$20million upgrade to fireworks?

IWantMyMagicBand

Original Poster
So, I saw my travel agent today who said that a journo he knows has just come back from WDW and said there is a $20million investment going into a firework show next year? Anyone know of this? I said I was on here everyday and haven't heard a thing, only about the Festival Fantasy Parade etc. He also said Animal Kingdom Lodge getting lots of complaints due to bad housekeeping?

doctornick

A new version of IllumiNations is rumored to be coming. I'll be chaining myself to Epcot's gates in protest.

Is there a particular reason you think it would be worse or just a general skepticism? We always see a lot of criticism here about WDW's entertainment being "stale" and not changing as often as other Disney parks, so I would think that a new show might be viewed by some as a good thing.

TEAM Dasia

Just like the long rumored entertainment overhaul of WDW,for Example Festival of Fantasy it took a year to announce and Illuminations renewal and the last piece of the puzzle is Fantasmic 2.0 in Hollywood Studios.and we didnt even expect a rumor about a new fireworks show in the magic kingdom or the new nighttime entertainment in animal kingdom.my point is the rumors (well some of it)might come to reality in the future maybe they just dont want to announce it yet.

stevehousse

There has been talk about a new nighttime fireworks to replace wishes for a couple years...

I would love for a world of color type show to come to WDW, but I don't know where it could go? AK, but they woul have to remove a good amount of foliage and fix the "river" so it isn't a swamp anymore. No room in MK, Epcot is a good candidate, but I don't think it would work like illuminations because you can really only view it from one side, unlike illuminations where it is a 260 view. It would most definitely work at DHS, but I like Fantasmic too much to see it go...

Will be interesting to see what they come up with!

mickeysbrother

$20 mil for fireworks? These must be the same people estimating nextgen at 3.5bil+

Not really... Fireworks do cost a lot of money and disney does this 365 days a year with special new years fireworks. 20 mil is actually a good price for that many fire works and new tubes and whatever else they are wanting to change. When i read it i thought that was a really good price. They make that in a week anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom