Upkeep of Rides - What rides have people noticed are in need of some serious attention.

Tobe

Original Poster
Most of the time, I think Disney does a pretty good job maintaining its rides as far as general cleanliness and appearance is concerned. Especially considering the number of people who visit the parks every day. But on our last trip to WDW in April of this year, the Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin really struck me as being in need of some serious help. It was just pretty downright disgusting. The queue is filthy and run down. Grime everywhere, peeling paint or overlays, and dust or mold all over the ceiling tiles. The ride vehicles are in pretty rough shape and there are some dust or mold issues in the ride as well but the queue is the worst part in my opinion. To the point that I can't believe Disney actually has it open when it looks like this. I can understand that fixing up the ride vehicles would be time consuming and expensive but I would think they could refurbish the queue fairly quickly or at least give it a thorough cleaning.

Anyone else notice its sorry condition or am I just being overly picky?

Also interested in what other rides people think are overly run-down or dirty.

ImagineerDude

I didn't really notice anything on Buzz or really any rides...Peter Pan's Flight is just embarrassing (the whole ride, but it's still popular..and fun!) I think Splash's boats are the grossest, but that's the same for all water rides anywhere IMO and that's because they just gross me out lol

Tobe

Original Poster
Shoot - I guess I should have done that! Would have funded most of a Holiday D-Lites tour in November/December!

I do agree there are parts of Space Mountain that could definitely use some spit and polish.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I completely agree with Buzz! We were there in May and it just felt dusty and dirty, we saw quite a few cars not in use because they were down or the guns we broken.

RayTheFirefly

Maelstrom is scary bad. Mold everywhere.

Peter Pans Flight is pretty bad off, and the ceiling of iasw is terrible.

Agreed on all of these, esp the ceiling of IASW. I'm not sure if this counts, but last time I rode JC, the water was FILTHY. It was really nasty, and it was a really strange orange color. Everyone was commenting on it. CoP was pretty bad, but apparently they're addressing that?

Chef Mickey

Umm... is this sarcasm?! o_O
No, I got a $300 credit on my entire trip over my concerns. According to them, I am a "very" valued customer and my opinions are always noted and appreciated, lol. I know it's a lot of lip service, but they do make me feel like my opinion matters.

I think they know me over in guest services because I'm always very respectful, complimentary, but also very real about my opinion on the state of the parks. I've probably written 10 or so letters over the last few years.

They also mailed me a steamboat Willie Mickey priority mail in addition to the $300. I've received picture frames as well.

Perhaps they know how much I visit and that I got my engagement photos done there? I always include my name, address, phone number, and signature in every letter. I am never disrespectful, negative, or condescending. Disney is a great company and they know I think so.

Last edited:

Figaro928

No, I got a $300 credit on my entire trip over my concerns. According to them, I am a "very" valued customer and my opinions are always noted and appreciated, lol. I know it's a lot of lip service, but they do make me feel like my opinion matters.

I think they know me over in guest services because I'm always very respectful, complimentary, but also very real about my opinion on the state of the parks. I've probably written 10 or so letters over the last few years.

They also mailed me a steamboat Willie Mickey priority mail in addition to the $300. I've received picture frames as well.

Perhaps they know how much I visit and that I got my engagement photos done there? I always include my name, address, phone number, and signature in every letter. I am never disrespectful, negative, or condescending. Disney is a great company and they know I think so.
Very cool on Disney's part. Nice to know they at least value their valued customers :D

Kuzcotopia

When I ride to the airport in my car, I've noticed the cab has some empty iced coffee cups and a few egg
mcmuffin wrappers on the floor.

When I return, the state of the cab is unchanged! You'd think someone would pick that stuff up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom