Best Disney tip you ever got!

Disnee4Me

When I was really little, my great aunt sent us on our first Disney trip as a family. it was in 2001, we had been without my little sister before but never brought her, I was 7 and she was 4. Our trip was planned for September 13 ( right after the terrorist attacks) It was really empty at WDW that week because of the attacks and a cast member told us that it was usually a really busy time of the year so my parents asked when the slowest time is. they said the week after Thanksgiving. So every year since then we have gone the Sunday after Thanksgiving to the next Sunday. And it has been fairly empty since 2001 until about 2010 so 9 years but last year I guess everyone else realized that too and it was a little bit more crowded. It wasn't packed! But not as empty as usual. So that's my advice go the week after Thanksgiving. But this year were going the beginning of November and the beginning of December so we'll see how that goes
We returned from a trip on 09.01.2001 and as the limo was driving from NYC to Connecticut I pointed out the Twin Towers to my DS, then ages 6 and 11, tragically not realizing we'd never see them again. But my tip would be this if you go in the summer: always make lunch reservations at a sit down restuarant. You get out of the hot sun during the hottest part of the day, so we aimed for 1:30-2:00 reservations. This was of course after early entry and getting all the major rides done, then after lunch, we'd shop around a bit and take it easy, then by 5 when everyone was going to get dinner, we weren't hungry yet, so we'd go back on the rides and wouldn't have to deal with the crowds. Even at 6, my younger DS managed to make it from EMH to 11-12 ---- don't know how he did it.

Last edited:

coleandrachel

The best tip I have ( found it here on WDWmagic ) is to take a break from the parks during the day. Go have fun and eat lunch at the park , go back to your resort , relax and take a nap or swim for a while , then hit the parks again refreshed and ready to enjoy it all ! I know some folks think that to leave the parks for a nap is a waste of money , but it made our trip SO much more enjoyable that we will always take time to do this from now on.

I would really really really like to do this! I would, but I would just feel bad about missing the park. Plus with as much time that is already wasted standing in ride lines, I just can't see doing it... I need more convincing

coachwnh

add extra days and go slower. you cant see all of WDW in three, four, five days, etc. stay longer. do a rest day or two. take time to enjoy it. As one CM told me after the person in front of me left his ticket in the buzz lightyear fastpass, "its vacation, not the amazing race"

PixieDust62

Take a baggie with bandaids, antibiotic cream and pain reliever. You may not need it but if you do you'll appreciate having it. Also trow a pair of dry socks in a baggie.

hiptwinmama

How do you go about renting DVC? Any info would be appreciated! :)

I found the lady we rent from on mouseowners.com. I did my homework, I checked Orange County public records to make sure they were the owner. Then I paid them via paypal just to make sure I would get my $ back if anything went wrong. Which it did not, and now we rent from the same owner every year. You can even have the owner add the dining plan. You can even confirm your reservation on the disney site, so you can see that they made the reservation.

Also, sites like DVC rental store are great too.

Zipadeelady

Thanks hiptwinmama! I have heard lots of good experiences I'm just afraid that I'm going to get that one dishonest person and show up for my vacation and the CM will look at me like I'm crazy. We are seriously considering it for our next trip in 2013. Good to know about paypal.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Every day I visit Disney World I get a pressed penny of one park I visited that day. Then on the back I write with a sharpie the date and what parks I visited. It's a nice little souvenir that only costs 51 cents.

Since moving to the Orlando area last year and getting an AP, I have a small pile of these pennies. It's fun to go through them and see what parks I visited and how often I go. :)

neoshinok

If you pack a lunch to bring to the parks, like I do, I have three words for you: Tom Sawyer's Island! Once you get on the island, take a right and head up the first stairs you come to. Another right, and you'll see a nice tucked away place with two picnic tables. It's a great location to get away from crowds, relax in the shade and enjoy a nice lunch:)

hiptwinmama

Hit the rides at MK when the Electric Light Parade is going on. Most people are there at that time for the parade.
Best advice EVER, I grew up 90 minutes from Disney and we went all the time. During the MSEP we would always ride Space Mountain over and over. 2 years ago, my daughter had me on Thunder Mnt over and over and over because it was during Wishes and there was NO LINE. We actually watched the fireworks from the ride. It was AWESOME!

DVC4bestvacations

we order water from staples.com to be delivered to the room. it's free next day local delivery (there is a staples somewhere near disney). saves alot of money since we're big water drinkers. i've never tried costco but staples works great for us and we've used it the last 2 trips.

Do you need to be in your room to recieve the delivery?

Redhawk

Take a photo with your camera and/or phone of a sheet of paper with your name- WDW resort and phone number/alternate cell phone number and make as your screen photo(phone) or first photo(camera). If items are lost- much easier for them to be found.

I also read a tip to take a photo of your park ticket showing the side with the code on it, in case you lose it. (I hope this makes sense. Last time we went our ticket was like a credit card and I think it had a specific code on it that linked it to our name/credit card.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom