Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOXOMUMD

I've visited 18 of the 20 listed. All but Honolulu and Santa Fe.

They mention 5 "worthy contenders" they had to leave off, including Memphis. :confused: I lived there for 17 years and I wouldn't vote for it.
I've been to 12 of them and couldn't make up my mind.

PUSH

Original Poster
Going back to the historic cities thing, since I'm too lazy to go quote it.

I've been to one of those cities (Chicago). The rest aren't easy to get to when you live in Wisconsin unless you're taking a vacation.

PUSH

Original Poster
Be glad I have to wait till page 2005 before I can brag and boast and post my Steelers pics. :cautious:

Sidenote, that was the first championship of my life and I got to watch my city explode. It was madness. I loved it.
The first championship I was around for was the Packers of 2010, but you remember that championship I'm sure. :angelic:

Side note: I've been around for the 1996/97 championship of the Packers but don't remember it.

Cesar R M

I remember a trip with my cousin to his relative's house on an island in some lakes in Canada where I was introduced to powdered milk. I wasn't a big milk drinker as a teenager anyway but powdered milk was just yuuckk! I thought is was just a Canadian thing but as an adult now I've seen that they sell powdered milk in the stores here in the US too.
I'm very surprised how much things Mexico and Canada have in common.
as the bagged milk was very usual back in the 80's 90's. Not so much on the new century.. as most companies standardised their production on par to the US standards (tetrabrick etc..)

Powdered milk is usual too, specially for babies or coffee guys who want something more greasier than normal milk.

Lucky

Going back to the historic cities thing, since I'm too lazy to go quote it.

I've been to one of those cities (Chicago). The rest aren't easy to get to when you live in Wisconsin unless you're taking a vacation.

Of the 18 I've been to about half were for work reasons.

The first championship I was around for was the Packers of 2010, but you remember that championship I'm sure. :angelic:

Side note: I've been around for the 1996/97 championship of the Packers but don't remember it.

The Redskins won 2 Super Bowls since I've lived here but the city didn't go crazy or anything. They might have if people had known DC wouldn't win any more major championships in the next 20-plus years. (Proc soccer doesn't count as major.)

Cesar R M

I fell asleep before I read this. So good morning or good afternoon. Whichever it is when you read this.
lCpp5cQ.jpg

1998 so gotta post this one...

View attachment 51890

I think I'm going to just sit and stare creepily as you guys stalk about sports I know nothing about.
ozj53Vi.jpg

NYwdwfan

I'm on 1994, so I'm slowly catching up...

Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1994. That's all you need to know about that.

I remember a trip with my cousin to his relative's house on an island in some lakes in Canada where I was introduced to powdered milk. I wasn't a big milk drinker as a teenager anyway but powdered milk was just yuuckk! I thought is was just a Canadian thing but as an adult now I've seen that they sell powdered milk in the stores here in the US too.

We were at my dad's aunt's apartment and she offered to reconstitute milk for him to put in his coffee. I will never forget his response, "Powdered milk? I'd rather die".

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I wish my parents would take your view with the room. I've told them before, leave the vacuum an the duster outside my room, I will clean up once a week. Now that I'm at home on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons she's been letting me do that more. In high school it never happened. But still they walk in and complain about what a mess it is and it leads to an argument. No place else in the house is messy, and the room is really only messy when I'm feeling stressed out about something, like school.

I was raised in a house where we were loved and provided for well. My parents believed in education and that is one quirk I carried forward along with a few others. Yet I broke some quirky cycles that they kind of obsessed about. I couldn't grow my hair long because it too long to wash and dry. Really. I was a Pixie child. It wasn't until High School I rebelled. Seriously with all the things to take to the mat with a teen length of hair??? My Dad did help really with raising my Sis and I (not unusual in those days) and my Mom was obsessive about an immaculate house. As was my Gran. (washed dishwasher after it was ran each and every time immaculate.) That was a lot of work for my Mom so we couldn't have STUFF in our rooms. A bed, a dresser, a desk with nothing on top until one day there was an electthric typewriter. No books, no toys, nothing. Homework needed to be done at the table. Never was food or beverage allowed in a bedroom. Ever. All toys and stuff were to be kept in a toy room, everything was put away immediately when finished. Could not come back to a game of Monopoly or checkers. My Hot Wheel Track always had to be broken down and put away. You get the idea. There were no boundaries or real privacy, it was their house and I did as I was told.

I'm not a slob (though my Mom would likely argue that.) I subscribe to that good enough. My kids were always clean as were their clothes and rooms. But they had their share of their stuff in their rooms. I bought shelves and cabinets so they had places for stuff to go. As they got older, their problem. I'm not sure beyond changing sheets etc. if my DS ever made his bed. Really I don't think it mattered, he closed the door and if I didn't go looking for something to drive me nuts it was OK. His car was always a mess back then. I had to deal with that more than anything 'cause he was 5 years older than DD and they commuted together for swim team. I'd take a garbage can from the garage spend 10 minutes and empty it. He didn't care (actually appreciated it) it worked. I was just big on avoid conflict, I had no desire to be a commander, I wanted peace within our family. Yeah I'd find and empty peanut butter jar in the cabinet. I'd toss it, I wasn't OCD about petty stuff and I had the ability to let stupid stuff go, hanging onto the petty things would be more on me than on my kids. His college apartment was far from neat. Ewe. But when someones parent was coming to town they all cleaned. He became educated even despite all that. In the Disney College Program their are inspections of apartments (they don't want bugs or rats or mice.) They knew when they were coming. If you failed the checklist Disney just sent in a professional cleaning service and the cost was deducted from a CPs paycheck. When he returned to college that is when I saw the cycle of every few weeks he would undo his messes. It all worked out on its own without throwing my family up for grabs.

Because I wasn't a hard *** my kids tended to listen to me when I had a concern or an issue. I drew the line in the sand with other things like a few friends that were removed from the circle, I'd give drop him off places when he would be drinking and insisted on a Taxi return trip home. Homework needed to be done well, we had to talk to each other respectfully, no screaming matches or temper tantrums when I said NO, clothing was always current fashion but there were caps on appropriate and they both knew and respected that. Picking my battles just made the things that mattered in the long run easier. My kids are like night and day. I never ever compared one to the other, as a result they get along well as young adults. Basically I picked all the good things out that my folks did raising my Sis and I and recycled that, threw out all the petty things they obsessed about and found a more relaxed way to family life. It worked for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom