Rapunzel's tower has arrived.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wanted to ask that very same question, but I assumed that it was something that i was supposed to already know.

Dyson Air Blade hand dryer (http://airblade.dyson.com/hand-dryers/airblade-mk2/airblade-mk2.aspx), and they are actually pretty cool. You put your hands down inside the unit (which is why it's mounted so low) and the dryer turns on blowing a very high speed narrow blade or air, then you slowly pull your hands out. Dries your hands much faster then the normal dryers. They have them in a few restrooms in Universal but it's the first time I have seen them at Disney.

G00fyDad

Dyson Air Blade hand dryer (http://airblade.dyson.com/hand-dryers/airblade-mk2/airblade-mk2.aspx), and they are actually pretty cool. You put your hands down inside the unit (which is why it's mounted so low) and the dryer turns on blowing a very high speed narrow blade or air, then you slowly pull your hands out. Dries your hands much faster then the normal dryers. They have them in a few restrooms in Universal but it's the first time I have seen them at Disney.

But why not put them higher up and horizontal? Maybe for wheelchair bound people? If so, then put in two.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Pretty darn cool....

Being a techie type of guy I also found it interesting that the Owners Manual for this hand dryer is 52 pages long! :eek:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Pretty darn cool....

Being a techie type of guy I also found it interesting that the Owners Manual for this hand dryer is 52 pages long! :eek:

I just looked at the manual, it's actually only 2 pages of information but it's repeated in 25 different languages. The bigger shocker is the price tag compared to other hand dryers, although this is not un-expected for Dyson products.

KatMaria

The new area is beautiful. I love the theming and detail, it is very well liked by everyone I have talked to. Yes, its just a bathroom but goodness it is the biggest bathroom I have seen. The charging stations are awesome, it is just a nice place to sit and relax and if you brought food, enjoy it there at the tables. I saw many families eating there at the tables with food they brought. The new walkway makes going into Liberty Square easier and not so crowded, which was needed on extremely busy days like this week.

disneyfan1995

Saw the area this past weekend and I loved it. It was very well themed. My one complaint about it is that you can see Rapunzel's tower from the Liberty Square and while in the Haunted Mansion queue. Personally, I think they should do something about it as it ruins the quality of the show from Liberty Square.

sedati

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but something just came to mind and I thought I'd bring it up. In New England there's this weird trend where at one point we dressed up all our ugly water towers and dressed them up to resemble medieval structures. Here's one I just discovered near me that I'm going to explore tomorrow:
1590193004831.png

This is down the street from some colonial structures that would look right in place in Liberty Square. But the best example of this and one I remember most is a tower I used to see off in the distance from my school that we used to call "Roxbury Disneyland." It's more formally known as the Roxbury High Fort and covers the Cochituate Standpipe. Here's a pic and you'll understand why I'm posting this:
1590193198591.png

This structure dates to 1869, which is post-colonial, and yet five years younger than the Dutch Gothic Harry Packer Mansion which inspired the Haunted Mansion itself. So, while still a bit anachronistic to be seen from Liberty Square, Rapunzel's Tower may not be as out of place as it seems.

nickys

Premium Member
i rlly want a Rapunzel ride next. i have a forum called ride ideas you may be able to find it thru my profile go share ur ideas!!!!

I assume you mean your thread in the Imagineering forum. You can simply open that up and either:

Hit “+ quote” at the bottom right of the first post and then “insert quote” into any post

or:

simply copy the URL when you’ve opened up that thread and paste the URL in.

Like this:

I want to see everyone's ride ideas!!! For example follow something close to this format

Ride Name:
Story:
Movie/IP or Original?
Ride System

Mine is:

Monsters Inc Door Chase
Behind Galaxy's Edge
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Basically the door chase from the movie
Movie/IP
Hang Glider Roller Coaster

Or

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom