AoA advice needed

Figaro928

Hi All! New to the site. Beginning to plan my Sept '13 trip and need some advice about the Art of Animation Resort. We are going to be a party of 6 - 4 adults, a 3yo and 18month old. Is a AoA suite enough room? Is the pull-out couch and murphy table comfortable enough for adults & can the murphy bed sleep 2 people? I would prefer to stay at this resort, but others in my party are hesitant. They would prefer to get connecting rooms at one of the AllStars. Thanks for any advice that comes this way!!!

PREMiERdrum

Hi All! New to the site. Beginning to plan my Sept '13 trip and need some advice about the Art of Animation Resort. We are going to be a party of 6 - 4 adults, a 3yo and 18month old. Is a AoA suite enough room? Is the pull-out couch and murphy table comfortable enough for adults & can the murphy bed sleep 2 people? I would prefer to stay at this resort, but others in my party are hesitant. They would prefer to get connecting rooms at one of the AllStars. Thanks for any advice that comes this way!!!

I think you might be a little crammed in there. We stayed in a Lion King suite in December, and it seems more suited for a family with children than a group of adults. AoA was great, though, so I would at least consider 2 Mermaid rooms if I were you. They don't connect, but as long as you can get them next door to eachother I would think it would be okay.

The murphy bed is better suited for children or young teens.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Welcome. I'll be staying there in two weeks.
We'll have four adults. I'll let you know when we get back.

Upvote 0

donaldtoo

We had seven (yes, seven - we cheated a little ;)) of us in a family suite (Cars section) at AoA, ranging in age from 17-49, on our trip this past July and it worked out just fine for us.
'Course, we're kinda' Park Commandos and really aren't in the room that much other than to crash and clean up, but there were still no problems or complaints. And, we're stayin' in another family suite (Lion King section this time) at AoA this coming June. :)

Upvote 0

moonwishes2013

We were there last month. 3 - adults & 1 5yr old, 1 adult slept on the pull out couch, she said it was okay, she has slept on worse, we did not use the murphy bed but it did not look to big, it is suppose to be a full size, it just did not look like it. We slept in the queen, (small Queen) w/DD between us. It is nice having the small kitchenette, that is the one of the reasons we stayed in the suite, & it was nice having 2 bathrooms.
If you did not need the fridge & microwave, I would just get 2 rooms side by side.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

I too would like to know about the Murphy table/bed, size wise. If we stay there, it might make more sense for one of us adults to sleep on that bed while the 3 yo sleeps in the bed in the bdm with the other parent.

Is that drop down bed large enough for an adult?

Upvote 0

DRC68

Stayed in a Nemo suite July 4th, DW, M-I-L, F-I-L, Sis-I-L, DD 5,DD 2. In-laws had the master BR, DW and I on the pull out, SIL and DD 5 on the Murphy and DD 2 in a pack n play. We were fine. Had no complaints from anyone about comfort of the beds.

Upvote 0

Mkgoulden

We have stayed at the Family Suites at the All-Star before, and we are going again. Plenty of room, 2 bathrooms were nice, loved having the kitchenette not just for the microwave and fridge but the extra sink and storage too, the pull-out couch was comfortable and they have a pull-out twin bed also. Plenty of room for a pack & play as well.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

We have stayed at the Family Suites at the All-Star before, and we are going again. Plenty of room, 2 bathrooms were nice, loved having the kitchenette not just for the microwave and fridge but the extra sink and storage too, the pull-out couch was comfortable and they have a pull-out twin bed also. Plenty of room for a pack & play as well.
based on photos on the WDW site, it looks like the kitchenette for All Star suites are nicer than those of the AoA. Anyone else think this is (or is not) the case?

Upvote 0

Bocko57

You can do it but it will be tight. What adults gets the nice comfy bed in the master bedroom and who gets the springfelt sleeper sofao_O ? I personally have a tough time sleeping on pullout sofa beds. There should be a pullout chair sleeper too. The nice thing about the suites are the 2 bathrooms. If 2 adults dont mind the pullout sleepers, I think you will be fine.:)

Upvote 0

Mkgoulden

based on photos on the WDW site, it looks like the kitchenette for All Star suites are nicer than those of the AoA. Anyone else think this is (or is not) the case?

That was a big part of our reason for staying with All-Star. It is hard to tell with the AoA pic lay-outs. My family of 5 was very comfortable, and we have to keep snacks and insulin with us. Also, at All-Star all the Family suites are in the first 2 buildings close to the main building.

Upvote 0

moonwishes2013

I looked at the pics of the kitchenette at All-Stars, while it looks like it has more counter space, the other rooms look smaller than AOA's rooms. AOA also has 2 bathrooms where ALL-Star does not. We went out & got some groceries & had plenty of room to put them away. The suites that are the close to Landscapes are the Finding Nemo's, we stayed at the Cars Suites, building 3, third floor, I really did not think it was that far of a walk except when I was carrying a tray w/ 2 dinners on it, We like to eat in the room, about the 3rd day, I realized, I could get to go boxes to take to the room instead of all of the heavy bowls, plates, ect ect. LOL!!! That was alot better, not so heavy!!

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

AOA also has 2 bathrooms where ALL-Star does not.
This alone negates any questions about the kitchenette. I did not know the All-Stars only had one bathroom. So helpful to have 2.

Unless finances are a concern, I would probably go with two rooms. Every one will be appreciate being in their own rooms, especially after a long day.

I think last time I looked at the Disney website, it was cheaper to do two rooms than one suite at AoA.

Upvote 0

moonwishes2013

I could not get the Disney Site to show me any layouts of All Stars Music, could not go to a place where it gave you any info, just those pics. I went to pixiedust-travels & pulled up a layout, it does have 2 bathrooms, I guess the pics on disney make it just look like one since they are just alike ( bathrooms in AOA Suites are different - one has a tub enclosure w/shower & ms just has a shower.)
All Stars Music is IMO, better of the two for room in the kitchenette. (looking at the lay-out) Cheaper!
AOA has thier own buses & is newer, but costs more.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I could not get the Disney Site to show me any layouts of All Stars Music, could not go to a place where it gave you any info, just those pics. I went to pixiedust-travels & pulled up a layout, it does have 2 bathrooms, I guess the pics on disney make it just look like one since they are just alike ( bathrooms in AOA Suites are different - one has a tub enclosure w/shower & ms just has a shower.)
All Stars Music is IMO, better of the two for room in the kitchenette. (looking at the lay-out) Cheaper!
AOA has thier own buses & is newer, but costs more.

No worries. There are actually two different lay-outs of the suites at ASMusic. I know this, too, because the first room we had had a problem so they moved us to another suite which had a different lay-out but still each one had two bathrooms.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom