2013 Half Marathon Course

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
I notice they still haven't posted the course for the 2013 Half Marathon. Is it likely that they would change it from last year's course?

a2grafix

Which half marathon course are you referring to? The 2013 Disneyland Half course is slightly changed from 2012 due to construction. The course was posted a few weeks ago on runDisney.com.

There is also the WDW Wine and Dine Half course, which will likely be the same (course posted in early October). There's the Tinkerbell (Disneyland) and Princess (WDW) half courses in 2014. And then there is the 2014 Walt Disney World half marathon course in January, which will be posted in December.

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
Which half marathon course are you referring to? The 2013 Disneyland Half course is slightly changed from 2012 due to construction. The course was posted a few weeks ago on runDisney.com.

There is also the WDW Wine and Dine Half course, which will likely be the same (course posted in early October). There's the Tinkerbell (Disneyland) and Princess (WDW) half courses in 2014. And then there is the 2014 Walt Disney World half marathon course in January, which will be posted in December.

Sorry, I posted that too quickly. I'm talking about the 2013 WDW marathon weekend half marathon.

Ariel484

They almost surely won't change that one...I'd be shocked if they did. If you google the 2013 course that should be it - starts near Epcot, goes to and through Magic Kingdom, back to Epcot through Future World to the finish. The Princess Half course is exactly the same.

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
They almost surely won't change that one...I'd be shocked if they did. If you google the 2013 course that should be it - starts near Epcot, goes to and through Magic Kingdom, back to Epcot through Future World to the finish. The Princess Half course is exactly the same.

I figured it would be the same as previous years. I just thought it was odd that they have it listed as coming soon on the website. Odd...

dreamfinder

I figured it would be the same as previous years. I just thought it was odd that they have it listed as coming soon on the website. Odd...

It takes them a while to update the PDF with the new logo.

But seriously, with the amount of construction that goes on at WDW, I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't get confirmation earlier than like 3 months out, of what would be worked on. So even though they are expecting it to be the same, RCID, or whomever may not say "Yes, it will work" until a certain date. Or, they just want us to keep checking back in on a regular basis.

Ariel484

Lately it seems like they've been taking awhile to get the course maps up on runDisney.com (for example, the Wine & Dine half is in November and there's no map for that one up yet. Ditto to the Happy Haunted 5K which is in October). It's weird. They pretty rarely change the courses though. :)

AUPr8Hd

In a way, I wish they WOULD change the courses up from race to race, even just a little.

There is a link on the USATF certification site that had a newer half certified course listed. But, it was under Princess and had no part of the run in MK. It's the first one in this link: Disney Half

Ariel484

In a way, I wish they WOULD change the courses up from race to race, even just a little.

There is a link on the USATF certification site that had a newer half certified course listed. But, it was under Princess and had no part of the run in MK. It's the first one in this link: Disney Half
Yeah, I wish the Disney Half and Princess Half courses were a little different...but I guess they found something that works and just want to go with it. I think if they took out the Magic Kingdom portion there would be an uproar. The races would still sell out though, they always do.

The course that has no MK portion in the USATF link...is that the second half of the marathon relay from 2012? It looks similar.

Mad Stitch

I like that course. I would rather run that than the traditional half. It's similar to the W&D course.

JillC LI

Agreed - 3 parks! The traditional course is in Epcot for...like...a second.

That is interesting. The NYC Marathon hits all 5 boroughs, but you're only in the Bronx for about 1 mile. And you're only on Staten Island at the Starting Line before getting onto the Verrazzano Bridge into Brooklyn.

dreamfinder

This was certified back in 2008. It might have been an alternative course for Princess that they just never used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom