I Run Disney

OG Runner

Completely disagree. The courses are crowded enough as it is...this is the LAST thing they should do, in my opinion.

I understand your opinion. I think part of it comes from thinking of "these" as races. RunDisney holds events. People stop and visit characters, and pose for pictures and even ride rides. Add a few more corrals, start a
half hour earlier, (you know you are up anyway), and let more people enjoyr the events.

Ariel484

I understand your opinion. I think part of it comes from thinking of "these" as races. RunDisney holds events. People stop and visit characters, and pose for pictures and even ride rides. Add a few more corrals, start a
half hour earlier, (you know you are up anyway), and let more people enjoyr the events.
Trust me, I stop for the pictures - almost all of them (haven't done any rides on the course yet - I think Everest at the halfway point of the marathon would about kill me). I still think the courses are too crowded, sometimes bordering on the point of being unsafe...it's a problem to me when I'm running the half and have to come to a complete stop in multiple locations of the course because there are so many people. But maybe that's just me.

lukacseven

Completely disagree. The courses are crowded enough as it is...this is the LAST thing they should do, in my opinion.
I've been doing the January marathon since '06. The start that year was a mass start - no staggered times. It took some runners 45+ minutes to even reach the start line for the half. Since they added the wave start and began policing corral assignments, it was far less crowded for a few years. Up until the anniversary year, the full had 2 courses for almost the first 4 miles. When they increased the Goofy entries from 3K they had to move the start times back to 5:35. I can't see them moving it back any further than 5:00.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom