Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FigmentJedi

Don't even need to go "What If?" Ever heard of Murderworld? It's a theme park filled with death traps.
And that's what they should have done for Halloween Horror Nights all those years ago instead of Maximum Carnage. Arcade takes over the island and now you and the super heroes have to try and survive the night.

The Empress Lilly

I just think its a fun/lazily done rollercoaster for a Theme Park.
It depends on what one is trying to achieve. For a Six Flags, the Hulk would be an amazingly themed coaster. For a Disney Park, it would be a slap in the face and the definitive bankruptcy of Disney theme.

Fo UNI, judged within the sensitivities of IoA, the Hulk is a fine looking coaster. It exudes excitement, big thrill, show with a capital S. It does what it tries to achieve very well.
From there, it is all a matter of personal preference. To each their own!

Last edited:

nytimez

I am at this point actually a little worried about WDW's survival.

I'm not concerned about its survival. But I am concerned about its relevance, specifically its ability to speak to those of us who expect... well... seems like we all have different expectations in many ways, but none of them have been met lately.

EDIT to add: Empress just said what I was trying to say, far better than I did.

Last edited:

GLaDOS

Some Disney fans will never understand that other Disney fans actually like seeing roller coasters in our theme parks. I have loved theme park coasters since I first laid eyes on The Loch Ness Monster.

There's nothing quite as beautiful as Nessie's interlocking looks over the Rhine River. Pure theme park beauty.

The Empress Lilly

Aha! I see!

Lips sealed. For now.
Turned out there was no funding forthcoming for any of those ambitious projects, innit?
Shame, some good plans floating about, that would really revitalise WDW. But they're not going to make it off the drawing board. At least not in any ambitious form, which defeats their purpose and got us back to the start.

Come on, just nod if my grapevine is correct! :cool:

ctxak98

It depends on what one is trying to achieve. For a Six Flags, the Hulk would be an amazingly themed coaster. For a Disney Park, it would be a slap in the face and the definitive bankruptcy of Disney theme.

Fo UNI, judged within the sensitivities of IoA, the Hulk is a fine looking coaster. It exudes excitement, big thrill, show with a capital S. It does what it tries to achieve very well.
I can agree with you here. I think everyone took my initial post WAYYYY too far, so I just ran with it. I don't really think the coaster is ugly, just could have been better. I think everyone here is over-hyping the beauty of it though.

Anyways....Does anyone know major details on the Jurassic park expansion???

GLaDOS

I just feel if you are going to create a ride around a specific character that yes you do put in some effort and thought to the story and theme. Instead we got a rollercoaster called the hulk, that has little to actually do with the hulk. A fun ride that makes no sense! that's my point!

Wrong. There is thought to the story and theme. We are a group of volunteers that are there to help Bruce Banner perform an experiment that will cure him of the Hulk. However, something goes wrong during the test (just like most theme park attractions) and we are transformed into versions of the Hulk and go on a rampage. The roar of the coaster as it flies along the track is actually us

choco choco

Let me guess, I bet you think Soarin' is amazing? While I can't speak for the quality of USH, All of these rides are better than Soarin'.

This isn't like picking a favorite child, I don't have to take sides. I'm only saying I hope Uni isn't the standard for screen based attractions, because they are as unimpressive as they come.

Disneyhead'71

I can agree with you here. I think everyone took my initial post WAYYYY too far, so I just ran with it. I don't really think the coaster is ugly, just could have been better. I think everyone here is over-hyping the beauty of it though.

Anyways....Does anyone know major details on the Jurassic park expansion???
I will say that I don't think Dueling Dragon/Dragon Challenge is nearly as pretty as The Hulk. But I think both The Hulk and Manta are well themed, beautiful "Big Boy" coasters.

GLaDOS

This isn't like picking a favorite child, I don't have to take sides. I'm only saying I hope Uni isn't the standard for screen based attractions, because they are as unimpressive as they come.

I'd really like to know what you call impressive...

ctxak98

Wrong. There is thought to the story and theme. We are a group of volunteers that are there to help Bruce Banner perform an experiment that will cure him of the Hulk. However, something goes wrong during the test (just like most theme park attractions) and we are transformed into versions of the Hulk and go on a rampage. The roar of the coaster as it flies along the track is actually us
no need to come off mean. Based on the queue itself, I never understood that story so thanks for clarifying it for me. But to me the issue is still the outside open track. I am sorry but you will not convince me that its better then a ride through a show building with AA figures and physical elements! now I am really done

ctxak98

I will say that I don't think Dueling Dragon/Dragon Challenge is nearly as pretty as The Hulk. But I think both The Hulk and Manta are well themed, beautiful "Big Boy" coasters.
I agree they look better then dueling dagons but for me its still and outdoor coaster with huge metal posts and tracks going every direction.

Lee

Adventurer
the ride itself is a thrill, and somewhat fun until the end where it bangs your head! but yes....there is no denying its poorly themed to the hulk. Just give it up. because this is so beautiful to look at!
incredible-hulk.jpg

Ahhhh...gotta love those grey supports and green track. Gotta make sure I get my picture infront of that masterpiece! :rolleyes:
Since were throwing opinions around, I think it''s absolutely gorgeous.

I also wish Manta was at Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom