Authorized Disney Travel Agents

ExtinctJenn

What Authorized Disney Travel Agents do you use and why?

Have you ever had a bad experience with one?

What are your thoughts on the commission TAs receive?

Do you feel pressured to book through them once you've contacted one?

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I used Kingdom Konsultants for about 2-3 years prior to working for them and continue to use them now that I am no longer with the company.

I have never had a problem with KK.

The agents are doing work, sometimes a very disproportionate amount of work relative to their commision, and I have no issue with Disney paying them for it. They earn every dime.

I do a little, but that is true with pretty much everything I do. If I go to Best Buy and a salesman puts in a ton of time with me and helps me make a decision on a new TV, camera, etc I feel buying from them is the honorable thing to do.

Upvote 0

dkosdros

I am currently using Kingdom Konsultants with making our cruise arrangements for my family as well as 23 other guests that are joining us on a Disney cruise for our wedding. Not one single complain from anyone thus far. It has been a breeze for us and a lot less stressful knowing all our guests will be taken care of and no pressure is on us.

They deserve the commission that they get. I don't think Disney would have been as quick to respond to our questions and I feel the come with an unbiased answer sometimes on where you can save. If it was just Disney doing the arrangements well everything would be Disney and Disney prices. Going through a travel agent gives you flexibility to book transportation through one, hotel through another, and so on.

I didn't feel any pressure at all. They know what they are doing and it didn't cost me a penny so why would I not use their service?!?! It is a no brainer.

Upvote 0

TAMarie

I've used Castle Dreams Travel because of their quick responses and personalized service. They listen to what your family wants and needs, and dont try to book a one size fits all vacation. I became an independent agent for them, and I can say with all my heart that most agents put in a lot of time for their commissions. For every person who contacts me for a quote, a small % actually book. So the commission earned is low compared to hours worked. But its fun work! Also, Agencies often offer promotions on top of Disney's discounts.

Upvote 0

kfergdisney

I have a dear friend who started Simply Magical Vacations. I love Disney so much, I started working for her! I agree with TAMarie, the agents do spend quality time with their computer doing quotes and research, but not very many customers book. The commission is low but it IS a lot of fun work!

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I've used Castle Dreams Travel because of their quick responses and personalized service. They listen to what your family wants and needs, and dont try to book a one size fits all vacation. I became an independent agent for them, and I can say with all my heart that most agents put in a lot of time for their commissions. For every person who contacts me for a quote, a small % actually book. So the commission earned is low compared to hours worked. But its fun work! Also, Agencies often offer promotions on top of Disney's discounts.
So I've got to ask you... that larger percentage of folks who contact you for a quote and then don't book through you... do you take that personally? If it was a friend/family member would you be upset with them for making the decision to book through Disney instead (for whatever reason)? I know that sounds like a leading question but it's not intended to be. I'm very curious if when you have the option to mix business with family/friends, does it ever go badly for you?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So I've got to ask you... that larger percentage of folks who contact you for a quote and then don't book through you... do you take that personally? If it was a friend/family member would you be upset with them for making the decision to book through Disney instead (for whatever reason)? I know that sounds like a leading question but it's not intended to be. I'm very curious if when you have the option to mix business with family/friends, does it ever go badly for you?
I am sure some do, but you really can't take it personally. It is simply part of the business that you must learn to deal with.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

the agents do spend quality time with their computer doing quotes and research, but not very many customers book.

This is usually a symptom of using web forms and email only. There are many ways to increase your closing rate, like using more phone contact. Members of my team have increased their closing rate tremendously by using different methods.

You may also need to work on your sales methods and techniques - if you are just spitting back quotes, how are you differentiating yourself from Disney?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LuLaSue

You are correct - DCL and ABD can increase based on yearly revenue. WDW and DLR are a fairly standard industry percentage though, with other suppliers, such as car rentals, even being lower.

I wasn't considering car rentals and such, I see what you are saying. There are other vendors you can earn anywhere from 12 to 18% on bookings with less work than a Disney Vacation. Just saying Disney TA's work very hard for the percentage they earn. Granted, when you love what your doing and you do it well, it all adds up! :)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

What are your thoughts on the commission going to them vs. back into Disney's pockets?

Don't kid yourself here, Disney is still making money when an agent books a trip.

The client should get much more personal service with an agency than they get by calling a call center with hundreds of Cast Members; you could call that center and never get the same person twice, working with an agency, you should always be able to get the same agent.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Don't kid yourself here, Disney is still making money when an agent books a trip.
Ohhhh yes yes that I do know but I also know that the same trip booked through an agent costs (exactly to the penny) the same as when booked through Disney so ultimately it's "less" into Disney's pockets. :D

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ohhhh yes yes that I do know but I also know that the same trip booked through an agent costs (exactly to the penny) the same as when booked through Disney so ultimately it's "less" into Disney's pockets. :D
Yes an no. Even if an agent uses the call center to book, we are in and out quick because we know what we are doing. We are also much better at selling upgrades than your typical CM over the phone is.

I have no doubt that Disney has the numbers supporting that their commission given to TAs is money well spent. If Disney was losing a dime, they would shut of the faucet in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Yes an no. Even if an agent uses the call center to book, we are in and out quick because we know what we are doing. We are also much better at selling upgrades than your typical CM over the phone is.

I have no doubt that Disney has the numbers supporting that their commission given to TAs is money well spent. If Disney was losing a dime, they would shut of the faucet in a heartbeat.
Well in my single experience it was identical to the penny between what I was quoted by my TA and what I was quoted by Disney and the TA explained that essentially a percentage of the total went to her if I used her but if not that percentage was just in Disney's pockets.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Well in my single experience it was identical to the penny between what I was quoted by my TA and what I was quoted by Disney and the TA explained that essentially a percentage of the total went to her if I used her but if not that percentage was just in Disney's pockets.
You're only thinking single transaction and not the big picture. Think of time and labor and many phone calls etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom