Purchasing Disney Signage for the home.

FigmentFollower

Original Poster
I know I read something last week online, about how Disney was going to start selling placards from the parks for Disney Fans to bring home with them. I think it was going to be sold in DHS and Art of Disney store in DTD. However, when I wanted to show my husband the link and the artwork, I couldn't find the information. I am hoping someone here has also seen this or knows where I can find this information out. I would greatly appreciate it.

FigmentFollower

Original Poster
They have an article on the Disney Parks Blog..http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...tage-signage-program-arrives-at-disney-parks/

It says They will be sold at the Art of Disney Stores and there are no Immediate plans to sell them online..

Thanks :) I was searching all last night and couldn't find it. The next question I am wondering, is of course, how much they are charging for these pieces LOL ? My husband noticed that the price was conveniently cropped out of the photo.

FigmentFollower

Original Poster
The Tiki Room one looks really cute!!

It says that they're all about $150, but the Gaston's Tavern one is $65.
That is a lot more than what I was thinking about spending. I really like the vintage look to them. Oh well, guess I will have to start saving more. Thanks for the information.

ddbowdoin

Think about the true price of art though, the signage is a very good price for their quality and the for the fact that they're self contained items. If you've ever purchased a print from WDW for 50 dollars you've surely experienced the 350 dollar custom frame bill when you come home. Look at it that way...

ddbowdoin

Think about the true price of art though, the signage is a very good price for their quality and the for the fact that they're self contained items. If you've ever purchased a print from WDW for 50 dollars you've surely experienced the 350 dollar custom frame bill when you come home. Look at it that way...

@MOXOMUMD here you see my D23 cert, prints of the trains.... that was about 400 dollars in custom framing. Just some perspective on the 165 charge for the tin signs.

9272213894_3356e4786e_h.jpg

sweetpee_1993

That is a lot more than what I was thinking about spending. I really like the vintage look to them. Oh well, guess I will have to start saving more. Thanks for the information.
Find the artwork you like online. Print it on photo paper. Apply the printed artwork to a piece or pieces of wood as per numerous tutorials all over the web (YouTube, Pinterest). Seal then distress with some steel wool or a sanding block. You can also brush on a faux patina prior to distressing or after. Voila! Same thing. You saved a lot of $$.

WV_Jayola

It is my plan to purchase both the Gaston's Tavern one and the Aloha Isle one assuming that they are both available come this November....

Cmdr_Crimson

WISH I had that luxury!

I wish that too..I live in Chicago....And when I go to Orlando and head to the Character warehouse at the Premium Outlet on South Vineland they sometimes will have some decent merchandise at a lower price..I was reading on another site that they said the signs upclose have a pixelated low quality look..
07-22-13-IMG_7117.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom