Kinect Disney World Adventures?

ZaneB

Original Poster
For those of you who don't know what Disneyland Kinect Adventures is, it's a game where you can explore Disneyland CA using your xbox kinect. There is quests to do for characters and mini games in place of rides.

I am a huge fan of the game and mainly I love it because of how much there is to do! I am slowly nearing 100% completion (all quests, all secrets etc.) and am starting to wonder if there will be a sequel based in Disney World! It makes sense!

So tell me guys, what would you like to see in a game where you explore Disneyworld?

ZaneB

Original Poster
I personally would like the following:
-Every attraction has a short level for itself. When these levels are completed you unlock a virtual ride through.
-Playable with a controller, for those days your too tired to stand.
-More Pins and buyable Merchandise
-Customisable Hotel Room
-Better Reasons to collect coins, to keep you determined!
-More Quests with more variety, not just collecting things
-More Experience Levels
-An overall ending. A reason to finish everything!

Characters I want to see:
MK- Similar to first game, but add dumbo and timothy mouse to storybook circus!
Epcot- PUSH, Figment, Astronaut, Fab Five + Chip n Dale (Dressed up in different countries), Nemo and friends
AK- Fab Five (Safari Suits), Lion King Characters, Jungle Book Characters
DHS-Star wars characters, Indy, Toy Story Characters, Rod Serling, Sorcerer Mickey, Wizard of Oz characters, Cars characters

wiigirl

Really fun game...really fun (and exhausting) on the Kinect. :p
75.gif

Neo222

Hehe, good idea! Honestly if someone was to make a Disney World game, I would want it to be an adventure game with an actual goal that the player must complete by going to each ride and completing missions. Fully explorable, as the player can visit every park, resort, and such, have RPG like elements (buying items with the money you get by completing quests, experience, and such.), and maybe multiplayer support, since everyone knows its better to play with friends.

From what I imagine it though, it would be something like Kingdom Keepers. The player is a regular guest, however something happens that thrusts them into completing this goal. On the rides, the player would have to explore the ride 'setting' and complete puzzles and what-not. Each ride however has their own game mechanics: for example, Pirates of the Caribbean would have a bit of action in it as the player combats pirates, skeletons, and other enemies while gathering items and completing puzzles. Sure mini-games are fine, but I prefer more exploration and gameplay than a few lobby areas with a couple things that can be completed in minutes. So that way the game time is extended and such.

Silver Figment

I personally would like the following:
-Every attraction has a short level for itself. When these levels are completed you unlock a virtual ride through.
-Playable with a controller, for those days your too tired to stand.
-More Pins and buyable Merchandise
-Customisable Hotel Room
-Better Reasons to collect coins, to keep you determined!
-More Quests with more variety, not just collecting things
-More Experience Levels
-An overall ending. A reason to finish everything!

Characters I want to see:
MK- Similar to first game, but add dumbo and timothy mouse to storybook circus!
Epcot- PUSH, Figment, Astronaut, Fab Five + Chip n Dale (Dressed up in different countries), Nemo and friends
AK- Fab Five (Safari Suits), Lion King Characters, Jungle Book Characters
DHS-Star wars characters, Indy, Toy Story Characters, Rod Serling, Sorcerer Mickey, Wizard of Oz characters, Cars characters

Something like this would be amazing. I would buy it in a heartbeat if they made it for the PS3. If it was only on X-Box i would be tempted to buy one just for that game.

SOURTHERNemteo

Love the idea. I've actually wanted this before kinect. The Walt Disney world quest was pretty fun and challenging, but a full theme park exploration game would be awesome. I've been to wdw 4 times and will probably go again this year, so being able to 'go there' from the comfort of your own home would be fun. Maybe if enough people ask for it, they'll deliver. :)

Ignohippo

I must be missing something. We got it the day it came out and absolutely hate it. The tasks seem mundane and there are only, what six (?), mini-games.

I love the idea of getting to walk around Disneyland, but it gets pretty boring after a couple of minutes.

Is there more to it that we're missing?

WED99

I must be missing something. We got it the day it came out and absolutely hate it. The tasks seem mundane and there are only, what six (?), mini-games.

I love the idea of getting to walk around Disneyland, but it gets pretty boring after a couple of minutes.

Is there more to it that we're missing?
There's more than 6. There's about 15 but you need to get deeper into the game. Try to 100% every land by finding all the hidden mickey's, finishing all the quests, buying all the pins, filling out all the photo albums and autograph books, finding every hidden item, zapping every light, yelling at every tree, spraying every plant and collecting every attraction secret.

This all takes more than a couple minutes, in fact it was take you at least 6 months to finish the game, but it doesn't get boring because of the amount of variety!

Ignohippo

There's more than 6. There's about 15 but you need to get deeper into the game. Try to 100% every land by finding all the hidden mickey's, finishing all the quests, buying all the pins, filling out all the photo albums and autograph books, finding every hidden item, zapping every light, yelling at every tree, spraying every plant and collecting every attraction secret.

This all takes more than a couple minutes, in fact it was take you at least 6 months to finish the game, but it doesn't get boring because of the amount of variety!

Problem is, we were bored after just a few minutes. We have no desire to keep bouncing from character to character just to get their items. It was insanely tedious.

WED99

Problem is, we were bored after just a few minutes. We have no desire to keep bouncing from character to character just to get their items. It was insanely tedious.
Yes, the main quests are the worst part of the game. The fun is in exploring with your gadgets and getting 100% in every land. The only reason I do quests now is for the pins at the end.

heims57

Ok after reading these posts and playing the game as well as worked for the Disney co. I can see a lot of potential for a game based in the Disney World location.

Let me begin by what was done wrong with the first game.
1.There were bad mini quests that the characters give you to do.
2. Certain attractions were not available to go into.
3. You couldn't spend money on food or drinks.
Now what could they do better in those perspectives?
1.1 Give the gamer something exciting to do with the characters such as do a little quest but have the reward of riding your favorite ride with the character and have your picture taken the more popular the character the harder the quest.
2.1 Have all attractions open but must complete a certain amount of experience to attend the attraction. As for shows that are done within the parks use the power of the kinect to use them to the developers advantage as to putting the character (gamer) into the show to "help out" the cast.
3.1 As for the food and drink make it into a real situation of staying hydrated and full of all that yummy stuff Disney has to offer. The more dehydrated you are the more difficult the game becomes (of course different difficulty settings)
Now if we made a game based n Disney World! The opportunity is endless. 4 theme parks 2 water parks an indoor video game park and 20+ resorts with millions of things to do? If done correctly to the changes I have made in the above and,threw the resorts in the mess of,things with nightly happenings!! It would take quite a while to create BUT it would give the gamer the actual Disney experience they are looking for. Litteraly throwing yourself into the world of Disney from your very own living room.

DSquared

I'd rather just be able to have a non kinect game where you walk around and actually ride the rides instead of the mini games and side missions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom