Magical express questions

Ive been to disney many times but never took the express. What are the pros and cons of tagging my luggage and having Disney get them and bring them to the hotel? Should I just get them myself? If I tag them to they come on the same bus as me or do they travel separate. The three hour window is scaring me. What's everyone opinion about luggage and magical express in general?

Spikerdink

I never had an issue with ME and love the ease... I get off the plane, head right to the bus and within an hour I am at my resort. I dump off my carry on and check in and then it is off to the parks.... when I get back later, my room is ready and my luggage is waiting for me.

I usually travel first thing in the morning, so the luggage delay is not an issue for me. On the days when I travelled in the evening, I would put some basics in my carry on to tide me till my luggage arrived (if it had to be the next morning for delivery).

The pros: You drop your luggage off at your home airport and it shows in your room - no waiting at the carousel and lugging it around by yourself.

The cons: There is a delay in the delivery, so if you arrive towards the later evening and have young kids, it could be a hassle in getting the suitcases to the room.

Upvote 0

dolce20

H
Ive been to disney many times but never took the express. What are the pros and cons of tagging my luggage and having Disney get them and bring them to the hotel? Should I just get them myself? If I tag them to they come on the same bus as me or do they travel separate. The three hour window is scaring me. What's everyone opinion about luggage and magical express in general?
Hi Joe!!!
Do the Magical Express--it'll save you time at the carousel and I've never had a prob getting luggage delivered. Just have the important stuff you can't live without (medication, etc) with you in your carry-on that stays w you.

-jamie

Upvote 0

mrdisman

are you crazy? They pick your bags up and deliver them...just make sure that you have everything you need for that day and you're golden

Upvote 0

CLandrum

We love it but when they say expect 3 hours for delivery of your luggage they mean it. Each time we have had to wait the full 3 hours. No biggy if you plan for it. Remember if your flight arrives after 10pm you have to get the luggage from the baggage claim anyway.

Upvote 0

Bethypoo

I usually drive to Orlando, but am flying down for the first time this year and using ME. It does sound easy to just let Disney deal with picking up your luggage, but I don't think I can do it. Maybe it's some kind of weird thing, but I just have to have my stuff with me. Getting my own luggage doesn't bother me. If you aren't as much of a control freak about your suitcase as I am, then give it a try!

Upvote 0

mrdisman

I usually drive to Orlando, but am flying down for the first time this year and using ME. It does sound easy to just let Disney deal with picking up your luggage, but I don't think I can do it. Maybe it's some kind of weird thing, but I just have to have my stuff with me. Getting my own luggage doesn't bother me. If you aren't as much of a control freak about your suitcase as I am, then give it a try!

yes...Bethy...it's a weird sort of thing

Upvote 0

JimJam

If you are not worried about when your luggage gets to your hotel (several hours later), then tag them. Keep everything you would need right away in a carry-on bag.

Upvote 0

Joseph Catalano

Original Poster
H
Hi Joe!!!
Do the Magical Express--it'll save you time at the carousel and I've never had a prob getting luggage delivered. Just have the important stuff you can't live without (medication, etc) with you in your carry-on that stays w you.

-jamie
Hi Jamie I'm sure we will see you guys around the resorts! Weather looks like its going to be great

Upvote 0

dolce20

Absolutely! I've been checking the weather, too--looks good! When are u leaving? We're one week out from today! What are your dining plans? Off the top of my head:
Wed. 4/10 yachtsman steakhouse
Thurs. 4/11 liberty tree, garden view tea amd then my fave ohana
Fri. 4/12 raglan road
Sat. 4/13 either crystal palace or whispering canyon cafe

Upvote 0

Joseph Catalano

Original Poster
Absolutely! I've been checking the weather, too--looks good! When are u leaving? We're one week out from today! What are your dining plans? Off the top of my head:
Wed. 4/10 yachtsman steakhouse
Thurs. 4/11 liberty tree, garden view tea amd then my fave ohana
Fri. 4/12 raglan road
Sat. 4/13 either crystal palace or whispering canyon cafe

We arrive late Saturday night Steven comes Sunday
Sunday : Be our Guest
Monday : via Napoli
Tuesday: yachtsman
Wednesday : raglan road ( first time going here)
Thursday : china
I go home Friday Steven and Nicole stay longer

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom