SDL Lineup

RandySavage

A Variety article did recently mention It's a Small World. Maybe it's absent so far as they work things out with HKDL. Toy Story is already stepping on their toes as is.
Agree. Would love to see as unique a park as possible, especially from HK - meaning leave IASW out (Sad to see Pooh and Stitch Encounter getting cloned here as well).

Certain groupings of words in the plan can sort of be distinguished, eg. "Pete Pan's Flight", "Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" and "Tron Lightcycles" The grouping on that building doesn't look to me like "It's a Small World" and the building size isn't indicative of IASW either (not quite big enough). It could be a theater, similar to the one found in HKDL (the queues are similar).

It's notably a different colour pathway leading up to it as well from the rest of Fantasyland, so either something has been axed, left off the list or is planned as an attraction to follow park opening.
That may be the case. A long time ago Lee said he saw a rendering that had Everest north of PotC as a first expansion (like ToT was a prepared expansion for DisneySea prior to opening). I've yet to understand how Toy Story can be built before the Nov. 2016 exclusivity agreement with HK... maybe that's the quick expansion Rasulo just referenced.

I assume you are referring to the upper left hand pink building? Clockwise from there I'm guessing 100 acre wood, obviously Snow White, the Castle boat ride (does it wind outside too?), then Peter Pan show building is just below Toy Story.
Yes. Pooh (and the nearby spinner) is easily distinguished as the show-building is shaped the same as its clone in HK and Orlando. I believe most of the Crystal boat ride takes place outdoors in the center of the land (akin to Storybookland Canal Boats) and only enters the castle for the finale. The boarding area is across the path from Pan (I guess).

Another mystery building of decent size is just north-east of Soarin (and mostly off the page). That area was shown as Mayan Temple on one the early birdseye paintings... maybe a future Indiana Jones?

mahnamahna101

Attractions I'm expecting to be added later on:
Indiana Jones E-ticket (probably different ride system and theme)
Star Wars mini-land/possibly Cars Land sized if Episode VII hits it off big
possibly a Marvel attraction (Tomorrowland seems barren lol)
Frozen, Tangled, Giants and Wreck it Ralph all stand a good chance at attractions
Expedition: Everest like stated earlier

PeterAlt

Over in this thread WDW1974 posted a list of the SDL lineup. Thought I would post the whole thing here along with some guesses based on the names as to what each will be. Feel free to discuss and I will update this post if with any changes.

Adventure Isle

(Shop) Adventure Supplies
(Shop) Laughing Monkey Traders
(Shop) Rainbow Frog Trinkets
(Show) Storehouse Stage
(Food) Piranha Bites
(Food) Tribal Table
(Ride) Roaring Rapids
(Ride) Soaring Over the Horizon
(Walk-through) Camp Discovery Challenge Trail
Happy Circle

Fantasyland

(Food) Corner Market
(Food) Merlin's Magic Recipe
(Food) Royal Banquet Hall
(Food) Tangled Tree Tavern
(Food) Troubadour Treats
(Misc Attraction) Enchanted Storybook Castle
(Misc Attraction) Sword in the Stone
(Play Area) Evergreen Playhouse
(Ride) Hunny Pot Spin
(Ride) Peter Pan-s Flight
(Ride) Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
(Ride) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
(Shop) Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
(Shop) Castle Gifts
(Shop) Hundred Acre Goods
(Shop) Mountain Treasures
(Show) Storybook Castle Stage Spectacular
(Walk-through) Alice in Wonderland Maze
(Walk-through) "Once Upon a Time" Adventure
(M&G) Storybook Court
Hundred Acre Wood

VILLAGE COMPLEX

(Food) Chip & Dale's Treehouse Treats
(Food) Fairy Godmother's Cupboard
(Food) Picnic Basket
(Food) Pinocchio Village Kitchen
(Food) Timothy's Treats
(M&G) Meet Mickey and Friends
(Operations) First Aid/Baby Care
(Operations) Tip Board
(Ride) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
(Ride) Fantasia Carousel
(Shop) Be Our Guest Boutique
(Shop) Casey Junior Trinket Train (ODV)
(Shop) Melody Time Gifts
(Shop) Mickey and Minnie's Mercantile
(Show) Westside Performance Venue
(Walk-through) Gardens of Imagination
Carefree Corner
Gazebos
Melody Gardens
Teahouse of the Wandering Moon
Voyage to the Crystal Grotto

LEFT BLOCK

(Food) Club 33
Avenue M Arcade
Il Paperino
Lucky Express

MAIN ENTRANCE PORTAL

(Operations) Lockers
(Food) Mickey & Pals Market Cafe
(Food) Remy's Patisserie
(Show) PORTAL -- Walt Disney Theatre

RIGHT BLOCK

(Food) Sweethearts Confectionary
(Shop) Whistle Stop Shop

Tomorrowland

Well Spring
Alpha, Beta, Gamma
Arena E
(Show) Arena E Stage

CONCOURSE

(Food) Spiral Snacks
(Food) Stargazer Grill
(Food) The Light Stuff (ODV)
(M&G) Meet & Greet
(Operations) First Aid -- Tomorrowland
(Ride) Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue
(Ride) Jet Packs
(Ride) Tron Lightcycles Power Run
(Shop) Intergalactic Imports
(Show) Stitch Encounter
Power Supply
SUPERBLOCK
TRON COVER

Toy Story Land

(Food) Celebration Cafe
(Food) Toy Box Cafe
(M&G) MEET & GREET
(Ride) Rex's Racers
(Ride) Slinky Dog Spin
(Shop) SHOP
(Show) Woody's Roundup

Treasure Cove

(Food) Pintel & Rigetti's Grub to Grab
(Food) The Snackin' Kracken
(Food) Tortuga Treats
(Ride) Explorer Canoes
(Ride) Pirates of the Caribbean -- Battle for the Sunken Treasure
(Shop) Barbossa's Bounty
(Shop) Doubloon Market
(Show) EASTSIDE PERFORMANCE VENUE
(Show) El Teatro Fandango
(Show) Stunt Theater
Jolly Gypsy
Ocean Song
SPARROW'S NEST
Shipwreck Shore
Siren's Revenge
Thanks for posting! No It's a Small World? That's a first. No Space Mountain?

Any idea what the Tron ride is?

RandySavage

^Available info points to Tron Lightcycles being an indoor, Vekoma Motorbike launch coaster.

The hi-res version of the latest artwork shows a little more detail of the Mickey Avenue Area.
4d-garden-02.jpg

The far right building is probably the Parisian Remy's Patisserie. On the far left looks to be the Italian Il Paperino

Last edited:

PeterAlt

^Available info points to Tron Lightcycles being an indoor, Vekoma Motorbike launch coaster.

The hi-res version of the latest artwork shows a little more detail of the Mickey Avenue Area.
4d-garden-02.jpg

The far right building is probably the Parisian Remy's Patisserie. On the far left looks to be the Italian Il Paperino
So, the Tron ride would be this park's Space Mountain, then.

mahnamahna101

Cloning it for EC where WoL is would fit in perfectly for FW as part of a computer pavilion! Think about it! There are indoor coasters at MK and DHS, but not EC - and it would fit in perfectly, next to M:S and TT2.0!

As long as the other two attractions in the pavillion (assuming the 3 attraction format is used) are family-friendly, I don't see why a launched Motorbike coaster would be bad

PeterAlt

As long as the other two attractions in the pavillion (assuming the 3 attraction format is used) are family-friendly, I don't see why a launched Motorbike coaster would be bad
Disney really should listen to people who think like me. I don't know if I could handle being an Imagineer - working several years on a single project that never gets green lit! I would imagine that the WDI model shop is loaded with great ideas that we will probably never get to see... Such a pool of talent that's just being wasted away, with the exception of those who "win the lottery" and actually get something built.

Go to the Imagineering section and read my latest idea "A UFO (Crashed) Landed!" I'm sure someone already proposed something like that, so it's not the Imaginer's fault something like that doesn't exist. It's the people who decide where the money's going. A great idea like that probably just gets drained in a sea of other ideas and the people making these decisions just see cost of building these things and move on to the next one, without trying to imagine the guest experience and seeing proposals for great ideas for the greatness which they are because they've skipped to the next proposal the moment they saw the attached expense.

yeti

I'm curious about how they're going to approach Peter Pan's Flight. Knowing how popular it is might entice them to try something new.

mahnamahna101

Hopefully, Disney intends on adding a major attraction to each land over the 5 years after it opens.

Fantasyland: some sort of E-ticket (Frozen would be perfect if they renamed the boat ride under the castle) but a Mulan attraction as a smaller addition could be cool too!

Adventure Isle: Expedition Everest is an obvious addition and Indiana Jones could be fitted to a Chinese theme. Add both of these and include a brand new Lion King show (honestly, Soarin Over the Horizon should use the Avatar tech to build an Aladdin ride into the Cave of Wonders)

Pirate Cove: Add a Mystic Manor style Pirate themed ride

Toy Story Land: Toy Story Midway Mania is a given althought I'd prefer it never existed :D

Tomorrowland: a PeopleMover 2.0, Star Wars mini-land and a WALL-E attraction would be great

New lands - Villains or Marvel :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom