Notes & Observations 1/8/14

I am in the world now and will be until late next week. I noticed a few things I wanted to relay back to the forum on our first day yesterday so I thought I'd start a thread I could add to.

Crowds are moderate, but we managed to not wait more than 25 minutes for anything in the MK yesterday.

I managed to peek over the construction walls in front of Casey's and see they are doing work with concrete blocks, it looked like some modifications to the curbing around the raised flower beds.

The main animatronic in the first scene of CoP was quite frightening. I couldn't tell if it was his skin in need of a coat of paint, or just some bad lighting, but he had quite a cadaverous pallor. He looked like a gray old corpse up there.

The floating docks being built adjacent to the water pageant canal appear to be almost complete. They are most definitely new ferry loading docks for somewhere around the lagoon. There are also a few segments of straight aluminum bridging on the shore that I assume are accessories to the floating pieces.

I'll preface the next statement by saying that I think the entire NextGen project is an abomination and one of the worst projects they've ever taken on. That said, I have mixed feelings on FP+. The availability of same and next day fast passes is good enough to make the system work for people who want to plan last minute has been tolerable. We'll just see how that holds up upon full rollout of the system. We have had one issue. We have 6 people in our party but I can only schedule FP+ for 3 members of our party and somebody else in our party can only make FP+ for the other 3. It's a pain because we each have to make them, then we have to try and coordinate times.

That's it so far, but I'll be here until next Thursday if anybody needs me to report on anything. We're going to Uni on Sunday. Looking forward to that.

JimboJones123

I am in the world now and will be until late next week. I noticed a few things I wanted to relay back to the forum on our first day yesterday so I thought I'd start a thread I could add to.

Crowds are moderate, but we managed to not wait more than 25 minutes for anything in the MK yesterday.

I managed to peek over the construction walls in front of Casey's and see they are doing work with concrete blocks, it looked like some modifications to the curbing around the raised flower beds.

The main animatronic in the first scene of CoP was quite frightening. I couldn't tell if it was his skin in need of a coat of paint, or just some bad lighting, but he had quite a cadaverous pallor. He looked like a gray old corpse up there.

The floating docks being built adjacent to the water pageant canal appear to be almost complete. They are most definitely new ferry loading docks for somewhere around the lagoon. There are also a few segments of straight aluminum bridging on the shore that I assume are accessories to the floating pieces.

I'll preface the next statement by saying that I think the entire NextGen project is an abomination and one of the worst projects they've ever taken on. That said, I have mixed feelings on FP+. The availability of same and next day fast passes is good enough to make the system work for people who want to plan last minute has been tolerable. We'll just see how that holds up upon full rollout of the system. We have had one issue. We have 6 people in our party but I can only schedule FP+ for 3 members of our party and somebody else in our party can only make FP+ for the other 3. It's a pain because we each have to make them, then we have to try and coordinate times.

That's it so far, but I'll be here until next Thursday if anybody needs me to report on anything. We're going to Uni on Sunday. Looking forward to that.

Interesting about large group fast passes.

Unless touring groups are really doing their homework ahead of time, no more groups of 50-200 showing up to clog up the FP lines.

I had not thought of that aspect before.

CTXRover

. We have had one issue. We have 6 people in our party but I can only schedule FP+ for 3 members of our party and somebody else in our party can only make FP+ for the other 3. It's a pain because we each have to make them, then we have to try and coordinate times.

Not sure if this will fix it, but make sure that you have added each member of your party as a family or friend in your account and that you have sent them a "plan and share" invite request under family and friends. They will then need to accept that request. If you still can't change or update their FP+, those members of your party may need to update their profile to allow you to "add and view all plans".

I only know from trial and error when I set it up my family . Takes a few minutes.

stevehousse

Not sure if this will fix it, but make sure that you have added each member of your party as a family or friend in your account and that you have sent them a "plan and share" invite request under family and friends. They will then need to accept that request. If you still can't change or update their FP+, those members of your party may need to update their profile to allow you to "add and view all plans".

I only know from trial and error when I set it up my family . Takes a few minutes.
Doing this will certainly fix te problem!

JimboJones123

Wow, what a pain in the .

Dwarful

OK. guess I am confused. When we go in June does everyone in our group have to have an account set up? Or will I be able to set the FP+ for our family?

wcjordan06

Everyone has to have an account but you can manage multiple accounts under one account. I had this problem when booking mine, it's an easy fix and only required the other members of my party to take 20 seconds out of their day and make a quick account and verify the email request you send them to request them as a Family member. After that you can pick and chose everything for them, not really a flaw imo.

CTXRover

The only problem I see with this is that no one else in our group has made an account so I have no way to send them a request. If the system requires everyone to make an account then I see that as a flaw in the system.

I suspect the other member of your party that can arrange FP+ must have an account if they are able to change their and other member's FP+. Make sure you are "friends" with that person and they allow you to view and share their plans. I suspect you will then be able to change all member's FP+.

It sounds like a pain, but really isn't. Takes a few minutes (can be done online for sure and I imagine the app) and that extra step is needed so you don't change plans of people in your party who don't want you changing things. I don't use facebook, but it sounds like a similar idea in regards to accepting friends and determining what people can see your page.

Last edited:

ozzel1

I'm just a lurker, but I'd like to add a cautionary statement about Disney Experience accounts:

The accounts should be set up by 'household'. A primary account holder is chosen for the 'house', then can add family members in their account that they manage. They can Invite friends to share with. These friends should have their own 'household' account. You can set the permission levels for your friends in the Friends & Family list.

I made the mistake of making my account, and adding my best friend and her daughter as my 'family' -I am usually the one who makes our plans, etc. But my friend also goes alone, so I just 'invited' her and we set up her account. BUT, there is no way to move her daughter from my account to hers. Her daughter is a minor (thus shouldn't have her own account) and had an AP attached. Even tech support could not move her. We have to wait until her pass expires and then make her again in my friends account.

Do what I suggest in paragraph 1 and you'll be all set.

Rob562

The only problem I see with this is that no one else in our group has made an account so I have no way to send them a request. If the system requires everyone to make an account then I see that as a flaw in the system.

When you need to add a "managed by" account (like a child who is managed by a parent), here's what you do (and this is all through the website, though I'm sure the phone app operates similarly)

-First, make sure you and the "manager" each have your friend list visible to others. (This option is down at the bottom of your current Friends & Family list.)
-Go into Add a Guest.
-Choose the "Invite Through Mutual Friend" tab.
-Select the "manager" of the other account. Their "managed by" profiles should then become available. Send a friend request to each person. The manager will then get the "accept friend" notification.

That should do it. After you each do that, each "manager" should then have access to the others' "managed by" profiles to make FP+ for the whole group at once. If some already have FP+ reservations, you can then use the "copy selections" function to copy them to your new friends.

-Rob

mitchk

Please keep us updated, I'm leaving the 21st... I'm wondering about the tour groups. Anyway, I was there in Nov. I have said it many times before.... The bands suck! Crowd control is all it is..... Always remember ..it all started with a Pal Mouse........

Belowthesurface

Rumour has it that this area will be demolished along with the area in front of the Ice Cream Parlor to make way for more concrete for Guest flow.

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
When you need to add a "managed by" account (like a child who is managed by a parent), here's what you do (and this is all through the website, though I'm sure the phone app operates similarly)

-First, make sure you and the "manager" each have your friend list visible to others. (This option is down at the bottom of your current Friends & Family list.)
-Go into Add a Guest.
-Choose the "Invite Through Mutual Friend" tab.
-Select the "manager" of the other account. Their "managed by" profiles should then become available. Send a friend request to each person. The manager will then get the "accept friend" notification.

That should do it. After you each do that, each "manager" should then have access to the others' "managed by" profiles to make FP+ for the whole group at once. If some already have FP+ reservations, you can then use the "copy selections" function to copy them to your new friends.

-Rob

Rob, this sounds like it makes sense, but here's what I'm dealing with. According to my "Family and Friends" page, everyone traveling with us is "managed by" me. However, in practice, I am actually unable to manage all of these people. It sounds to me like I may be experiencing a bug in the system.

Rob562

Rob, this sounds like it makes sense, but here's what I'm dealing with. According to my "Family and Friends" page, everyone traveling with us is "managed by" me. However, in practice, I am actually unable to manage all of these people. It sounds to me like I may be experiencing a bug in the system.

Hmmm... Who is the "owner" of the hotel reservation? (Who submitted the Magic Band selections)

Is it possible that some of the "managed by" profiles are duplicated under two different peoples' accounts?

-Rob

seafoodbuffet

I am totally with you here. CoP is one of my absolute favorites and over the multiple times I saw the show when we were last there (Christmas 2013), I noticed that disturbing discoloration of the poor guy. I chalked it up to lighting though as I noticed it had other issues such as some of the rotating "side rooms" weren't working and during the final entry/exit stage, there were some audio issues (which got fixed on my last viewing of the show).

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Thanks for the updates! My brother just returned and had problems managing accounts in his party of 8 people. With techs from kiosk and phone help he got it worked out so stick with it and you will be ok, hopefully.

On a side note he did mention that with a big group it was almost impossible to get everyone in the same time slot if you change a FP+ selection on day of. He was there during NYE week though so it may have just been the crowds. Good luck and have a great trip! Since there is no sign to remind younow...Don't forget to Let the Memories begin!

JimboJones123

I suspect the other member of your party that can arrange FP+ must have an account if they are able to change their and other member's FP+. Make sure you are "friends" with that person and they allow you to view and share their plans. I suspect you will then be able to change all member's FP+.

It sounds like a pain, but really isn't. Takes a few minutes (can be done online for sure and I imagine the app) and that extra step is needed so you don't change plans of people in your party who don't want you changing things. I don't use facebook, but it sounds like a similar idea in regards to accepting friends and determining what people can see your page.

The last time I tried it, I accidently set up my daughter's name to my AP and it resulted in am ungodly amount of harassment from CMs and over a half hour of convincing guest services that there was a problem.

So, it isn't the most painless thing in the world after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom