Best Disney tip you ever got!

LittleMissMinnie

Laminate park maps before leaving for your trip. It may seem a little silly before going but you won't have to worry about soggy/lost maps and getting new ones all day.

You can also use a sharpie to mark things you really want to do, write dining reservation times and confirmation numbers on them, as well as parade/special event times. When you get home just spray hairspray on the sparpie-d area and wipe with a dry cloth- comes right off! Then you have maps ready to go for your next trip.. Assuming they haven't majorly changed the park by then.

ZipadeeMickey

The best spot for Celebrate the Magic and Disney Wishes fireworks has to be sitting right behind the Walt statue. Usually I actually stand because people can get in your way, but if you can snag a spot on the seats there, the view of the graphics on Cinderella's Castle and the fireworks are just spectacular and perfect for pictures. And if you don't mind missing Celebrate the Magic and want excellent views of the fireworks from behind the castle, go straight to the carousel and stand in the middle between it and Pinocchio's Village Haus. But fair warning, debris/ash from the fireworks does come down on you, that's how well you can see them!

Shere_Khan

I have several good ones but my absolute favorite is:

When you are exiting It's Tough to be a Bug, go to the left instead of following the crowd out to the right. Not only do you gets away from everyone but it leads you down a gorgeous path (discovery island trails) with some animal sightings that you might have missed otherwise.

Really the Discovery Island trails in themselves is a tip I give to people who have never been. Most people do not even realize they are there and there are so many awesome animals and close ups of the Tree of Life to be seen!

Maelstrom Troll

Our favorite tips that we pass on to our friends are not that dissimilar to a lot of those posted already, but we always tell people to train for WDW. Take long walks before you go, get two comfy pairs of shoes and no flip flops. Take your own poncho or rain jacket and we always bring our own refillable water bottles (greener and cost efficient, also less soda consumption). Get to the parks early, it always pays off! Lastly, we noticed on this last trip that the CMs will check times on your FP but not the dates. I was able to use a couple of older fast passers (dinner took too long) from earlier in the week despite it being the next day. Not sure if this had changed now.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Best tip I was told was to take a leisure day at your hotel. If you are staying in Disney for a week, its best if you can take a day off from the parks after your 2nd or 3rd day to relax. You will be tired and your feet will need rest. So enjoy your hotel one day and lay by the pool then at night go back to one of the parks for fireworks.

:brick:We went on it and we all agreed, that it was the BIGGEST waste of space that the planners ever did, worst ride ever and if it was supposed to be scary I doubt it would scare a two year old toddler. We all were expecting more and got less.:hammer:
I actually used to work as a cast member in the store "Stitch's Great Escape" let out into, Mickey's Star Traders/Merchant of Venus and I have actually seen some children and even adults crying exiting the exhibit. I don't know if they were crying because it was THAT bad or because they were actually frightened. Lol

gboiler1

We had great success with this plan if you stay for an entire week. The first 3 days we'd get up early and hit park openings to hit our favorites without a wait then after lunch or mid afternoon return to our resort and nap, hit the pool, etc. The second half the week we'd sleep in, do the pool then afternoon before dinner we'd head to the parks and and see the night time shows and close the parks down.

VitaminjTX

Take all of your hard planning and throw it out the window. Kids are the definite wild card, especially in the heat of summer. The resort pool was our friend on many afternoons.

Disnee4Me

If you go in the summer, make lunch reservations at a sit down restaurant for 2 p.m. While most guests eat between 12 to 2, the lines are shorter for the rides and more importantly you are out of the hot sun from about 2 to about 3:30. Then when you are done eating, stop in the stores and shop around a bit. Then at five, when everyone else starts to get dinner, head back to the rides while the lines are shorter. We never really went back to our rooms, just spent an hour or two relaxing in the park, shopping, people watching. And the DSs miraculously last all day!!

DisneyFreak23

The best tip I have ( found it here on WDWmagic ) is to take a break from the parks during the day. Go have fun and eat lunch at the park , go back to your resort , relax and take a nap or swim for a while , then hit the parks again refreshed and ready to enjoy it all ! I know some folks think that to leave the parks for a nap is a waste of money , but it made our trip SO much more enjoyable that we will always take time to do this from now on.
Great tip. Always worked for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom