What are you playing?

Matt7187

Glad to hear you liked it. I finally got around to completely it and the story did pick up a bit near the end. I give it a 7/10, definitely don't think it deserves the hype gamers are giving it though.
Only about 1/5 of the way through. I spend a lot of time outside in the summer, so that means less time, and also NCAA football just came out, so that will steal some time

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
@WED99 one thing if you get BL2. There is a sort of reward program called "shift codes". These are 5x5 codes that are given out for free that will give you golden keys for accessing special weapons as well as weapons themselves, skins, etc. You want, dare I say need these codes. They come out through multiple sources like facebook and twitter, but an Android app just cam out that aggregates all of those sources and will give you alerts on the phone. Just search "borderlands 2 shift codes" in the Google Play store and it should come up. They also have a facebook page called "Borderlands 2 shift codes".

WED99

@WED99 one thing if you get BL2. There is a sort of reward program called "shift codes". These are 5x5 codes that are given out for free that will give you golden keys for accessing special weapons as well as weapons themselves, skins, etc. You want, dare I say need these codes. They come out through multiple sources like facebook and twitter, but an Android app just cam out that aggregates all of those sources and will give you alerts on the phone. Just search "borderlands 2 shift codes" in the Google Play store and it should come up. They also have a facebook page called "Borderlands 2 shift codes".
I'll look into it more, thanks for that. I have an iPhone so I guess I'll have to stick with the FB page. I'm getting excited for this now :D

PUSH

Only about 1/5 of the way through. I spend a lot of time outside in the summer, so that means less time, and also NCAA football just came out, so that will steal some time

I got NCAA 14 yesterday. I've finished a season in dynasty mode with Georgia Tech already, and I'm two games into my second season.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Played through The Last of Us.

In my best Harry Carry..."HOLY COW"!!!

What a game, it totally lives up to the hype.

Jimmy Thick- Great ending!!!

WED99

Played through The Last of Us.

In my best Harry Carry..."HOLY COW"!!!

What a game, it totally lives up to the hype.

Jimmy Thick- Great ending!!!

The ending was a let down to me. I'll try not to reveal too much for those who haven't played yet. I get it was all open ended and left a lot to the player but I prefer more unexpected and shocking endings like Red Dead Redemption.

Sped2424

Borderlands is one of the most awesome games I have ever played. I got into BL1 on the 360 about 3-4 months before BL2 launched. I originally had no interest in it as I am not a fan of sandbox style games with inventory management, skill trees, etc. I typically go for the simple FPS games with a deep story like Halo, COD, Bioshock, Half Life, etc. However, I kept hearing how great BL1 was over and over again and just broke down and picked up a used copy of BL1. I preordered BL2 the next day.

From a technical standpoint it is a great FPS. The cell shaded almost comic book style look is great. I thought it would make the game feel cartoonish, but I was wrong. Inventory management is pretty easy even though there are literally hundreds of thousands of different guns, shields, grenades, etc.

The game is pretty simple from a story standpoint, but the humor is dark, yet silly and almost on par with Portal.

The season pass with all 4 DLCs is well worth the $30 I paid for it. The first three are pretty basic add on campaigns, but the final one, Tina Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep, is worth the $30 by itself. From what the publisher is saying, the 4th DLC is larger than the other 3 combined in every respect and the story is a hoot especially if you played D&D or role playing games like it in the past.

In all probability I will be playing BL2 for years to come, or at least until they come out with BL3 as there are a total of 6 character classes and I have yet to max out my first character.

I play it on PC, but this choice was mainly due to the fact that I can get on my PC much easier than my 360. My 360 is in the living room and I have to kick the wife and kids out if I am playing on it. This is no big deal for an 8 hour single player campaign, but is next to impossible for a game like BL2 that you can easily put hundreds of hours into. No one else in the house uses my desktop so I can play almost anytime I want.

That writing in that game is hilarious, tiny tina is honestly one of my favorite characters in existence.

Sped2424

The ending was a let down to me. I'll try not to reveal too much for those who haven't played yet. I get it was all open ended and left a lot to the player but I prefer more unexpected and shocking endings like Red Dead Redemption.

I thought the ending really matched the tone of the rest of the game really and I guess maybe they left it open in case any sequels were to happen, however in all honesty I think I might prefer that the story ends here just because it would be that much better.

erasure fan1

Well, I finished my play through of Arkham City and it was very good. I can't decide if I like asylum or city better. I think I have to give it to city as I like the ambiance a bit better. So I had nothing to play so I broke out Dark Souls (only tried it once and had it since release) and thought I will give it a whirl. The box says prepare to die! Thats no joke, I played for about 9hrs and died more in the first 2hrs than in any game in its entirety, EVER. :banghead: I really don't see how people give this game such good reviews. I can deal with hard, but when you couple that with frustrating mechanics and crazy cheap shots, it's just no fun. Its a shame because the world is pretty cool and the game had potential. If extremely frustrating action RPGs are your thing than pick it up, if not, stay far far away or you may end up with your controller through your TV. Anyone else played it? Well now time to find something else to play, I'm throwing in the towel.:eek:

WED99

I've heard bad things about Dark Souls. I hate difficult games, I prefer easier experiences that have a more cinematic feel.

Matt7187

The general buzz on Dark Souls is to by extra controllers because you are guaranteed to put at least one through the wall.
I hate to say that has happened to me once, but not on this game. :facepalm:

But of course, not "through" the wall, just at it. Haha

Last edited:

erasure fan1

The general buzz on Dark Souls is to buy extra controllers because you are guaranteed to put at least one through the wall.
I was within an inch of doing that (literally), so that is why I stopped playing. The game is absolutely ridiculous how frustratingly hard it is. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I've heard bad things about Dark Souls. I hate difficult games, I prefer easier experiences that have a more cinematic feel.
You would hate dark souls then. It's almost worth a try just to see how bad it is. The tutorial boss kicked my butt about 6 or 7 times before I beat it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom