that you can also find over at think geek.com.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just an attendance update…

Now granted, it's been raining since 1030 this morning.... But the parking lot is not even half-full. Well a few inches of water but you get the idea…

Some merchandise is sold out… Like the umbrellas that you can also find over at think geek.com.
What happens to the motorcade? Cancelled, delayed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom