Anyone else having trouble linking UT tickets to MDE?

Jeffxz

I'll wait until Sunday/Monday to call. It will be my 3rd call for this particular issue. I don't want to be one of "those" callers who makes people :rolleyes:, but as the trip gets closer I get a bit antsy as things are not resolved.

At least my sister has her Fastpass+ times. It's her first visit since '82 and she has a lot to catch up on. :)

I called again earlier today and talked to a very helpful cm. As soon as I mentioned that they were undercover tourist tickets he seemed to know exactly what the problem was. He took down my information and explained that they have a new team setup to deal with these issues. He put me on hold for about five minutes while he contacted them. He came back and said that it was going to take a little longer than expected, but that it should be fixed today and that someone would call me back as soon as the issue was resolved. I received a call about 45 minutes later from a different cm who said the problem was fixed, and that she had copied the fast passes from the accounts that were working. I was able to login and see everything on the app now.

So if anyone is still having trouble, I would recommend calling in again and make sure to mention they are undercover tourist tickets.

Rogue21

I called again earlier today and talked to a very helpful cm. As soon as I mentioned that they were undercover tourist tickets he seemed to know exactly what the problem was. He took down my information and explained that they have a new team setup to deal with these issues. He put me on hold for about five minutes while he contacted them. He came back and said that it was going to take a little longer than expected, but that it should be fixed today and that someone would call me back as soon as the issue was resolved. I received a call about 45 minutes later from a different cm who said the problem was fixed, and that she had copied the fast passes from the accounts that were working. I was able to login and see everything on the app now.

So if anyone is still having trouble, I would recommend calling in again and make sure to mention they are undercover tourist tickets.

Good to know! I'm going to call tomorrow and, hopefully, get everything straightened out. Thanks for the update! :)

SteveAZee

This is interesting. I emailed UT to ask if they had heard of this problem, and they said that all the tickets they sell are printed by DIsney. For me, I see my tickets attached to MDE in some places, but not in others. I'd be interested in knowing what number you called to correct the UT tickets and see if I'm having the same issue and whether or not they can correct it. Thanks!

Rogue21

I'd be interested in knowing what number you called to correct the UT tickets and see if I'm having the same issue and whether or not they can correct it. Thanks!

It appears that the 3rd time IS the charm! I got a very nice CM on the phone and he was able to have someone find/fix my issue with my ticket and it not showing up in the Fastpass+ section of MDE. He then waited patiently as I copied all my Fastpass+ times from my sisters card to mine. I am much relieved! :joyfull:

The number that appeared when I got the initial error of not having valid park admission was 407-939-4357.
Good luck!

SteveAZee

Just had a good chat with support person at 407-939-4357. I was amazed at how quickly I reached an actual human.. though she said that they're fielding LOTS of calls.

I was asking specifically why I can't book my FastPass+ attractions... was it because I'm staying at OKW and it doesn't kick in there until October 14th (I check in Nov 15)? Is/was there a bug in the system, and/or have I done something wrong? I pointed out that it seems a number of people are booking their FP+ 60 days in advance.

A summary of her response:
- FP+ and the whole system is still very much in Beta (testing) and they have many problems.
- People have indeed been swamping the system and have been able to book without being 'invited' to the testing process... causing the system to either crash or shut down due to too much activity.
- They have now set a 28 day window for setting up FP+, and that will only happen IF you receive a written or mailed invitation into the system.
- I suggested that they add messaging to the MDE that informs people of this (28 day window, invite only), since they are getting swamped with calls (like mine) to figure out what's going on.

Anyway, I'll wait until Monday (Oct 14th) to see if the OKW 'turn on' makes a difference, and if there's still an issue, I'll check at 28 days out and see if things work.

SteveAZee

Just had a good chat with support person at 407-939-4357. I was amazed at how quickly I reached an actual human.. though she said that they're fielding LOTS of calls.

I was asking specifically why I can't book my FastPass+ attractions... was it because I'm staying at OKW and it doesn't kick in there until October 14th (I check in Nov 15)? Is/was there a bug in the system, and/or have I done something wrong? I pointed out that it seems a number of people are booking their FP+ 60 days in advance.

A summary of her response:
- FP+ and the whole system is still very much in Beta (testing) and they have many problems.
- People have indeed been swamping the system and have been able to book without being 'invited' to the testing process... causing the system to either crash or shut down due to too much activity.
- They have now set a 28 day window for setting up FP+, and that will only happen IF you receive a written or mailed invitation into the system.
- I suggested that they add messaging to the MDE that informs people of this (28 day window, invite only), since they are getting swamped with calls (like mine) to figure out what's going on.

Anyway, I'll wait until Monday (Oct 14th) to see if the OKW 'turn on' makes a difference, and if there's still an issue, I'll check at 28 days out and see if things work.

As a follow up, I tried and failed all week to set up FP+. I waited until today (Friday, 28 days before my arrival) to call in, and the CM said "well, if you haven't received a letter or email, you won't be getting invited to be a part of the test". I said, does that mean only some people staying at OKW while I'm there will be part of the test? "Yes". Does that mean if I haven't received an email, then I won't ever be part of the test? "Yes". Bummer.

I check my email later and there's the invite to join the test. Yay! I follow the steps, and.... STILL can't set up FP+ or order magic bands. I call AGAIN and they say "Yeah, we're having technical issues, though we should have it resolved soon. I'll escalate your bug report and someone should look at it within the week".

SIGH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom