Best and worst resort

HatboxGhost

At the bottom of my list would be places like Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness and Caribbean Beach Resort because they are so huge they are exhausting. For me, any trip to the resort is for relaxation and enjoyment of facilities. I don't need another hike to get where I want to go.
My Wife and I are trying CBR this time around because we ended up getting a really good price....they had a deal for the time frame when we are going.... which figures out to be about only $30.00 a night more than if we were to stay at an All Star or Pop resort. We figured upgrading to a moderate at this time would be perfect so if we didn't like it, we wouldn't be losing much cash. They also upgraded us to a preferred room so we are close to things that we need to get to and hopefully wont have to walk too much. I am just excited to see a new place.

Mr Toad

Favorite place so far is Poly...least fav was the All Stars (I've stayed at 2 of them). But even though I didn't like the AS resorts, they were well themed.

Tinkerbell397

Over the years, I have stayed in The CR...Garden Wing, Poly, Off Site, SOG, Port Orleans Riverside when it was Dixie Landings, CR tower room....both views and The WL and by far, the CR Magic Kingdom View was the winner...hands down. It was the most Magical. I just love the feeling of getting off the monorail and being home. I like the sound of the monorail "whizzing" though the hotel and I love the sounds of Chef Mickey's. The view of the MK from the balcony is the best on the property and the rooms themselves are modern, streamlined and very comfortable. The other resorts were lovely.....WL coming in at second place. I would like to stay at the Poly again once they finish the refurb. I love the lush green outdoor environment...it always smelled so good and getting off the monorail and walking directly into the hotel was a joy. :cat:

SyracuseDisneyFan

Favorite: Art of Animation. Loved the theming. Don't have a least favorite. However, I'd love to stay at the BoardWalk, Grand Floridian and Beach Club.

gooftroop5

We have stayed at FW cabins, POR, AKL, and OKW as a family of 5.

Favorite: OKW. I know we may be in the minority, but we just love the spacious rooms and atmosphere. Don't particularly like the "hotel" feel of some of the resorts. OKW feels like a home/condo and has a relaxing atmosphere. We were spoiled by the villas and now we have a hard time booking anywhere else.

Least favorite: I don't think we have one but I don't think we would ever stay at any of the values.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I have only stayed at 3 different Disney resorts, my favorite being GF. I didn't dislike any of them so I have no least favorite. But I probably would not stay at All stars sports.

righttrack

My Wife and I are trying CBR this time around because we ended up getting a really good price....they had a deal for the time frame when we are going.... which figures out to be about only $30.00 a night more than if we were to stay at an All Star or Pop resort. We figured upgrading to a moderate at this time would be perfect so if we didn't like it, we wouldn't be losing much cash. They also upgraded us to a preferred room so we are close to things that we need to get to and hopefully wont have to walk too much. I am just excited to see a new place.

I think it really depends on what you will do at the resort. For us, we don't do much, despite getting a nice resort. I had an interesting contrast this time staying at the Swan/Dolphin which is more of a "regular hotel". I didn't really miss much about the resort per se, but I did miss some of the "Disney connection". So CBR, if you're near the bridges that cross the center, near where Aruba and Jamaica connect, you'll be in good shape. Still a lot of walking but connected.

Blackburn23

Caribbean Beach is my favorite, would LOVE to try the Yacht and Beach Club. Have no desire to go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Not sure why really, I guess the animals aren't that appealing to me. Prefer a beach!

AndyS2992

Pop Century is my favourite since I am a sucker for nostalgia especially from the 50's through late 90's. Worst is probably All Stars. Never stayed there so can't really say though.

m3owbox

Favorite: Grand Floridian, it was so beautiful and elegant.
Worst: Bay Lake Tower, our room was dirty and already worn down (after only being open 6 months...) It also smelt terrible. We got relocated to another room there and it wasn't much better.

HatboxGhost

I think it really depends on what you will do at the resort. For us, we don't do much, despite getting a nice resort. I had an interesting contrast this time staying at the Swan/Dolphin which is more of a "regular hotel". I didn't really miss much about the resort per se, but I did miss some of the "Disney connection". So CBR, if you're near the bridges that cross the center, near where Aruba and Jamaica connect, you'll be in good shape. Still a lot of walking but connected.
Like all of our Disney stays, most of the time is spent at the parks except when it gets too muggy and we go back to the resort for a swim which usually ends up being around mid-late afternoon. When we first get there we check everything out like the arcade area, gift shops, dining areas, and pools so we know exactly where we need to go. We are right next door to Old Port Royale Centertown, I believe in either building 25 or 26.

CaptainShortty

I've stayed at well over half of them already but would love to cross Poly (post construction) and Bay Lake Tower off my lists soon. I think they're both beautiful and in a great location, especially if I could have theme park view. I got to stay in a Theme Park View at the Grand and it was amazing so I'd love to do it again. My least favorite is probably the All-Stars although truthfully they really aren't all that bad. They're just a bit to loud and crazy for me if I'm going to be on vacation. I want at least some quiet and relaxation when I leave the hustle and bustle of the theme parks.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
We've stayed at the 3 AllStars, Pop, all the mods, Contemporary, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and Ft.Wilderness campsites.

Least favorite are the AllStars, with Sports being my least favorite and Movies my top choice. Too loud and crowded. Favorite value is POP although I'd love to stay at AoA.
Of the mods, I didn't like Caribbean. Again, it felt too loud and crowded. Fav is POFQ, by far.
Of the deluxe I've stayed at, my least favorite was the Poly. Broken monorail and while a very nice resort, overpriced and overrated, IMHO. Favorite is WL.

216bruce

Fave is WL. Location, the lobby, the woods....awesome.
Second is AKL. Wake up with a giraffe outside the window and GREAT places to eat!
I really love the theming and look of all of the places except Saratoga which seems incredibly bland. It looks like a generic "all the homes look the same" planned community. I'm sure the rooms are fine and the service is on a par with every place else, but returning "home" there after the parks would be a Magic Killer for us.

Underrated third fave is POR. If they'd have had a DVC available there, we'd have bought it. Just beautiful.

Plowboy

Favorite: It's a tie between WL and OKW. Love the architecture and landscaping.

Least favorite: The All Stars. Although we love Pop, just can't handle AS.

MMlvr

Saratoga springs was one I never wanted to stay at and AKL was the one I always wanted to stay at. Now reverse them. I will never stay anywhere else but SSR. Love it!!! I wouldnt stay at AKL again. Don't judge a book by its cover.

216bruce

Saratoga springs was one I never wanted to stay at and AKL was the one I always wanted to stay at. Now reverse them. I will never stay anywhere else but SSR. Love it!!! I wouldnt stay at AKL again. Don't judge a book by its cover.
Just curious about your reverse on AKL. Bad experience or just not what you had thought?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom