This has always confused me.

dopeylover

So I was fooling around on the WDW site today looking at prices and whatnot, and I was looking at the 'Room Only' discount for POR. When you get the prices on that, they still give you the option to add tickets and dining on. So my confusion lies in the following: If you add the tickets on dining on, it's no longer a 'room only' package, so does that mean that you lose the discount? Or do you get the discounted price of the room, but just add those options on?

I know this may be a stupid question, so I'm sorry, but I've never used the room only discount before. I thought since it seems FD might not be as frequent I should familiarize myself with other discount options.

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think there is a small discount on the tickets if you package them in too, but only with this current promo. I worked out all this pricing and you saved a few bucks buying them all together, but I think usually you don't save anything getting the tickets packaged in.
Typically no, but it depends on the promotion. Several years ago Disney ran a buy 4 get 3 free promotion (7 day trip for the price of a 4 day trip) and the room, tickets and dining were all discounted. For a room only discount with tickets, the tickets will be full price. You will occasionally see a slight difference (few bucks max) if you were to add up the price of a room only and ticket only purchase and compare it to a package, but this is due to the minute differences in taxing and fees when you compare a room only and a package.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We usually do room only reservations through Disney and buy our tickets via undercover tourist. That was our plan for this year's trip as well, but we found that the full MYW package with room discount and tickets through Disney was actually cheaper overall. That usually isn't the case.

The room only discount applies whether you book a room only or add tickets through a package. We have found that we can come out just as cheap avoiding the DP altogether and using the room discount instead of FD - particularly if you stay in a Mod or Deluxe.

Upvote 0

luv

Some people might want to book room-only and buy dining because they already have tickets. Others might want room-only and tickets, but not want the dining.

If you want to buy all those things, price it out different ways and see what works...or get a TA and let them do the hard part, lol. I really don't know why more people don't get a TA who specializes in Disney to do this work for them. I always hated doing it.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

So I was fooling around on the WDW site today looking at prices and whatnot, and I was looking at the 'Room Only' discount for POR. When you get the prices on that, they still give you the option to add tickets and dining on. So my confusion lies in the following: If you add the tickets on dining on, it's no longer a 'room only' package, so does that mean that you lose the discount? Or do you get the discounted price of the room, but just add those options on?

I know this may be a stupid question, so I'm sorry, but I've never used the room only discount before. I thought since it seems FD might not be as frequent I should familiarize myself with other discount options.

Thanks!
We did room only for April and bought the tickets separately. It worked out to be the exact same price as the package. We used to do room only because we were ap holders, but now we do it so we don't have to pay 45 days out, and you can cancel without penalty right up to the week we go.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I think Disney is still advertising that if you book the dining plan you can save up to 15% or so?:confused: The tickets are discounted slightly when you book the "room only" 30% off discount. I believe you must buy a certain amount of days though ( perhaps 4 or 5?).:confused: I agree. It is confusing! But, I compare the discounted price w/ the regular price, and there is a bit of a difference. So, you do save!:)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Some people might want to book room-only and buy dining because they already have tickets. Others might want room-only and tickets, but not want the dining.

You can book room only and add tickets with no issue. If you try to book room only and only add dining, it will force you to add at least a minimum ticket purchase. Only a special AP package with dining can exist with no tickets purchased.

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
It really can be so confusing, even if you're a WDW vet! We've had to put off vacation til 2014 now due to a baby on the way, but I'm hoping there will be some sort of discount when we go. I think it's good to play around in the meantime though and see how to get the best bang for your buck.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom