New Restaurant for Morocco?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I like Marrakesh too, but that's not the point. The point is that given its lack of popularity, there is no demand at all for a second Morroccan restaurant....
If a more accessible QS type restaurant could expand peoples horizons, then it might not be such a bad thing.

alissafalco

To my knowledge, all the pavilions need the backing of their respective country. I can't see Greece having a pavilion in the near future.

Im sure Greece would have no problem with their country being represented in Epcot. I just don't see why they should have to pay for it. Its Disneys park not theirs.

aladdin2007

Im sure Greece would have no problem with their country being represented in Epcot. I just don't see why they should have to pay for it. Its Disneys park not theirs.

Because thats how the foundation of Epcot was originally set up. Sponsored pavilions funded by corps and alliances. That formula though just doesnt seem to work anymore and I think its time they change it and come down off their high horse a bit. Disneys prices and fees and sponsorship contracts to build/sponsor a pavilion are so outrageously high, especially in todays economies. 55 million or so (if I remember correctly, will double check) was the price tag on Norway and that was the late 80s. As another example there was a move in the Norwegian government last year showing interest again in sponsoring Norway after pulling out about ten years ago or so, but talks fell through becuase of Disneys greed from what I understand and the two are no longer on speaking terms. If all that had not fallen through though we would have seen some new love for Norway, and yes a new film. This is all off topic I know but just putting some perspective out there.

alphac2005

Wonderful. Showcase needs even more places to take your money since we know it has far too many attractions.

It's truly a sad thing for us long-time diehard type fans to continue to watch the product waste away. So, I get to pay higher prices for admission to pay for higher priced food and higher priced merchandise all the while getting outdated attractions and not even the remote possibly of the gain in the number of attractions.

Orlando management is destroying the brand and long-term consumers of their product. If you're a middle class family, it's simply becoming unaffordable, period, and apparently it's all part of their plans.

alissafalco

Because thats how the foundation of Epcot was originally set up. Sponsored pavilions funded by corps and alliances. That formula though just doesnt seem to work anymore and I think its time they change it and come down off their high horse a bit. Disneys prices and fees and sponsorship contracts to build/sponsor a pavilion are so outrageously high, especially in todays economies. 55 million or so (if I remember correctly, will double check) was the price tag on Norway and that was the late 80s. As another example there was a move in the Norwegian government last year showing interest again in sponsoring Norway after pulling out about ten years ago or so, but talks fell through becuase of Disneys greed from what I understand and the two are no longer on speaking terms. If all that had not fallen through though we would have seen some new love for Norway, and yes a new film. This is all off topic I know but just putting some perspective out there.

Ugh! Maybe they will learn when every country in Epcot is beyond dated and falling apart. Thanks for the info

luv

If a more accessible QS type restaurant could expand peoples horizons, then it might not be such a bad thing.
What do you mean "more accessible"? Do you find the current restaurant and QS places inaccessible? I'm not trying to pick a fight. It is just that, having never had that problem (and I eat Morrocco a lot), I'm a little confused.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What do you mean "more accessible"? Do you find the current restaurant and QS places inaccessible? I'm not trying to pick a fight. It is just that, having never had that problem (and I eat Morrocco a lot), I'm a little confused.

Sorry, that did come out kind of confusing...

I meant opening up the Moroccan cuisine to more people by placing it front and center and in peoples faces; that hopefully they are more likely to try it and perhaps like it. Therefore increasing the business of the full serve restaurant.

ChrisM

Sorry, that did come out kind of confusing...

I meant opening up the Moroccan cuisine to more people by placing it front and center and in peoples faces; that hopefully they are more likely to try it and perhaps like it. Therefore increasing the business of the full serve restaurant.

It is hidden way back in that warren of alleyways. I think it adds to the "mystery" of it...but maybe that works better for an opium den then for a restaurant.

NoChesterHester

People love the idea of Ancient Greece being represented in World Showcase. Their historical relevance ended however some 2000 years ago. Modern Greece is an utter and complete mess.

alissafalco

People love the idea of Ancient Greece being represented in World Showcase. Their historical relevance ended however some 2000 years ago. Modern Greece is an utter and complete mess.

I was just there in 2007and it's absolutely beautiful! You mean the modern government of Greece is an absolute mess right?? Well I'm sure a Greece pavillion would not focus on the current state of the government...I would love to see the white washed buldings, the Acropolis, donkeys, windmills, and delicious Greek food represented at WS!!!

alissafalco

How about a good American barbecue?

Jimmy Thick- Mmmmmm brisket.............................................

I think they have that covered over at WL with Whispering Canyon and Mickey's Backyard BBQ....I would like however a New Orleans themed area in MK like they have at DL with some good Creole/Cajun food.

NoChesterHester

I was just there in 2007and it's absolutely beautiful! You mean the modern government of Greece is an absolute mess right?? Well I'm sure a Greece pavillion would not focus on the current state of the government...I would love to see the white washed buldings, the Acropolis, donkeys, windmills, and delicious Greek food represented at WS!!!

The natural beauty of the country is undeniable. The food is lovely, but probably difficult to replicate properly in Florida.

As for my statement, I too have been to Greece and found the country an utter and complete mess. Nothing ran on time. Nothing seemed reliable. The culture seems to be one of hustle and dishonesty. If it wasn't for its beauty and history it would be an armpit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom