What's the most surprising thing you've seen at Disney

mergatroid

Original Poster
It could be something good that surprised you, or it could be something that shocked you because it was bad. But it must be something that before you headed into the park you had no idea it was going to happen that day.

For me apart from seeing a dwarf being led on a leash by a woman in high heels and fishnets one night at Downtown Disney, I would have to say it was probably a fight nearly breaking out at Splash Mountain many years ago between a visitor and a fireman. Somebody had fallen and become trapped between the side of one of the vehicles and the track. It was a really bad situation and the guy trapped was in a lot of pain and I believe the cast members were worried that moving the vehicle could injure him more and were waiting for the firemen to arrive with special equipment. I was right near the front and a guy near me had videotaped the incident as it happened. When the firemen arrived and the cast members were still trying to clear the public away the guy who'd taped the incident shouted over that he had what had happened recorded. Anyhow when the fireman came over the guy actually demanded money in exchange for the footage! At this stage it got really heated and I was moved away so never saw how it was actually resolved.

I'm hoping the guy received no money and instead 'accidentally' fell over several times but it just goes to show there's terrible people everywhere, even in Disney.

Disvillain63

First trip with my DS in 1990 and our first night ever at EPCOT, right after Illuminations, a guy had a heart attack. My DH stayed to offer assistance and he had me move away with DS. DS was 3 at the time and doesn't remember a thing about it; he's 25 now. The castmembers worked quickly to clear the area and the emergency team arrived within seconds...it was quick. BTW, the man was okay; he did go to the hospital but survived.

PUSH

On the last ride on the last day of our last trip an elderly man was waiting in the same row as us for Soarin'. He casually put his arms on the wall, bent over and started to "Code V." Everyone backed away, and my family alerted a CM. He refused to sit out the ride, so everyone in the front row (where the man and us were) sat out that ride because we didn't want him to "Code V" again. We were all shocked when he wouldn't sit off the ride. His wife was fanning him off with a towel before the ride started. When we told this to the CM, she said "Oh no he's not going on," and went in to talk to him. She came back out and said that he was going to ride, and they could not refuse him the ride.

It was a unique twist to end our vacation, I guess. o_O

JIMINYCR

Walking along through MK one day and came upon a woman who was standing at the side of the path, assisting her child in relieving himself. Knowing there are rest rooms situated all over the place, I thought well maybe this was an emergency, giving her the benefit of a doubt and knowing it was a young boy, maybe he couldnt make it to the rest rooms. I mentioned it to the next CM I ran into in case there needed to get a clean up crew, and she said Yeah, happens all over the parks, by guests from other countries. Made a mental note to myself, do not ever sit on the grass when watching a parade or fireworks.

The Empress Lilly

Walking along through MK one day and came upon a woman who was standing at the side of the path, assisting her child in relieving himself. Knowing there are rest rooms situated all over the place, I thought well maybe this was an emergency, giving her the benefit of a doubt and knowing it was a young boy, maybe he couldnt make it to the rest rooms. I mentioned it to the next CM I ran into in case there needed to get a clean up crew, and she said Yeah, happens all over the parks, by guests from other countries. Made a mental note to myself, do not ever sit on the grass when watching a parade or fireworks.
I saw the same in DHS. Strangely, again a woman teaching her son to relieve himself in public, near ToT. Like, twenty yards from the next bathroom.

Do some mothers think it is normal for men to not visit a bathroom? Eew eew eew, so very gross. To have to see it, smell it, and know soon other people will sit there. :confused:

Bloopers

On the last ride on the last day of our last trip an elderly man was waiting in the same row as us for Soarin'. He casually put his arms on the wall, bent over and started to "Code V." Everyone backed away, and my family alerted a CM. He refused to sit out the ride, so everyone in the front row (where the man and us were) sat out that ride because we didn't want him to "Code V" again. We were all shocked when he wouldn't sit off the ride. His wife was fanning him off with a towel before the ride started. When we told this to the CM, she said "Oh no he's not going on," and went in to talk to him. She came back out and said that he was going to ride, and they could not refuse him the ride.

What's "Code V"?

And parents spanking their children always surprises me. Like come on... it's just wrong and at Disney nonetheless.

litaljohn

I found Waldo once. I mean I spent so many nights hunting that guy down and boom! right in Disney in line for space mountain I found him. he didn't Ben blend in well like in all the books, he was a good 6 inches taller then everyone else in line and the only one with that type of hat. I actual told a CM when we were lining for the cars and she said " great job!, now can you find the red hydrant?" it's still my favorite disney quote.

Taylor

I saw people in a truck try to get around the traffic out of DTD by driving through the bushes and onto Buena Vista Drive. This was a 4th of July weekend while PI was still open so it was likely they were very drunk.
In his defense getting in and out off DTD has been known to make people go crazy. But yeah probably wasted

Yert3

Last trip in December I was watching Philharmagic when all of a sudden I heard a loud BANG, and a split second later the theater looked like this. I took this picture.
photo1_zps15616cd3.jpg

Seconds later, a CM came on the mic (I don't think he knew he was broadcasting to the theater) and he said "There is an intrusion, I need an engineer up here. Man, it's so dark that I can't even see my watch up here." The whole theater burst out laughing.

Bob Saget

What's "Code V"?
Loudly break wind in public.

AllyInWonderland

Last trip in December I was watching Philharmagic when all of a sudden I heard a loud BANG, and a split second later the theater looked like this. I took this picture.
photo1_zps15616cd3.jpg

Seconds later, a CM came on the mic (I don't think he knew he was broadcasting to the theater) and he said "There is an intrusion, I need an engineer up here. Man, it's so dark that I can't even see my watch up here." The whole theater burst out laughing.
I bet it was Goofy! :eek:

dopeylover

I have to preface this with saying I have an uncontrollable urge to laugh when I see people trip or fall (unless it looks really bad or painful, I swear!). I have tried to restrain it over the years, but I don't know if it's a nervous thing or what, but I literally cannot help myself. It's not that I don't care if someone is hurt or embarassed, it's an uncontrollable urge.

So last trip we were waiting in line for the Safari at AK. There were these two kids a few people ahead of us, about ages 7-9, who were just WILD. Very anxious, excitable, and of course, the parents could not have cared less. So the girl ran underneath the rope that separates the line and the landscaping, and it was a bit of a hill. She was running up and down, up and down, up and down, until finally I guess she had enough momentum and couldn't stop herself and clotheslined herself on the line rope. She got up seconds later, looking a bit frazzled, saying 'I'm fine! I'm fine!"

At that point, my sister and I literally fell to the ground in tears we were laughing to hard. I fell to the ground. I had enough class to turn away from the child (lol) while I laughed, but I laughed so hard I was crying for the rest of the 10 minute wait. Thinking about it now, I am laughing. My husband and mother were mortified at my sister and myself laughing, but I could not stop.

Now the argument could be made: which was the worse thing? The misbehaving child who clotheslined herself, or the 2 adults who almost peed their pants laughing at it? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom