Questions about MyMagic+ and Fastpass+!

Tigger19

Original Poster
Hello, this is my first post here and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place so sorry if I am!
I have been going to Disney World since I was a child and I'm really confused about the new MyMagic+. 5 of us are planning to go to Disney World for Christmas and New Year but we will be staying in a non-Disney resort so will we not be able to use MyMagic+ or Fastpass+? I saw somewhere that you can buy the wristbands in the park but how much will they be? And how exactly do they work? I have the app for my phone so will I be able to use it without having a wristband? Usually we buy a photo card and I read somewhere that this will also qualify you for a wristband. Is this true and would it only qualify one person to get it or all 5? Also we will be purchasing our tickets soon so when they get here will they be hard plastic with the RFID in them, the wristbands or just the regular paper cards?
Sorry for asking so many questions:oops: But hopefully if they are answered I will understand it better! Thanks in advance :)

Sped2424

Hello, this is my first post here and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place so sorry if I am!
I have been going to Disney World since I was a child and I'm really confused about the new MyMagic+. 5 of us are planning to go to Disney World for Christmas and New Year but we will be staying in a non-Disney resort so will we not be able to use MyMagic+ or Fastpass+? I saw somewhere that you can buy the wristbands in the park but how much will they be? And how exactly do they work? I have the app for my phone so will I be able to use it without having a wristband? Usually we buy a photo card and I read somewhere that this will also qualify you for a wristband. Is this true and would it only qualify one person to get it or all 5? Also we will be purchasing our tickets soon so when they get here will they be hard plastic with the RFID in them, the wristbands or just the regular paper cards?
Sorry for asking so many questions:oops: But hopefully if they are answered I will understand it better! Thanks in advance :)
Well welcome to the forum! as for staying at a non resort you can still use fast pass plus because the new tickets allow use for that! as for getting the magic band itself I cant say that I know the policy on that if you are not staying at a resort. You will be able to use my magic + and fast pass + without a wrist band as your ticket will hold all the information you need because they have the same rfid technology in them. They phased out the paper cards it will most likely be the plastic ones! the wrist bands have no set date when they will be rolled out though by im guessing by the end of the summer we will know all their is to know. And everyone in your group would get the plastic cards meaning they all have their info on them. Hope this helps!

Tigger19

Original Poster
Thanks! I finally understand it all a bit better. I love this idea and hopefully there will be smaller lines;)

Sped2424

Thanks! I finally understand it all a bit better. I love this idea and hopefully there will be smaller lines;)

No problem! I have a lot of hope for this idea too! a lot of people on here though are dreading it though to each is his own I guess im sure enough they will make their way to this thread soon enough!

Tigger19

Original Poster
No problem! I have a lot of hope for this idea too! a lot of people on here though are dreading it though to each is his own I guess im sure enough they will make their way to this thread soon enough!
Hahaha! Well everyone has their own opinions but personally I'm so excited for it! A big step forward for Disney World :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom