SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

cw1982

MDE app has it currently listed as closed. Not sure if that's simply because it's not technically officially opened yet, or if they have cut off the line? I'm assuming the former since this is really just a very extended soft open? I'm not currently in Orlando... anybody have any updates?

Otherwise, looks like wait times across the park are extremely manageable. Hope everybody is having a lot of fun rocking their Disney side!

I've been watching that too out of curiosity, and it doesn't look like MDE will show anything but "closed" for SDMT until the official opening. Since MDE (from what I hear) is also being used to track wait time statistics, they probably don't want the stats for that ride to be impacted by unofficial waits when the ride is not officially open. Plus, that way, if they do have to close quickly for some reason, no one can gripe because it was never listed as open to start with.

geminirock19

guys. ugh. i'm gonna be honest.. i dont think last night went as well for me as most everyone else. for as long as i've been itching to ride this, there was no chance last night. we finally got in to mk at 2 am, raced to mine train, and the line just to get to start of the queue was double the size of one of those black friday lines you see at the store. i would have waited but my fiance had to be back to work today and we couldnt even get to the beginning of the queue. I know we'll catch it later but it was a bummer because everyone is saying they waiting like an hour..?? but at 2am it wasn't. I would have waited hours IF I could have seen an end in sight but the line to the entrance wasn't moving, it was wrapped around the other side of the mountain. I'm bein' silly but I feel like the only dope who hasn't gotten to ride! I think we'll skip out on the next 24 hr event :( we're exhausted and we didn't get to do what we were looking forward to so much

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
guys. ugh. i'm gonna be honest.. i dont think last night went as well for me as most everyone else. for as long as i've been itching to ride this, there was no chance last night. we finally got in to mk at 2 am, raced to mine train, and the line just to get to start of the queue was double the size of one of those black friday lines you see at the store. i would have waited but my fiance had to be back to work today and we couldnt even get to the beginning of the queue. I know we'll catch it later but it was a bummer because everyone is saying they waiting like an hour..?? but at 2am it wasn't. I would have waited hours IF I could have seen an end in sight but the line to the entrance wasn't moving, it was wrapped around the other side of the mountain. I'm bein' silly but I feel like the only dope who hasn't gotten to ride! I think we'll skip out on the next 24 hr event :( we're exhausted and we didn't get to do what we were looking forward to so much
Despite how long the actual line appears, I don't think we have seen any actual confirmed wait times over an hour.

Hope you make it on soon.

geminirock19

I could tell we would have been there til the sun came up, the line of people wrapped around the mountain wasn't moving... i think we just picked a really unlucky 2 hour window to try. Oh well! Life goes on :hungry:

kendalljo

I got in line at 2am when the line was at Ariel's Grotto and it was the longest I waited the whole day. But even then it was only 90 minutes (I timed it). And that was mostly inside the queue. It only took 25 min for us to get to the actual queue entrance, then seemed to slow down a bit compared to the other times I rode earlier Friday.

geminirock19

really, Kendalljo? Maybe we should have just got in line but I just got so discouraged about it, I mean the people didn't seem to be moving in the least, looked like a 5 hour line. i'm glad you got on :joyfull:

MickeyRN

60 minute wait time was what they listed but it took my daughter And I literally 34 minutes from time we got in line until we exited.
Line moves quickly. It's a nice, smooth ride, not as thrilling as BTMR or Space,but I would not waste your time standing in line for more than 45-60 minutes.
No fast passes but I see ppl entering FP line with yellow slips of some sort. Anyone know what these are?

When I got in line there was no one in the proper queue. I was at the speedway. The proper queue opened at 10:25am, and by the time I was at the interactive queue the end of the line was by mad tea party. There was a CM at the end of the line with a 60 min wait sign. From the speedway at 10:25, through the proper queue with multiple stops in the interactive queue, we were off the ride by 10:48am.

The Crafty Veteran

Ok here are some quick facts.

Wait times from last night to this morning are all over the place but its a fast queue, it said 60 minutes last night but it was about 30. You can still smell the paint. Its not an old school E-Ticket but I can see some people thinking it could be. In my opinion its well below an E but its a fun ride just keep your expectations in check.

Rob562

No fast passes but I see ppl entering FP line with yellow slips of some sort. Anyone know what these are?

Most likely Guest Recovery FastPasses. Someone had a problem elsewhere in the park and was given a "front of the line" pass for any one ride. Or they were on the Mine Train when it shut down and had to be evac'd. Something like that.

-Rob

Cesar R M

speaking of the mine train, you guys recon it will up and running for the next few days before the "real" opening? or they will shut it down and again kept it as "soft cms only" mode?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
speaking of the mine train, you guys recon it will up and running for the next few days before the "real" opening? or they will shut it down and again kept it as "soft cms only" mode?
My guess based on previous openings would be that it will now stay open as much as possible. They will try to ramp up and keep it operating as though it is live.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom