What are you playing?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Whats your current game of choice? Drop the title or drop the title and a little description about your progress.

Right now Iam playing Torchlight, which was free for a day at GoG. Nice, polished Diablo clone.

MOXOMUMD

Batman arkham city, not real far at the moment. I was interrupted by our trip to Disney so now that I am back I can start it back up.
My nephew is currently engrossed in this game. I think he comes out of his room to eat and take a leak and that's about it. :) Aah the life of a teenager on summer break.

Zman-ks

I just picked up INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us. I can't wait to start that game. :)

75.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sill playing Borderlands 2. I am still trying to max out my Commando (currently level 56). How people have level 62 characters in every character class is beyond me as I have been with this same guy since launch.

erasure fan1

Sill playing Borderlands 2. I am still trying to max out my Commando (currently level 56). How people have level 62 characters in every character class is beyond me as I have been with this same guy since launch.
Yea I sometimes wonder that myself. Thats happened to me on few games, at least it makes me feel better that there are crazier people than I. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yea I sometimes wonder that myself. Thats happened to me on few games, at least it makes me feel better that there are crazier people than I. :D

If I had an Infinity pistol I know a location that I could farm XP by rubber banding my controller, but they are hard to come by since the Doc Mercy bug popped up.

WED99

Can you tell me wether or not this is worth buying? I need something to play after I finish Max Payne 3 and I liked the look of some of the DLC.

Also, do you have it on PC or console?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can you tell me wether or not this is worth buying? I need something to play after I finish Max Payne 3 and I liked the look of some of the DLC.

Also, do you have it on PC or console?

Borderlands is one of the most awesome games I have ever played. I got into BL1 on the 360 about 3-4 months before BL2 launched. I originally had no interest in it as I am not a fan of sandbox style games with inventory management, skill trees, etc. I typically go for the simple FPS games with a deep story like Halo, COD, Bioshock, Half Life, etc. However, I kept hearing how great BL1 was over and over again and just broke down and picked up a used copy of BL1. I preordered BL2 the next day.

From a technical standpoint it is a great FPS. The cell shaded almost comic book style look is great. I thought it would make the game feel cartoonish, but I was wrong. Inventory management is pretty easy even though there are literally hundreds of thousands of different guns, shields, grenades, etc.

The game is pretty simple from a story standpoint, but the humor is dark, yet silly and almost on par with Portal.

The season pass with all 4 DLCs is well worth the $30 I paid for it. The first three are pretty basic add on campaigns, but the final one, Tina Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep, is worth the $30 by itself. From what the publisher is saying, the 4th DLC is larger than the other 3 combined in every respect and the story is a hoot especially if you played D&D or role playing games like it in the past.

In all probability I will be playing BL2 for years to come, or at least until they come out with BL3 as there are a total of 6 character classes and I have yet to max out my first character.

I play it on PC, but this choice was mainly due to the fact that I can get on my PC much easier than my 360. My 360 is in the living room and I have to kick the wife and kids out if I am playing on it. This is no big deal for an 8 hour single player campaign, but is next to impossible for a game like BL2 that you can easily put hundreds of hours into. No one else in the house uses my desktop so I can play almost anytime I want.

WED99

Borderlands is one of the most awesome games I have ever played. I got into BL1 on the 360 about 3-4 months before BL2 launched. I originally had no interest in it as I am not a fan of sandbox style games with inventory management, skill trees, etc. I typically go for the simple FPS games with a deep story like Halo, COD, Bioshock, Half Life, etc. However, I kept hearing how great BL1 was over and over again and just broke down and picked up a used copy of BL1. I preordered BL2 the next day.

From a technical standpoint it is a great FPS. The cell shaded almost comic book style look is great. I thought it would make the game feel cartoonish, but I was wrong. Inventory management is pretty easy even though there are literally hundreds of thousands of different guns, shields, grenades, etc.

The game is pretty simple from a story standpoint, but the humor is dark, yet silly and almost on par with Portal.

The season pass with all 4 DLCs is well worth the $30 I paid for it. The first three are pretty basic add on campaigns, but the final one, Tina Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep, is worth the $30 by itself. From what the publisher is saying, the 4th DLC is larger than the other 3 combined in every respect and the story is a hoot especially if you played D&D or role playing games like it in the past.

In all probability I will be playing BL2 for years to come, or at least until they come out with BL3 as there are a total of 6 character classes and I have yet to max out my first character.

I play it on PC, but this choice was mainly due to the fact that I can get on my PC much easier than my 360. My 360 is in the living room and I have to kick the wife and kids out if I am playing on it. This is no big deal for an 8 hour single player campaign, but is next to impossible for a game like BL2 that you can easily put hundreds of hours into. No one else in the house uses my desktop so I can play almost anytime I want.

I guess I might have to pick it up tomorrow then :p

I'm pretty upset I missed the Xbox Summer Sale deal last week where it was only $6! GameStop is selling it for $36 so I think I'll get that, play the campaign, then check out some of the DLCs (definitely the last one and maybe the Pirates one).

Thanks for the great recommendation!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I guess I might have to pick it up tomorrow then :p

I'm pretty upset I missed the Xbox Summer Sale deal last week where it was only $6! GameStop is selling it for $36 so I think I'll get that, play the campaign, then check out some of the DLCs (definitely the last one and maybe the Pirates one).

Thanks for the great recommendation!

I would just get the season pass as it includes all of 4 of the mission DLC (character class DLC is separate).

WED99

Well, for now, I'm into The Last of Us, and it is great! Highly recommend it
Glad to hear you liked it. I finally got around to completely it and the story did pick up a bit near the end. I give it a 7/10, definitely don't think it deserves the hype gamers are giving it though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom