How Talking Mickey Works??

Tigger#1

Does anyone here remember something called K.C.Bearphone? They were sold about 20 years ago and they would lipsync the person on the other end of the line. I still have one and he is pretty accurate on his mouth movement.
I'm quite sure that technology has gotten a lot better since then so the mouth movement may be automatic to the speech output.

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
Does anyone here remember something called K.C.Bearphone? They were sold about 20 years ago and they would lipsync the person on the other end of the line. I still have one and he is pretty accurate on his mouth movement.
I'm quite sure that technology has gotten a lot better since then so the mouth movement may be automatic to the speech output.

I do ... they gave me nightmares. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/images/smilies/lookaround.gif

Fortunately, talking Mickey and Minnie aren't creepy. So kudos to Disney on that!

Earforce1

This has baffled me ever since I first saw Mickey blinking then they hit us with him talking. I was there for my birthday in December and it blew me away. I've watched fingers bending at shows and they are definitely synced with his eyes blinking. It's an awful lot for the "characters" to remember, besides performing, dancing, they have to remember which hand to use for blinking and which hand to use for talking. Could there possibly be some kind of contraption that is connected to their jaws inside the head and then they can talk which controls Mickey's mouth. I just like the above answer the best "Mickey IS real"!!!!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Dream Along is entirely in the hands. Town Square blinks randomly and the mouth is synced to the audio chosen by the off-site tech that selects the dialogue.

Cesar R M

This has baffled me ever since I first saw Mickey blinking then they hit us with him talking. I was there for my birthday in December and it blew me away. I've watched fingers bending at shows and they are definitely synced with his eyes blinking. It's an awful lot for the "characters" to remember, besides performing, dancing, they have to remember which hand to use for blinking and which hand to use for talking. Could there possibly be some kind of contraption that is connected to their jaws inside the head and then they can talk which controls Mickey's mouth. I just like the above answer the best "Mickey IS real"!!!!
the best synced one seems to be timon (clearly all scripted)
I also wonder if the eyes are actually synced with a finger or to the eyes of the operator too.
because I seen the festival of the lion king 3 times and it always blinked differently.

I have yet to see the sorcerer animated mickey..

MagicHappens1971

Sorry to bump this thread up, but I was just looking up info about talking Mickey on Google and found this thread.
The patent insinuates that they wanted to implement magicbands into this, would've made it more personal.
US20130226588A1-20130829-D00001-1.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom