DVCapp.com- has anyone tried using this app yet?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
I just read about this app today. It is supposed to be able to:

The website DVCapp.com sports a simplistic design but could prove invaluable to Disney Vacation Club members. One of the shortcomings of DVC's online booking feature at DVCMember.com is its inability to search multiple destinations at a time. Members must enter a single resort, villa size and view, along with desired travel dates. Results are displayed for that single inquiry, along with 3 or 4 system-generated alternatives.

DVCapp.com can query dozens of different resort/room combinations--or every single option available--in a single search.

Additionally, those who register on the DVCapp.com website can set-up ongoing searches which will send an email notification when a previously unavailable room opens-up.

It sounds pretty cool, if it works as well as they say it does (it contains a pretty humorous disclaimer). Just wondering if anyone had used it yet and what their experience was.

www.dvcapp.com

dreamfinder

I've used it, but mostly to gauge how long ago something booked up. It seems like he basically queries the DVC database no more than once an hour to see if a given room is available for time frame. So there is obviously a good chance that someone else pounced on a primo room, but its much easier and faster than the official site. Definitely not the end all be all, but easier than calling up member services and asking them to look around and see what is there.

dreamfinder

So this app will keep working until they change the query structure or put some challenge in the way.

Yeah, I'd say thats a fair assumption. I'm basing this off the fact that the results say as of "12/10/13 at 9AM" etc, and that only one resort has 11 month availability, the others are only 7 month, indicating he is querying using his account.

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
I've used it, but mostly to gauge how long ago something booked up. It seems like he basically queries the DVC database no more than once an hour to see if a given room is available for time frame. So there is obviously a good chance that someone else pounced on a primo room, but its much easier and faster than the official site. Definitely not the end all be all, but easier than calling up member services and asking them to look around and see what is there.

Seems like he has a lot of time on his hands. lol.

I do wish the official site allowed you to search multiple resorts at once...it makes the search process so cumbersome. I hate having to call in and speak to someone when it's a task I could easily complete independently.

jeffk410

This has been exactly what I am looking for. I don't like asking DVC members to do it nor do I like using a service since I never want to commit to anything. Hopefully this app stays for a while.

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
It appears that he's back up and running...at least for now.

12/17/2013 Update: My account is fine, and the message I was getting was related to my annual dues. I've re-enabled the script.

Minnie_girl

It appears that he's back up and running...at least for now.
75.gif

12/17/2013 Update: My account is fine, and the message I was getting was related to my annual dues. I've re-enabled the script.

Awesome...

toolsnspools

Chances are they won't figure out that his account is constantly checking for available rooms unless they are having system problems, and even then it may take them a while to match it to his ID. For a system like that, with a closed user base, they probably don't monitor it that closely. I'm guessing that his account information is in the app though, so he'll probably be hacked in the near future.

dreamfinder

Chances are they won't figure out that his account is constantly checking for available rooms unless they are having system problems, and even then it may take them a while to match it to his ID. For a system like that, with a closed user base, they probably don't monitor it that closely. I'm guessing that his account information is in the app though, so he'll probably be hacked in the near future.

Eh, if he is smart, the query routine is completely and totally separate from the user facing search. One populates the DB, the other queries the DB.

Boardwalker

Yes, I like the app. I have been watching BLT and seeing how fast the studios fill up. Hoping for luck in booking for oct. I can't book until April.

Rob562

The one drawback of the site that I've noticed is that it apparently only gives out info up to the 7-month window (most likely because that's all he has access to if he only owns at one property). So if something is booking up by owners at a particular property before the 7-month window, there's no way to see that.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom