PHOTOS - Second Ferry boat loading dock under construction at the Transportation and Ticket Center

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
A few quick thoughts pop in my head:

1. Capital improvements that don't have a direct revenue stream. I like it.
2. This is in keeping with the MM+ driving force -- allow guests to make better use of their time. Rather than wait, we get to the park faster, allowing us to do a few more little things and reduce time spent doing nothing.
3. Brilliant idea. Fairly low cost but addresses something that guests dislike -- the long path to the MK gates. Every little bit helps.
4. Clearly this is in anticipation of the upcoming long-term monorail closing necessitated by construction of the new monorail route from TTC to the other parks, Downtown Disney, MCO, and the Port Canaveral Cruise dock. o_O

Last edited:

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Clearly this is in anticipation of the upcoming long-term monorail closing necessitated by the new monorail route from TTC to the other parks, Downtown Disney, MCO, and the Port Canaveral Cruise dock. o_O

109b7-some_men_just_want_to_watch_the_world_burngif-w500amph207.gif

rudyjr13

About that time to update infrastructure or other big things coming I wonder. Lots of infrastructure work going on all the sudden (this, automated monorails, hub, walkways).

Mickey_777

It's not even funny how much they need a second ferry to run especially after the fireworks each night at MK. If you're like me and you stay off site, it takes an hour and a half from Main Street to opening your car door. Line up for the ferry...then cross the lagoon...then lineup for the tram...then watch Brazilian families cram 20 to a row...so then wait for the next tram...then ride the slow tram to your row in either the heroes or villains...then walk all the way to your car which is of course at the very end...its a chore man

anything to speed up this process is welcomed

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Does MK have a 2nd one to receive the Ferry?
There were (are) currently duel docks at both the MK and the TTC. The 2nd at the MK looks like it was installed quickly (years ago) and I've actually never seen it used (although I'm sure it is). It's placement makes it look like a tight squeeze if a ferry is already at the main dock. I have seen two ferries docked at the TTC and the queue system does lead to both, so that one must be used more often. These are probably upgrades to what was already there. Obviously they're planning on using both more often, which would really help when the masses leave the MK.
On another note, concerning the Express Monorail queue, I've often wondered why there was never a large queue area never constructed at the top of the Express ramp to the right (the grassy area between the station and the fence for the WDWRRR). Lines could climb up to the top of the ramp, turn right into a new system of queues, and then move back to the main platform. If it were covered, it could provide much greater comfort for guests leaving the MK, especially during torrential rains, when EVERYONE seems to leave the MK at once.

Last edited:

kap91

About that time to update infrastructure or other big things coming I wonder. Lots of infrastructure work going on all the sudden (this, automated monorails, hub, walkways).
I keep telling people that everything WDW has done in the past 5 years or so has shown a huge desire to increase efficiency, better manage crowds, and improve infrastructure - likely to A) make more money from B) less annoyed guests and C) Give them the ability to expand in the future and be able to handle the increased demand. But no one seems to want to listen to this. My magic+ and a lack of new attractions at a pace fans desire is Bob Iger personally trying to destroy all that is good in the world.

kelknight84

All 3 ferries can be parked at TtC. 2 at MK. The ferries can also dock at all the resorts although this is a tricky manuever, I hated doing it. The MK secondary dock is pretty safe and we would use it but the ttc secondary was not ideal and we were discouraged from letting guests use it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom