Unlink MVMCP ticket from MDE

jheltz27

Original Poster
I had linked our MVMCP tickets to MDE when I first got them back this summer and didn't realize the potential issues associated with linking these type of tickets (specifically that it would potentially use up one of our park days if we arrived after 4 instead of using the party ticket to gain entry). I want to unlink them so this doesn't happen but how do I ensure they are unlinked? I clicked on each card in MDE and "deactivated" each one - it still shows the card along with my 2 MagicBands and 6 Day PH ticket (since it's considered a MagicCard) but it now says "Deactivated" or "OFF" on the mobile app. Is this enough or do I need to call to correct this?

JohnD

You shouldn't have a problem if you use your MVMCP ticket to gain entry after 4. But your issue appears to be that you wouldn't be in another park on that day. So, yeah, if you don't show up during regular hours at MK or at another park on that particular day, then you've just wasted a day on your 4-day ticket. And I definitely wouldn't use your regular ticket to gain entry after 4. You only gain access from 4-7, then CMs will go around the park looking for wrist bands. At which point, you'll have to go back and scan your MVMCP ticket anyway to remain in MK. Not a good use of your 4-day ticket. Visit MK or another park that day instead during regular hours or re-adjust your schedule so that your 4 days are in addition to the party, then use the MVMCP ticket to gain entry any time after 4:00 pm.

Last edited:

Rob562

[Disclaimer: all of this is based on my understanding of how the system is *supposed* to work...]

Once you input the serial number off of a ticket (any ticket), that ticket essentially becomes an e-ticket on your profile. (Theoretically) the original card it was on becomes a linked card to your profile. Deactivating the cards associated with the MVMCP tickets probably isn't enough to unlink them. To do that you'd have to call the Help Desk.

But the way the system is supposed to work when there's multiple tickets on your profile is that you can assign a "priority" to the tickets. This is mostly used when you have things like an AP and a MYW ticket both linked to your profile, where you'd want the system to use the AP as the source of park admission rather than using days off the MYW ticket that you're probably saving for future use.

I'd think that if you put the MVMCP ticket as the *first* in your priority list, it would technically try that one for admission every day, fail, and then go to your second option your MYW ticket. But I would call the Help Desk to make sure.
You could also leave the MVMCP ticket as not in the #1 spot and then change its priority on the day you go to the Party.

-Rob

JohnD

I realize this is "old school" but all you need to do is print out the ticket. Take the hard copy with you. They'll scan in the bar code. No worries about the order tickets are in via Magic Band, MDE, etc. Hopefully, you saved your confirmation email. Open that up. There will be a PDF attached. Open it up to print out your ticket.

Last edited:

jheltz27

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the advice. I'm going to call the Help Desk to make sure. Unless I'm just missing it, I'm not seeing an option to prioritize a ticket in MDE. Where would that be at? And yes, we only plan on going to the MK that day at 4 PM for early entry to the party. The rest of the day is a rest/pool day. My kids have 7 day PH so it wouldn't be an issue for theirs but my wife & I only have 6 day PHs once we decided to buy the MVMCP tix.

JohnD

Thanks for all of the advice. I'm going to call the Help Desk to make sure. Unless I'm just missing it, I'm not seeing an option to prioritize a ticket in MDE. Where would that be at? And yes, we only plan on going to the MK that day at 4 PM for early entry to the party. The rest of the day is a rest/pool day. My kids have 7 day PH so it wouldn't be an issue for theirs but my wife & I only have 6 day PHs once we decided to buy the MVMCP tix.

Completely understand the need for rest, particuarly when with a whole family. Everyone will be a lot happier. Regardless, make sure to take hard copies of your MVMCP tickets with you. Then have those scanned in when you enter 4:00 pm or later. I can't suggest anything else regarding not using one of your days on your multi-day park hopper tickets. Clearly, a decision to rest instead of going to a park is definitely an important decision to make.

jheltz27

Original Poster
Completely understand the need for rest, particuarly when with a whole family. Everyone will be a lot happier. Regardless, make sure to take hard copies of your MVMCP tickets with you. Then have those scanned in when you enter 4:00 pm or later. I can't suggest anything else regarding not using one of your days on your multi-day park hopper tickets. Clearly, a decision to rest instead of going to a park is definitely an important decision to make.
Oh I'm definitely bringing all of the actual tickets with us with all of this testing. Our 2 tickets I purchased for our kids early on (well before the price increase - I think I bought in February) aren't even the new versions with the RFID chip. Even though all of our Park Hoppers and MVMCP tix show up in the MDE profile, I am still planning on bringing the actual tickets with us. Wish I didn't have to but better safe than sorry. I did notice that even before I deactivated the MVMCP tickets that they showed up listed after my 2 Magic Bands and 1 MagicCard (my PH ticket) under my profile and also in the list of all of our ticket reservations. I just didn't see a specific spot to give it a priority.

raugust

If you purchased the MVMCP tickets in the summer, didn't you receive the festive plastic admission tickets?
Would not that be sufficient enough to gain entry and not use your "magic bands" as the source of entry and therefore gain the requisite party wrist band? I hope so, 'cause I am in a similar situation, 'cepting that we have park hoppers.

jheltz27

Original Poster
If you purchased the MVMCP tickets in the summer, didn't you receive the festive plastic admission tickets?
Would not that be sufficient enough to gain entry and not use your "magic bands" as the source of entry and therefore gain the requisite party wrist band? I hope so, 'cause I am in a similar situation, 'cepting that we have park hoppers.
Yes, they are the new green colored plastic tickets with the RFID chip embedded. I will use those that day as we enter the park instead of the MagicBands but wanted to make sure that already linking them wouldn't screw things up. My recently purchased MYW with PH tixs are the same design. The ones from February are not.

raugust

Yes, they are the new green colored plastic tickets with the RFID chip embedded. I will use those that day as we enter the park instead of the MagicBands but wanted to make sure that already linking them wouldn't screw things up. My recently purchased MYW with PH tixs are the same design. The ones from February are not.

Hmmmm, mine have Mickey's Minnie's and Goofy's on them, but, I purchased them in May, when they first went on sale, and before this fast pass + thingie was instituted. I hope that doesn't foul things up even more :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

stevehousse

I heard that for those people who had linked their party tickets to the band, the cms would ask for your hard tickets to scan because they are aware of a glitch that was happening with the bands and the party tickets during MNSSHP. Take your tickets with you no matter what type of ticket media you have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom