PHOTOS - First look inside 'Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid'

phi2134

This was posted on Orlando Theme Park News. Too funny...

ijq97S4NCpWTT.JPG

I think that contractor just scuttled in his pants...

On a different note, looks kind of cool, but wont kids be asking why is Aerial hammered to the front of a shipwreck?

Pixiedustmaker

If you look at the pattern of the fake tree leaves (willow?) hanging over the moon, they are identical in the pictures purported to be from MK's Mermaid, and from the fan photos from DCA's Mermaid. This is the same scene, I think that the Disney blog simply reposted a photo from DCA. If you look, the "Kiss the Girl" scene from DCA did have a lot of plain old incandescent light, but it has actually been changed (as the fan photos show), to be more like moon light. Disney recycled a photo from DCA's ride and is selling it as MK's Mermaid.

(Fake MK Mermaid photo really just recycled DCA Photo)
fpu102853.jpg

(Updated DCA Fan Photo Mermaid Kiss the Girl)
The-Little-Mermaid-Kiss-The-Girl-Scene.jpg

(Updated DCA Fan Photo Mermaid Kiss the Girl)
7927093510_578c0f5318.jpg

I think the only plausible explanation for this to be the same scene on two different coasts would be if the "leaves/branches" against the moon were part of a mural, but I believe they are fake leaves/branches . . . but a lot of the closer branches/leaves look exactly the same. 99.9% sure this is an old recycled image!

ExtinctJenn

I am really looking forward to this. That said, I don't think I ever saw anywhere that the attractions would differ on each coast so I'm not sure where the shock is that it's looking the same thus far (not that we have a lot to work with to make a real comparison though - three very unrevealing shots).

SIDE NOTE RE: THE ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS PICS: You have to admit, being able to get shots as she was being installed is one of those "right place at the right time" things that very few folks luck out to get! VERY cool!

Pixiedustmaker

I am really looking forward to this. That said, I don't think I ever saw anywhere that the attractions would differ on each coast so I'm not sure where the shock is that it's looking the same thus far (not that we have a lot to work with to make a real comparison though - three very unrevealing shots).

This photo (at least the Kiss the Girl photo and probably the others) is simply a recycled publicity photo from DCA's Mermaid, so we really haven't seen anything from the inside of MK's Mermaid. Maybe some scenes are identical, or similar, but the photo isn't from any attraction in Orlando . . .

It was stated on this Disney parks blog that there would be "slight" differences between the insides of the rides . . . we just don't know what they are.

ExtinctJenn

It was stated on this Disney parks blog that there would be "slight" differences between the insides of the rides . . . we just don't know what they are.
Ok I hadn't seen that but my gut tells me the scenes will be nearly identical (it's cheaper to just mold two of everything you need and send them) and maybe the track layout will differ or something. :D

mets7

I am just wondering.....Belle's M&G started out with a few pictures then a walk-through, then sneak peeks. Can we expect the same from this? Is it possible(though highly unlikely) I will get to ride this when I am there over Halloween?

Pixiedustmaker

Ok I hadn't seen that but my gut tells me the scenes will be nearly identical (it's cheaper to just mold two of everything you need and send them) and maybe the track layout will differ or something. :D

Right . . . but it would be nice to see an authentic photo from the inside of MK's Mermaid. The "Kiss the Girl" photo is from DCA, actually before the lighting was improved. So far, the only stuff we've seen from MK's Mermaid are shots of the outside taken by fans.

I guess some parts of the ride will be identical, but is it fair for the official Disney blog to pass off photos from over a year ago from DCA's Mermaid as being a "first look" at MK's Mermaid? They're not they're old photos of DCA's Mermaid. I guess it saves money to simply re-cycle the old photos . . . but still kind irked by the trickery.

Pixiedustmaker

I am just wondering.....Belle's M&G started out with a few pictures then a walk-through, then sneak peeks. Can we expect the same from this? Is it possible(though highly unlikely) I will get to ride this when I am there over Halloween?

The Kiss the Girl photo is from DCA, it is entirely possible that MK's Mermaid is not nearly as close to being finished, as we haven't actually seen the inside of MK's Mermaid. Disney recycled Mermaid photos from DCA, I guess part of a marketing campaign, maybe so that they don't have to wait for construction to be finished.

So, it is really impossible to tell how far along the ride is . . .

Pixiedustmaker

This looks exactly like DCA's version. If these are in fact pictures of Mermaid in DCA, I am going to laugh.

The Kiss the Girl one is from DCA's Mermaid, look at the leaves of the willows over the moon, and even around the sides, they are 100% identical, this is the same scene from DCA.

The thing is that DCA's Kiss the Girl scene's lighting was changed to look more like bluish moon light (and less like a the display floor of a furniture store). If this lighting change was also made in MK, then they might have gone with the older DCA photo because the scene is lit up more.

Kinda of silly as they are advertising it as the first behind the scenes look at MK's Mermaid, when clearly it is a recycled photo from over a year ago, maybe older. I should start a thread with "behind the scenes" photos from MK's Mermaid and just recycle some old pictures from DCA.

It is kind of funny what they try to get away with.

Californian Elitist

The Kiss the Girl one is from DCA's Mermaid, look at the leaves of the willows over the moon, and even around the sides, they are 100% identical, this is the same scene from DCA.

The thing is that DCA's Kiss the Girl scene's lighting was changed to look more like bluish moon light (and less like a the display floor of a furniture store). If this lighting change was also made in MK, then they might have gone with the older DCA photo because the scene is lit up more.

Kinda of silly as they are advertising it as the first behind the scenes look at MK's Mermaid, when clearly it is a recycled photo from over a year ago, maybe older. I should start a thread with "behind the scenes" photos from MK's Mermaid and just recycle some old pictures from DCA.

It is kind of funny what they try to get away with.

Yep, they are identical. Tried to play us for fools, but I'm no fool. This is actually really funny.

ExtinctJenn

I'm actually a little shocked they are passing off DCA shots as being "exclusive sneak peaks" into the WDW attraction. That just feels more than wrong. Anyone watch the comments to see if they've been called out on it?

RSoxNo1

@Pixiedustmaker, thanks for doing the detective work I was about to do. I'd say you're right in that there's a 99% chance that the photo claimed to be from MK is probably from DCA. I made a comment on the Disney Parks blog, I'm curious as to whether or not it gets posted.

aladdin2007

Ride scenes may be identical but the queue/loading inside will be far superior (the mural is awesome), along with the exterior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom