Favorite place to grab a cold one?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ah, the Flights of Beer at Ragland Road..... We fight over which ones to include (they allow you to make up your own) and who gets what. And then we have to have another and another.... :rolleyes:

Bairstow

I really like the Laguna Bar behind El Centro at Coronado Springs.
The view of Lake Dorado is really nice and it's far quieter than the Cantina at the pool.
There's usually some interesting non-tourists trying to cut loose after a day at the convention center, and they have Rix Lager.

my-seat-at-laguna.jpg

ABQ

The beer and pretzel stand in Germany @ Epcot. Take your purchases to the benches overlooking the lagoon and relax with a cold one (or two).

The Incredible Schmulk

The Cabana Bar at the Dolphin. Decent rotating selection on tap, great bartenders, a fantastic bar food menu, sleek design, poolside relaxation... It's seriously the best respite outside of any of the gates you're going to find in WDW. And the fact that it's not on the dining plan helps to keep the crowds down. We've never had a problem finding a seat at the bar, not that it's all too important considering that there are comfortable cushioned seats and couches all over the lounge area.

We like it so much that we had our rehearsal dinner there when we got married last year. It's probably the last real hidden gem.

righttrack

Biergarten, it's cool and there is food. Also a show, plus I get to yell Zicke zacke zicke zacke hoi hoi hoi!!!!!

Last edited:

piglet1

If not in my hotel room (preferably the BWV) or the hotel pool bar, being Interesting with a Dos Equis at La Cava in Mexico

Dog Ate Mouse

Mine use to be Captain Jack's, Just sit down at the Bar and order some cold ones and an appetizer or two. This year I want to try somewhere new and fun. Don't want dinner just a cold one or two and an appetizer for the DWF and I. Any suggestions. Lastly, How is the T-Rex Bar? Can you sit down there and order some drinks and an appetizer? It does look like a fun place to sit and watch the fish and people.

piglet1

Mine use to be Captain Jack's, Just sit down at the Bar and order some cold ones and an appetizer or two. This year I want to try somewhere new and fun. Don't want dinner just a cold one or two and an appetizer for the DWF and I. Any suggestions. Lastly, How is the T-Rex Bar? Can you sit down there and order some drinks and an appetizer? It does look like a fun place to sit and watch the fish and people.

Yep, you sure can sit at the bar at T-Rex and either just drink, or order an appetizer. The beer is good, and I highly recommend the Caveman Punch

acishere

In the parks I would say my favorites are La Cava and Rose & Crown.

Elsewhere I would say I really liked Raglan Road, the pool bar of wherever I'm staying, and my room if I get a chance to stop by a liquor store.

Anywhere but American Adventure.

Sam Adams = cold dirty dishwater
The Block and Hans at AA has several craft beers on tap, so you don't have more than Sam Adams to choose from now there now.

NiarrNDisney

Does it have to be in DTD? If not I suggest:

Crew's Cup (YCR)
Territory Lounge (WL)
the Wave (CR)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Well, Rose and Crown is the place for a cold one (actually, I prefer a slightly below room temp one) DURING the day...

Although, it is nice to relax with a cold something at Splitsville...

But, for a SERIOUSLY cold drink after a seriously hot day, perhaps the best place is Whispering Canyon...

However, if quantity is more important than quality, all-you-can-drink at Mickey's Backyard BBQ is a good choice (and, yes, we did take our picture with the bartender)...

The definitive place to relax after a hot day in the parks, though? The Gurgling Suitcase at OKW.

jakeman

Does it have to be in DTD? If not I suggest:

Crew's Cup (YCR)
Territory Lounge (WL)
the Wave (CR)
Crew's Cup and Territory Lounge for sure.

Anywhere that has a relatively unique selection is a must for me. If anyone is a beer snob there is an app "Beers and Ears" that list the type and location of all the beers in WDW. It's a little flaky since taps can be changed quickly, but it's a good general overview.

Territory Lounge is one of the few places I've traveled on the East Coast that has Red Hook ESB on tap.

Penelope

Rose & Crown while enjoying one of the shows/events outside of the England pavilion. Never have we missed this on our vacations. For a fine glass of vino, the "newer" wine bar in Italy is also a nice place to unwind. Usually there are not many children inside it either if you need a break from them. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom